Last Ute build up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Last Ute build up

Postby ST2UP on Sun, 24 Oct 2021 5:19 +0000

Evening all,

I recently parted with my ever faithful 1987 YN67 Hilux 4X4 petrol that was essentially our “hacker” to do the runs to the tip, half a dozen firewooding and hunting trips a year and loaned to family for close by Ute/camping duties…..it was last car out if needed for anything else….4,000ks was considered a big year for it. But some of those K’s were hard going.

As my secondary employment has changed a little and I will need a 4x4 vehicle occasionally to access a few mountainous job sites and my wife hated the old cantankerous hilux without power steering, so we figured an update.

We are both early 50’s and have a over fruited Isuzu MUX as wife’s daily and our touring/tow vehicle. I walk to work and have a work vehicle for both occupations. So this Ute would be to hopefully serve us for many, many years. Hence a Hilux was the best choice, although had I found a low mileage Dmax it could have gone that way too.

So the replacement is a stock standard 2011 N7O diesel extra cab with a factory alloy tray, steel Bull bar and Tow bar with a 140k’s.

Was a RMS Ute for first couple years then a cowcockies go to town Ute, never farm bashed, but has had some evident serious weight in the tray and “comfy” :evil: suspension.

It’s been in the shed about 6 weeks and it’s modification/accessories other than tyres and suspension will be FB market place sourced if the bits are not already in my collection of stuff….I have always serviced our 2nd vehicle myself.

So far it has earned:

All fluids and filters changed.

XTM LED Driving Lights
Upgraded H4 Globes and relays
Redarc BCDC1220
eBay battery tray (Pirahna copy)
50 amp AGM battery (Don’t use a fridge in this, and didn’t want the weight of a 100amp/hr on the passenger guard)
Redarc Towpro
Anderson plug
Anderson plug in grill for Solar maintenance of main battery while parked up in shed
Under tray tool boxes
Under tray trundle draw
A few radios (hence dual battery)
Canvas seat covers

Over the coming months will be suspension. 2” will be amble with 300 kg constant rears and 110kg front. Still researching options…..but like the Dobinsons and bilsteins in our MuX.

Have acquired 5x 17” N80 steel wheels….. probably LT245/70/17 in a Kumho MT51 50/50 Tyre (Used previously and really impressed) but still researching.

Have a TJM outback winch bar that needs brackets that also has a TJM OX winch that I can probably resurrect. If bar brackets not available I believe the winch cradle is still available from Toyota for the factory bar.

Not over fussed with a catch can, but will probably do a restricted EGR plate and a snorkel.

A tray mounted dog/tool box and roof mounted hunting spotlight will be on the to-do list too.

As this will be a do-it-myself project I’m sure I will have questions and perhaps some answers too….

Cheers
ST2UP

Re: Last Ute build up

Postby AmeriKUN26 on Sun, 24 Oct 2021 11:46 +0000

Looking forward to the build, let's see some pics!
AmeriKUN26

Re: Last Ute build up

Postby hiluxxury on Mon, 25 Oct 2021 7:56 +0000

X2 for pics!
I might be wrong.

2005 SR Hilux 1KD - SOLD
2009 BMW X5 - destroyed by a hail storm
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 - SOLD
2015 Ford Ranger
hiluxxury

Return to Member Build Ups