Drews Build. For Sale !!

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Drews Build

Postby Drew on Wed, 29 Apr 2009 7:45 +0000

Yeh will def check the bump stops out, good idear rod will def look at geting them made looks like it will be a damn site cheaper
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Postby Marshwa on Wed, 29 Apr 2009 9:18 +0000

max those diff spacers take litterally 3 minutes to fit, wheather they cause any damage drew and i are yet to find out, but drew mentioned earlier he hasn't noticed a difference, and i'll let u no if they cause any problems my way. And as for ur bash plates all u'd need it 4 or 6, 1"blocks and some longer bolts and it should be pretty well fine might have to expand some holes then use some bigger washers tho, if u wanted to go the easy way hahaha :D :D .

Drew, u and rod's are right custom brake lines are the way to go, even Opposite Lock and a guy at snake i spoke to recomended them over there product, reakin there just as good and way cheaper, pretty good of them really haha, mine roughly quoted were i think $80 all 4 fitted i think(a long time ago), compared to snakes $270 supplied
Marshwa

Postby Drew on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 5:37 +0000

Yeh def right about the diff spacers just 2 bolts easy as and any help for the cvs is fine with me lol
I got the stock bash plates back on if you see my pics in here i just cut a wedge in the 2 supports for the droped swaybar and just trimmed a half moon arroound the diff spacers so i didnt have to drop the bashplate and just used a lil spacer (pipe) and a loger bolt to drop the front of the rear bash plate. Wizard suplyd all the spacers to re fit the stock bash plates but i only used 2 and modified the rest myself so not to lose ground clearance.

Just to add to how i now have the front set up i have gained the extra height i was after but its still soaking up the speed bumps near my place like there not even there steady or at speed, now just to revalve the rear to soften those fabtechs up.
Drew

Postby rodw on Sun, 03 May 2009 8:44 +0000

Drew

Just going back through your buildup after you referred Marshwa back here. I noticed you said:

The front axle seems to be alot further back in the front wheel arch than the last model and rub when turning.

Just wondering, but I wonder if this is because the TC UCA adjusts Caster. I was thinking the only way it could do this is to move the top ball joint rearwards becasue the LCA is fixed at the factory position. . So I wonder if the TC UCA is actually causing less clearance behind the tyre you are referring to here. I asked Brent at Wizard the other day but he reckoned it didn't know. Any thoughts mate?

Edited becasue used Camber instead of Caster
Last edited by rodw on Mon, 04 May 2009 6:08 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
rodw

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 5:27 +0000

I dont think so rod everythign is still straight up and down. Just sat the old UCA over the TC one and ball joint is in the same position left to right, just seems like the wheel arch itself is smaller than my previous model. I had heaps of room with the 33's on it but had to do heaps of cutting on this one. The wheels and the offset are much worse on this one but even with the wheels straight its a tight fit, more room on the front but bugger all at the rear of the tyre.
Drew

Postby rodw on Mon, 04 May 2009 6:07 +0000

Thanks Drew. I just realised I used the wrong term, I was referring to Caster not camber. Anyway, I have been able to get my head arounf the TC UCA's now and don't rule out fitting them one day as they will free uyp a lot of space in the wheel arch that will permit a better offset to minimise trimming.
rodw

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:10 +0000

Yeh it was apitty the wheels i wanted only came in the one offset ans i can almost fit a rum can inbetween the tyre and the UCA. It was a pitty to waste all that space.
Drew

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:15 +0000

Found a little rut this arvo couldnt get the front in it but got one of the rear wheels very light on the ground. From the top of the rims to the edge of the flare the difference between the sides was 13inches i cant wait to go test it properly.

Drew

Postby Marshwa on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:24 +0000

Looks unreal mate, is that with ur fabtechs re valved? or havn't ya got round to that?
Marshwa

Postby KTM525EXC on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:26 +0000

good work!!!!! :D that tyre only just misses the flare and mudgaurd :? it looks gr8 and flexes up well 8-)
Troy
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:30 +0000

Yeh its close to the mudguard but just misses. Havnt got em re valved yet still a bit rough in the rear.. well like standard but they said it should be a whole much better than standard ride so i'll get arround to it soon. Just have to send em off. I didnt think to check if the passenger side was up on the bump stop or of it had more room to go but id say it would have been from looking at it in the driveway.
Drew

Postby Marshwa on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:39 +0000

oh ok mad, haha yeh looks like a pretty tight fit indeed. How hard is it to hit ur front bump stop? i had my rear wheel off the ground the other day and still had inch to go in the opposite front before the bump stop? reakin thats normal?
Marshwa

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:46 +0000

Could be we have a fair bit of travel in the front now. It was on flat ground with one rear wheel droped down so i havnt tested the front yet
Drew

Postby Marshwa on Mon, 04 May 2009 8:56 +0000

yeh could be, but its mostly only done travel i was lead to believe. How u found it with ur spacers? any difference around town?
Marshwa

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 9:15 +0000

I can def feel the extra height sitting in it, drives the same, soaks up speed bumps with ease but its not bouncy, glad i done it.
Drew

Postby Marshwa on Mon, 04 May 2009 9:25 +0000

yeh sounds like a good mod, might have to look into somthing along the lines when i fit the dual abttery and the winch bar if i can't get the height i want. Did u just do it because it was too stiff or did brent advise u no to go past 53mm in thread gap, for a reason?
Marshwa

Postby Drew on Mon, 04 May 2009 9:40 +0000

No i was actualy thinking about doing it with the kit before i bought it. Have spoken to brent a few times i told him i had it at 60mm and he said that was fine and i could go more if i wanted to but i just didnt want to pre load the spring and stiffen the ride by winding it up as i was stoked with the ride and how it handled so i didnt want to stiffen it up. I asked brent before i bought the kit about all the weight i had in the front and would it sag and he said no most of the other trucks they do have dual batterys, winches etc and they have all been fine, and mine was too just settled a little then didnt move again. The front kit gets the truck almost level at 53mm of thread with the 2inch rear because they are so high in the rear as standard. But when i was talking to him we think my rear springs are actualy a 3in spring thats why mine wasnt level but had that stock rake to it so now im all level and its good as gold as they say lol
Drew

Postby Marshwa on Tue, 05 May 2009 9:54 +0000

yeh fair enough sounds pimp can't wait for some pics in full action haha
Marshwa

Postby Smithyworld on Tue, 05 May 2009 10:12 +0000

Drew wrote:Yeh its close to the mudguard but just misses. Havnt got em re valved yet still a bit rough in the rear.. well like standard but they said it should be a whole much better than standard ride so i'll get arround to it soon. Just have to send em off. I didnt think to check if the passenger side was up on the bump stop or of it had more room to go but id say it would have been from looking at it in the driveway.

If you enter driveways or hit bumps off road, put pressure on those wheels, I guarantee that they will start hitting the mud flat. Most of us with 32s have taken the mudflaps off and moulded the inner guards as well as flattening the body seal behind the guard to gain some extra room. If you haven't already you will need to do this.
Smithyworld

Postby Smithyworld on Tue, 05 May 2009 10:13 +0000

By the way i like the 2 tone wheels
Smithyworld

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups