Hilux KUN26L build in USA

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Hilux KUN26L build in USA

Postby Caleebra on Sun, 25 Apr 2021 6:22 +0000

Isn't there a lot of Hiluxes driving around in South America?
Wouldn't that be a shorter lead time for ordering parts, if you where to find any that is?

Just occurred to me that I remember seeing many of the Tacoma guys i follow on Instagram jump on their breaks when they see a Hilux suddenly appear just over the boarder(Mexico plates).
- Arne from Norway here, glad to chat with you -

Instagram: @arnlux_adv
Facebook: - Arn's Lux Adventure -
:D
Caleebra

Postby AmeriKUN26 on Tue, 27 Apr 2021 4:53 +0000

Caleebra wrote:Isn't there a lot of Hiluxes driving around in South America?
Wouldn't that be a shorter lead time for ordering parts, if you where to find any that is?

Just occurred to me that I remember seeing many of the Tacoma guys i follow on Instagram jump on their breaks when they see a Hilux suddenly appear just over the boarder(Mexico plates).

Absolutely true, I've attempted contact with Toyota dealerships in several countries in Central and South America (in english and spanish) and no one even replies. I'm not sure what else to do, I can't find any parts distributors or anything online based in SA... Very strange.

I just recently found a US Toyota warehouse that apparently serves the Mexican market as well and I've ordered the windows through Toyota. It's been a week long process so far and some paperwork back and forth. Amongst other disclaimers it's an absolutely as-is sale with zero support or refunds. Very strange from Toyota themselves, let's hope I get the right windows!
AmeriKUN26

Postby Caleebra on Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:05 +0000

Thats crazy! Even from Toyota themselves not answering...

Hope your window deal comes through and they could probably help you in the future with parts!
- Arne from Norway here, glad to chat with you -

Instagram: @arnlux_adv
Facebook: - Arn's Lux Adventure -
:D
Caleebra

Postby AmeriKUN26 on Sun, 02 May 2021 8:39 +0000

Caleebra wrote:Thats crazy! Even from Toyota themselves not answering...

Hope your window deal comes through and they could probably help you in the future with parts!

Thanks! I'll certainly keep you guys posted. As of now it looks like the order is going through.
AmeriKUN26

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups