Scooba's Lux

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Scooba's Lux

Postby Scoobalimalima on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 8:08 +0000

G'day all.

I recently bought a 2015 dual cab SR 5sp with 25,000kms

My list of mods so far include

- Dyno tune and 3" exhaust
- ARB Deluxe winch bull bar
- King Wheels Terra Black 17x8 rims
- Cooper AT3's 265/70/17
- SR5 Flares
- SR5 Chrome mirror and door handles
- Kenwood stereo with GPS
- Reverse camera
- Black Duck seat covers
- Provent catch can
- Spray on tub liner
- A decent horn!!

Next on the list is a Eko Top canopy.

Before pic - https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1A ... EB2A18D1A7
After pic - https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1A ... CE17F04268
Dyno sheet - https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B1A ... 8D62785C6E

Cheers,

SLL
Scoobalimalima

Re: Scooba's Lux

Postby kitdoctor on Sat, 03 Mar 2018 5:02 +0000

Lookin good! Give the guy some encouragement.
kitdoctor

Postby Sam Gribley on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 8:08 +0000

Looking bloody good Scooba!

I'm looking at doing a tub liner soon, I pulled the plastic toyota liner out of mine asap after I bought it. Was already showing plenty of rust spots.

What tub liner did you go with? Did you do it yourself? Roll or spray? Any info or tips would be appreciated, cheers.

Looking forward to more of your build thread.
Sam Gribley

Postby Scoobalimalima on Mon, 05 Mar 2018 11:09 +0000

Cheers Fellas.

I got mine sprayed on by Xtreme Protective Coatings in Perth, they're also in Brissy.

It's a spray on that's about 4-5mm thick, very tough and durable. It pretty much cures on contact (they described it as pouring hot wax and watching it cool), they have some videos of the process on their web site. I drove in and out in about 3 hours. I was told not to put anything heavy on it for 24 hours but after that was all good. I did a lot of google research before I went with these guys and only saw good reviews, I read stories of other brand liners starting to peel etc. I am very happy with the result, plus I never have to worry about the possibility of rust due to sweating between the liner and the tub etc.

Cost was about $750 including the tailgate.

SLL
Scoobalimalima

Postby Sam Gribley on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 3:58 +0000

Scoobalimalima wrote:Cheers Fellas.

I got mine sprayed on by Xtreme Protective Coatings in Perth, they're also in Brissy.

It's a spray on that's about 4-5mm thick, very tough and durable. It pretty much cures on contact (they described it as pouring hot wax and watching it cool), they have some videos of the process on their web site. I drove in and out in about 3 hours. I was told not to put anything heavy on it for 24 hours but after that was all good. I did a lot of google research before I went with these guys and only saw good reviews, I read stories of other brand liners starting to peel etc. I am very happy with the result, plus I never have to worry about the possibility of rust due to sweating between the liner and the tub etc.

Cost was about $750 including the tailgate.

SLL

Cheers for all the info. I've done a fair bit of reading about Raptor Liner on here and elsewhere and I think I'll go with that eventually. Can do it myself and it works out real cheap. Not a lot of options down in nowheresville Tasmania haha.
Sam Gribley

Postby Scoobalimalima on Tue, 06 Mar 2018 5:23 +0000

I just had a look on their web site. Looks like a very good option if your going down the DIY route. Good luck with it.

Cheers.

SLL
Scoobalimalima

Return to Member Build Ups