Yeah I would recommend him.
I managed to catch him as he was blowing up (and he actually moved his shop during the build too) so I'm putting some of it down to bad luck.
Kinselas have actually modified a few things on the canopy as well for me. Originally when it came back the guards were never going to fit 35's (just like the rear wheel carriers
) and the panel holding the rear lights didn't give the best departure angle. I had asked Spinifex about angled up wings for the lights, but like most of the canopy and tray builders, they have a design they use and modifying that is expensive. Matt's a custom fabricator, so nothing is off limits. I loved the canopy when I got it back, when I saw what Kinsela did for me (at less that 25% of the price it was going to cost) I was blown away.
He puts a lot of thought and effort into his builds.
Yeah, they could have been a bit more organised from the start, but I did miss my window getting there because of courier dramas. The quality of the work is great, and they take pride in it.
It's been a long ass build so far (not done yet either
), but I don't regret it. I smile like an idiot every time I look at it or climb up to drive it (I'm 6'3" by the way). And as long as it took, the ute has gone through a MASSIVE change for less than you'd pay for a Prado.
I keep promising decent shots of the canopy, but not until it's finished. Doesn't seem right
But, what happened to it was
-Raptor Liner respray (included dent removal)
-Custom front seats from Proseat Auto
-replaced tub with custom canopy (I'll go into the details of that once the spares are back on, but I'm running a third battery in there with the fridge and it's own DCDC to handle charging and solar)
-SAS with 80 series diffs front and rear. Kinselas do a hybrid rear housing that works out to be the same price as re gearing the original diff but you end up with a much stronger unit
-my rear e locker was moved to the new front diff as hilux rear is the same as 80 series front
-Superior Engineering superflex radius arms
-custom sway bar and upgraded tie rod and drag link
-slotted rotors and braided brake lines
-hydro booster (still sorting that out)
-Fox shocks and Dobinson springs (after everything else I'd done I couldn't justify coilovers)
-ARB bullbar was modified to be wider and meet the Kut Snake flares (looks factory) and have led fogs mounted
-ARB long range poly tank
-all approved and certified by an engineer!
-still have to do some rewiring with my mate in the engine bay and hook up a switch or 2
-brush bars go on this week
-then there'll be a few bits and pieces to stuff around with that nobody will ever notice, like respray the grille and do something about blacking out the chrome handles on the canopy....and then I'll see if Santa (me) will get me a front mount