Lerroy's MY07 - City to Bush

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Lerroy's MY07 - City to Bush

Postby Sam Gribley on Mon, 18 Dec 2017 6:21 +0000

f$@#&% those overhead shots really show the output. Looks like the light bar throws an extra 20m or so in front of the rest! With this set up, the "light bar" is actually a strip in the middle of each spotty, is that right??
Sam Gribley

Postby Critter350 on Mon, 18 Dec 2017 7:11 +0000

I think it’s the 50” on the roof

Cheers
Crit
Critter350

Postby lerroy on Mon, 18 Dec 2017 7:54 +0000

Sam Gribley wrote:f$@#&% those overhead shots really show the output. Looks like the light bar throws an extra 20m or so in front of the rest! With this set up, the "light bar" is actually a strip in the middle of each spotty, is that right??

Hi Sam

Sorry, bit confusing bit light bar as Crit said is the 40“ unit mounted to the roof rack.

The spotlight does have a sort of of light bar in middle which the manufacturer calls a DRL, doesn't really add much light only a small bit.
lerroy

Postby Sam Gribley on Tue, 19 Dec 2017 6:12 +0000

Ahhhh ok, that makes more sense haha. Cheers.
Sam Gribley

Postby lerroy on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 1:57 +0000

Alright, been a while since posting, had a holiday in Sydney but a few weeks over Christmas but a few things have arrived since.

Bash plates and Window visors

Would have gone a bit thicker but only so much they can deliver out here via post, 3mm will have to do for the bash plates, surprised how flimsy the stock plates feel against these ones. Pretty happy with the new ones simple install took about 10 mins purchased from ebay seller (listing has since been removed)

Visors came from OCAM super cheap and simple to install using 3m tape to mount that was attached

I wanted to monitor both batteries from the drivers seat, picked up a dual voltage meter and wired up, I'm using a old cranking battery just temporarily until the new deep cycle arrives, hence the crap voltage was really just for testing doesn't hold charge long. Crank is also low was just after not being driven for a month.

The spotties switch next to it actually turns it on an off, will look for a cover that suits better online.

As I'm using a VRS to charge I thought I would try out one of those diode fuses has pushed the voltage up about 0.4 of a volt which will help the second batt get a little bit closer to full.
I did research this before doing and will monitor how far it goes, so far it hasn't gone past 14.2 on cold and 13.8 after warmed up. still a little skeptical of the device...will see..

Installed throttle controller on TRS's advise cheers bro. Really happy with the results car isn't really any faster, just feels more responsive. Slowing the throttle down when 4wdriving is pretty handy as well over rough terrain. At the highest setting (9) the throttle felt a little too touchy so lowered it to 6.

Got some free wet-suit material seat covers from 4wd super centre as i got my dad a VRS dual battery setup for Christmas, they are not bad, helps keep the seats bit better.

I picked up a cheap Waeco CF50 litre fridge as well which has been put to good use lately :)

Rear of the car is still a work in progress needed more adhesive and bits for it, I brought back a load of carpet so ill put up some photos when its all done
Last edited by lerroy on Wed, 31 Jan 2018 3:45 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
lerroy

Postby Critter350 on Tue, 30 Jan 2018 5:36 +0000

Those bash plates from OCAM? Don’t see them on their website. Got any plans for covering the area between bullbar and bash plate? Mine’s the same, reckon it’s a matter of time before a jam a stick through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Critter350

Postby lerroy on Wed, 31 Jan 2018 3:43 +0000

Critter350 wrote:Those bash plates from OCAM? Don’t see them on their website. Got any plans for covering the area between bullbar and bash plate? Mine’s the same, reckon it’s a matter of time before a jam a stick through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey mate, yeah I'll change the text I did make it sounds like they were from ocam, was just an ebay purchase cant find listing anymore its been removed slightly worrying..
Yeah I actually thought about that gap was considering chopping up the old bash plate and mounting.
lerroy

Postby Sam Gribley on Fri, 02 Feb 2018 8:50 +0000

So you reckon the 3mil plates are decent? I've been looking at similar for the same reason, in the middle of nowhere so postage really stacks up if they start getting heavy.

Well, I WAS watching them on ebay but can't find it now...
Last edited by Sam Gribley on Fri, 02 Feb 2018 8:55 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Gribley

Postby Sam Gribley on Fri, 02 Feb 2018 8:54 +0000

Pretty sure this was the place making them: https://www.customoffroad.com.au/produc ... on-plates/

Looks like they're moving away from ebay and putting some more work into their website. Hopefully that's the only reason because their plates look decent and at a much more affordable price than some of the others.

Anybody else with input on similar bash plates???
Sam Gribley

Postby lerroy on Fri, 02 Feb 2018 8:55 +0000

Hey Sam, yeah listing has gone for the ones I bought. Edit yep that's the ones custom offroad

I'm pretty happy with them allot better than stock, I would have gone bit thicker if I could, but couldn't get them out on mail plane. Quality is great fit perfect and look the part

That being said I'm likely not to be going that crazy that I'll need thicker so this is a good balance between weight cost and my use.
lerroy

Postby Sam Gribley on Sat, 03 Feb 2018 6:02 +0000

The stock ones on my ute are looking like a scrunched up piece of tin foil right now, so they definitely can't be any worse. Cheers for the feedback.
Sam Gribley

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups