Electrical upgrade over the weekend.
Glued a solar panel on the roof and installed a Victron 100/20 controller.
Started with a wash and when it was dry, scrubbed with isopropyl, firstly with a blue chux wipe until I noticed it bleeding blue ink, so swapped for a white rag (wonder if the wife will miss that curtain...)
Product called ‘tool box’, never heard of it before but came recommended. Hated working with it though, so thick it’s so hard to squeeze out the gun, has 10 minute skin time so had to go hell for leather to lay it down and get the panel on.
Hoping it holds- the wind can get under it but the suppliers all recommend an air gap anyway.
Panel specs for record purposes, this side is down so can’t read it anymore.
Panel came with those solar connectors, so I made up leads to plug in and connect to the controller. Leads test fine but just didn’t work. Triple checked male - female inside the plugs... end up cutting them off and going Anderson. Silastic in the back of the play to keep water out, but I guess it will also keep water in. See how it goes eh.
Loving the Victron app, geeking out on it a bit.
So far have seen 68W, but it is winter and there’s no tilt on the panel.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk