Jims Build up

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Jims Build up

Postby James_Austgen on Sat, 23 Apr 2016 10:19 +0000

Ok, Now its only taken me 3 years to get to my first build thread going but here we go...

Bought my first car 3 years ago, 2010 Dual cab lux, Got it for 22k from a dealer, it had 70,000kms on it and was still under the new car warranty. Bargain i thought!

(before the lift and tyres went in) *Big thanks to Matty from Monster rides who sorted me out with the full Matrix Kit*

Back from the shop with the lift and new boots! loved the new look of the lux especially with the SR5 flares fitted!

Im currently running 285/75/16 tyres on a 0 offset rim. I adjusted the front end to about 4" to really lift that front end up an make the ute look like its standing up straight instead of that awful nose dive look they quite often have (altho in the photo its currently sitting at 2"). It was also to help eliminate the rubbing issues i was having on the body mounts. That lasted me a while until some hard 4x4ing ended up finishing off the CV boots. So back down the shop to have those replaced and i readjusted to 3" in the front. CV boots seem to still be holding up strong.

I had to be good for quite a while because i just blew all my money on a car and new suspension so quite a bit of time had passed before i continued on with my build. But i picked up a GME Uhf radio and bought the antenna from eBay. While i was on eBay i found a roof console to suit in america so i bought that as well for the radio install. Well worth its money thats for sure!

Next on the cards was the 3" exhaust system from Scott Rods. I had that sent across and was stoked when it arrived. Took me pretty much near on the entire weekend to try and loosen off the dreaded Turbo bolts and in the end i ended up using a cold chisel and hammer to slowly spin the nuts and stud out and just replaced those. I had my Safari Snorkel fitted at the same time, and i was impressed with the difference that made to the lux.

My Mrs and her family all chipped in to get me some window tint for christmas. Her old man has a mate who owns a shop and i was talked into getting limo tint, and it looked awesome with it on too!!! altho it wasn't really practical. Made night driving a pain in the ass out in the middle of nowhere and where ever there were no street lights, also very impractical for driving down the beach trying to spot good gutters and structure for fishing.

I got myself a custom sports Bar and cut the old bar work off and fitted the new bar. Again this transformed the truck. I don't really have a good photo of the bar but it has custom grab rails running all around with 4 light brackets which i took advantage of. Love the lights on the back. They are soo handy, Makes night fishing a dream! lights up the entire beach haha

(A personal Photo shoot i took with the ute at work with all the mine gear, showing off the new sports bar)

Not long after i got a yellow sticker for the Window tint and had to remove that and the wheels drop the suspension back down. i failed the first time for rod holders on the bullbar and a small patch of glue on the window i missed. So i had to return for that. That in itself is a Long funny story for another time haha

As for now the build progress has slowed down a lot. Just continuing on with smaller mods while i put some money away to throw at a house. Latest mods are the rear back seat mod, 32" light bar, ARB air compressor and the Monster Rides Wide Mouth Bonnet Scoop. Im still yet to fit the Depo headlights just need the time and tools to drop the bullbar to fit them.

And just recently my Mrs treated me for my 21st and got me some roof racks and an awning.

But as for now here is where the Truck is at minus the roof racks...

Cheers Guys hope you enjoyed the long read I've had 3 years worth of catching up to do haha. Looking forward to regularly posting
James_Austgen

Re: Jims Build up

Postby snakesoup on Sun, 24 Apr 2016 7:42 +0000

she's looking really nice mate, great work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 24 Apr 2016 10:15 +0000

Nice one man!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby James_Austgen on Sun, 24 Apr 2016 7:48 +0000

Cheers boys she's still a work in progress.

Next on the cards is to build myself some rock sliders and a custom roof basket. So be sure to check it out when i get around to it haha
James_Austgen

Postby Braydenthomas26 on Sun, 21 May 2017 4:29 +0000

Where did you get the bullbar from?
Braydenthomas26

Return to Member Build Ups