Mats 02 single cab lux.

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Mats 02 single cab lux.

Postby Mattyluxx44 on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 5:24 +0000

Hey guys first post on here. Great forum anytime I need info/ideas this is my first choice.
Just thought I'd show my ute as I am a proud Hilux owner like everyone else on here.
Its 02 kzn165r (factory turbo) 2nd owner with 165000 on the clock. Had it for about year and half had a few mods on it when I got it
Bullbar
Side rails and steps all hammer tone gunmetal.
Shellys engineering steel tray with toolboxes.
15" sunnys
Electronic brake controller
GME 40channel uhf.
Since then I've put some coin into it to get it how I want for now. My mods
Snorkel
JVC head unit with better speakers
New tyres 31x10.5 BF Goodrich AT.
Homemade pvc pipe water tank.
24' lightbar and 4' hid spottys
2' lift EFS springs, shackles and ubolts. Raw 4x4 nitro shocks, tough dog HD torsion bars wound up to suit.
4mm stainless steel front bashplate
3' turbo back exhaust.(any one with a ute like this get onto factory direct 4x4. Top quality and very good prices)
That's about all for now. With such low kms I want to keep the truck for a while so I want to get value out of it.
Future Mods.
Pyro and boost gauges
manual boost controller ( hope to run about 15psi? Any info on this pressure would be useful? Will it be safe to run? Have to work out how to bypass the over boost fuel cut from the ecu. Believe 14 it cuts out.
Performance chip and tune
Air to air Inter cooler. Don't know front or top mount yet ? Feedback much obliged.
Tjm or arb bullbar so I can have winch. If anybody's selling either of these bullbars for this shape please let me know.
Play tires -22 sunnys with either 31 or 32 muddies of some kind. Anyone running 32s? Do they fit? Do they drain gearing bad?
Arb airlocker. front or rear first?
Bucket seats and can fridge console. Dual cab, surf, 4Runner? Who's done bucket seats in a single cab. What fits? Already tried Honda prelude seats. Didn't come close.
Long range fuel tank.
Maybe powabeam through roof spotty for shootin.
Mattyluxx44

Re: Mats 02 single cab lux.

Postby john253a on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 7:31 +0000

Hard post to read

Welcome

2" lift and you can fwy drive 33's
3" and you'll play well with 33's or 285/75r16
I run 285's on -22 with stock 2.8 (3l) and 4.3:1 rear, power, well you won't lose your licence

Stick with 7psi and keep under 500 until you fmi then 12-14psi easy with tune
Bar work will come down to what you want, I like the xrox and there a good price

Seats Gemini fit easy, I'm running Vr/vs seats, but you'll need SHCS to bolt them down + cut the rear bracket (bolts go inside the runners where the spot welds held factory commodor brackets)

Winch have a look 4x4 super centre they have decent stuff and good prices, if you sign up to news letter, they'll message you twice a day, but you'll see the deals and find out when free postage is on, then unsubscribe once you got what u want
There is also a company on eBay selling aerotecina 4x4 seats and rails to suit
farting is alot like jxxxxxg off. both provide instant gratification, but neither is a long term solution to the actual problem......................
john253a

Return to Member Build Ups