Jacko's Spacecab

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Jacko's Spacecab

Postby Jacko9 on Wed, 09 Dec 2015 3:24 +0000

Hi all, thought I should finally get around to doing a bit of a buildup thread on my ute!

I brought the ute second hand with 50,000 on the clock for 27k from memory, pretty stock, other than the BF goodrich all terrain tyres, extremely tidy ute for the money, other than a crappy front bumper. I don't have any photos of it when I got it, because to be honest, it was plain.

In the last month I have started to get a little more serious in regards to getting the ute into shape.

I installed a stainless battery tray, for a future dual battery install, initially I wasn't very happy with the fit of the tray, but made it work well enough. The unit will be a Redarc BCDC1225, as I want to buy aussie made if I can. Initially it fouled on my baileys diesel bracket for my fuel manager 2 micron final filter, so a few cuts with a grinder and some filing sorted that out pretty quick smart.

I ordered some HID projectors for the headlights, which I will finish putting in soon hopefully, 50 watt with 3900 kelvin temp globes, look similar to a Halogen, with more power!

I also had a Denso Snorkel on order, but this has not been fitted, as I am actually in the process of putting a whole SR5 front end on the ute (call me picky) then I will fit the Denso snorkel back up!

ROH Trojan rims will be incoming soon, in a 16, same offset as SR5 rims as I can work out, which will be fine, will be getting Toyo Open country AT2 tyres fitted up when they arrive!

About a week ago, I ordered a long range fuel tank, 128L Long Ranger, it turned up a little damaged, and I wasn't happy, but I had to go on with the tank, as I needed it to finish my tray off, so hopefully that will be all good.

Finally! my tray, it is pretty well finished up now, waiting for powder coat, this is the only photo I have on my computer, I will upload more when i get my phone and sync it. Basically, a 3 inch mandrel bent headboard, with provisions for work lights and oversize folding signs, a full length sliding drawer on rollers, most probably a stainless water tank if I can be stuffed to make one too, I was going to put a headboard fuel tank or water tank in it from 409 stainless, but was a little concerned about it cracking over time, hence the long range fuel tank and I will just put the stainless tank under the tray out of sight, where it doesn't matter if I have to repair it! Still trying to decide on powder coat colours though...

Next on the agenda will be a lift kit, probably 40mm or 2 inch from Ultimate suspension, fitting all my UHF's, car kit etc, and then probably some work on the car sound!
Jacko9

Re: Jacko's Spacecab

Postby Jacko9 on Sat, 19 Dec 2015 2:22 +0000

Bit of an update! my tray is now powder coated and Ive fitted it back to the ute, I am absolutely wrapped with how its turned out.

The photos can do the talking, but its 1900 wide (can't remember how long, will measure later), has an 1800 long drawer on rollers in it, bushed & boxed in sides with heavy duty latches, 3 inch mandrel bent headboard, and a few light/oversize sign tabs, I need to build a water tank still, but its too hot during the day now for that out here!

Next on the list is to give the ute a good wash, route the fuel tank breather, put my projector headlights in, and paint my SR5 flares and panels and put them on! hope you've enjoyed looking.
Jacko9

Postby Jacko9 on Thu, 25 Feb 2016 7:39 +0000

Hey Fellas, bit of an update... Been a bit busy.

Sent the ute to get a genuine SR5 front end, with a few differences, mainly being having the SR blinkers on the SR5 front end, I was very happy with how that turned out, plus fitting a Denso Snorkel! After I got the ute back, I traded an old alloy tray for OME suspension that had about 30,000 km under it, 885 prado springs, and a leaf pack that was far too heavy! I pulled a few leafs from the pack and had it riding quite well by the end of the day. When this was done, I had some ROH trojans fitted up, using my old BF all terrain tires as they only have about 20,000 km on them, next set will be lightly larger 245/70r16's, probably Toyo Open Country AT2's. I fitted my BSF Bullbar and side rails, which didn't fit all that well to begin with, and whilst I had the front off, took the opportunity to install a Micks HID projector retrofit kit, 55 Watt HID projectors, running 3800 kelvin temp globes. I am happy with the direction the ute is taking, next i will attack the sound system and finish building a 2.75 inch exhaust, with a cat and muffler, and finally finish off my DBS, just need to grab an isolator, BCDC1225 most probably. A few pics, Enjoy!

Jacko9

Postby TOYZX on Thu, 25 Feb 2016 7:54 +0000

Nice one mate!
TOYZX

Postby Richard on Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:29 +0000

Looks good Jacko, nice difference between the first and last shot mate.

I see you still have your badges attached, heat gun and a chux cloth will fix that. :)

Richard
Richard

Postby Jacko9 on Fri, 26 Feb 2016 7:22 +0000

Thanks fellas, im happy with how it's turning out, cosmetically it won't change a whole lot now, but it'll still have a bit going on hidden to do yet. It really serves a fairly different purpose to what most of the hiluxs do on here, I doubt it would be a very good "4x4 ute" due to I think what are pretty poor departure angles, but it mostly carries tool boxes and works out west from anywhere around broken hill, across east to hay, and north to Goulburn, so protection was a big factor in this build!

Richard, I think I will do that, as it's slowly turning into a poor mans sr5, looking at throwing some sr5 handles on it too.
Jacko9

Postby snakesoup on Fri, 26 Feb 2016 7:33 +0000

hi mate! really like the way she is looking! that bullbar gives excellent protection by the looks.. what size are the current bfg's mate ?
snakesoup

Postby Jacko9 on Sat, 27 Feb 2016 8:24 +0000

Hi snake soup, sorry mate I've only just dragged myself from my den of sorrow and regret from last night, the tyres are 225/75r16. They are a little cheese cutterish, my next set will be 245/75 as they'll just look a little better.
Jacko9

Jacko's Spacecab

Postby Jacko9 on Fri, 22 Apr 2016 8:05 +0000

Been doing a bit of electrical work over the past few days, wired up my work lights, driving lights, blinkers, tidied up my HID loom...

Set of Britax X-RAY 200 series 90 watt HID driving lights, tucked in well behind the bar, won't have to worry about animals taking them out like half the bars getting around.

Fuse box and relays, nice and tidy off the back of the Baileys dual filter bracket, still have a few fuse positions left to use on stuff, probably UHF and car kit..

Used some N-Tech switches, worked pretty well, look tidy, missed a wire on the driving lights, so the illumination isn't hooked up, will fix that when I pull the panel work apart for my Dual Battery stuff, also put a little light on the dash which illuminates when my work lights are on...
Off.

On.

And the work lights themselves on, they are just for looking down the sides of the bank less channels at stops for irrigating. My toolbox has a light bar facing straight out sideways on the drivers side for looking out into the irrigation to see if it is watered, also not bad for shooting from if your stuck at a pinch with no spotlight.
Last edited by Jacko9 on Sat, 23 Apr 2016 1:22 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
Jacko9

Postby Jacko9 on Fri, 22 Apr 2016 8:06 +0000

I'm not sure on how to resize the pictures, so you will have to click on them, or maybe a mod could take care of it?
Jacko9

Postby oggy on Sat, 23 Apr 2016 5:47 +0000

If you have tapatalk on your phone you can upload them direct to the forum and they seem to come out fine ;)
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby Jacko9 on Sat, 23 Apr 2016 11:52 +0000

Thanks Oggy, just had a play on tapatalk and my email and worked out how to resize them appropriately!
Jacko9

Postby captainbuff on Sat, 30 Apr 2016 4:16 +0000

Been doing a bit of electrical work over the past few days, wired up my work lights, driving lights, blinkers, tidied up my HID loom...

Ya reckon...? Haha, that last photo of the ass end of your ute with the lights on is pretty mad...goddam that must chew the battery nicely...definitely would want a dual battery system just for lights :D

Love it...not really a 4WD guy but I'm always lurking and interested in what peeps do with cars...pretty much I just endeavour to destroy peoples alternators and/or batter(ies) through the use of ridiculous car audio set ups but nevertheless can respect 'nice work' done to a car with 'responsibility' rather than...well...'wank'?

Nice looking ute man. Lets blow some windows out :D
captainbuff

Postby Jacko9 on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 3:15 +0000

captainbuff wrote:Been doing a bit of electrical work over the past few days, wired up my work lights, driving lights, blinkers, tidied up my HID loom...

Ya reckon...? Haha, that last photo of the ass end of your ute with the lights on is pretty mad...goddam that must chew the battery nicely...definitely would want a dual battery system just for lights :D

Love it...not really a 4WD guy but I'm always lurking and interested in what peeps do with cars...pretty much I just endeavour to destroy peoples alternators and/or batter(ies) through the use of ridiculous car audio set ups but nevertheless can respect 'nice work' done to a car with 'responsibility' rather than...well...'wank'?

Nice looking ute man. Lets blow some windows out :D

Cheers mate, still in the process of acquiring a few bits and pieces for the old girl, but its looking like a 4 way amp to power the morel tempo speakers, 1 channel for each speaker, plus one for the driver, and then a mate will tune to suit the driver, plus a focal iBus 2.0 for a little bit of fill in the bottom end, and if need be, I have a decent set of JL speakers here for the back and a rockford fosgate PBR300x2 amp, so it should end up sounding alright!!!

I haven't really done much to my ute lately other than use it like it was meant to be used ;) Mostly been running all our cropping enterprise lately which has been an absolute disaster due to all the rain, but a challenge is good for a young fella like me.
Jacko9

Postby Jacko9 on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 3:20 +0000

A few photos from a crop check today, excuse the poor excuse of a crop in the background ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jacko9

Postby TOYZX on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 3:23 +0000

Nice one.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby nickp on Sun, 06 Nov 2016 6:19 +0000

Gday mate,

I am looking at a BSF bar for my hilux. How do you rate them compared to TJM and other main stream brands.

Thanks

Nick
nickp

Postby Scott_111 on Fri, 18 Nov 2016 12:51 +0000

nickp wrote:Gday mate,

I am looking at a BSF bar for my hilux. How do you rate them compared to TJM and other main stream brands.

Thanks

Nick

hi nick
how much are the BSF bars if u know, im in the market for a new bar myself
cheers Scott
Scott_111

Postby nickp on Sat, 19 Nov 2016 7:01 +0000

Scott_111 wrote:
nickp wrote:Gday mate,

Thanks

Nick

hi nick
how much are the BSF bars if u know, im in the market for a new bar myself
cheers Scott

Hi Scott,

2700 fitted from when I was talking them. They seem like a genuine bunch of blokes. I am choosing between the t13 tjm bar and a BSF bar.
nickp

Postby Jacko9 on Sun, 20 Nov 2016 11:15 +0000

Sorry fellas, I forgot to reply. They are great baes and good blokes, I like them more than the tjm and ARB products.
Jacko9

Next

Return to Member Build Ups