Arne's 2010 37" Arctic Truck - Arn's Lux Adventure -

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Arnes 2010 Lux - Now with RTT!

Postby Sam Gribley on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 7:47 +0000

Cool, that's a different way of doing it than anything I had thought of. Looks super strong.

What tent have you ordered? Looks like it will sit a little above your cab but I guess that's all part of your plan if you're adding a roof rack. Your set up will give you a shit load more storage than mine does haha. Still really unsure about what to do as far as organisation in the tub.
Sam Gribley

Arnes 2010 Lux - Now with RTT!

Postby Caleebra on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 8:54 +0000

Sam Gribley wrote:Cool, that's a different way of doing it than anything I had thought of. Looks super strong.

What tent have you ordered? Looks like it will sit a little above your cab but I guess that's all part of your plan if you're adding a roof rack. Your set up will give you a shit load more storage than mine does haha. Still really unsure about what to do as far as organisation in the tub.

The foots of the rack are made of 3mm sheetmetal, so it should hold [emoji3] The cross bars are from thule, squarebars in 135cm and 150cm(last cut down with 12cm).

The tent is a chinese import, a guy here in norway that orders a bulk of them, high quality and a good competitor to other known brands! Im very satisfied it, cant wait to test it out [emoji3]

Haha, yeah, the rack is about 30cm high off the top of the tub, a lot of room for storage as you say!
Whats left is to modify my tonnau cover to fit the bedrack [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Arne from Norway here, glad to chat with you -

Instagram: @arnlux_adv
Facebook: - Arn's Lux Adventure -
:D
Caleebra

Postby Caleebra on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 3:18 +0000

Did some minor work on the truck today.
Removed the sponsor lettering on the sides and washed her, still waiting for the roofrack to be delivered, crossing my fingers that it will arrive the coming week :)

Caleebra

Postby Sam Gribley on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:35 +0000

Being in Norway, do you plan to add any sort of insulation to the base of the tent?

I'm thinking of adding a layer under the mattress, I have already found that a bit of condensation builds up between the mattress and the base it's laying on, which leads to a slightly damp bottom side of the mattress which could eventually get mouldy and ruin the mattress. It also gets pretty bloody cold down here too so preventing a bit of heat loss would be nice.

Something like this, cut to cover the whole topside of the base: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Heat-Insula ... 0677.m4598
Sam Gribley

Arnes 2010 Lux - Now with RTT!

Postby Caleebra on Mon, 19 Mar 2018 2:14 +0000

Sam Gribley wrote:Being in Norway, do you plan to add any sort of insulation to the base of the tent?

I'm thinking of adding a layer under the mattress, I have already found that a bit of condensation builds up between the mattress and the base it's laying on, which leads to a slightly damp bottom side of the mattress which could eventually get mouldy and ruin the mattress. It also gets pretty bloody cold down here too so preventing a bit of heat loss would be nice.

Something like this, cut to cover the whole topside of the base: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Heat-Insula ... 0677.m4598

Yup,will be insulating the base, gets pretty cold here at night! A guy on our FB page recommended 10mm XPE foam, so im not sure what to go for yet, would maybe try going with a thin silver foil on the base and the XPE foam over that and then the mattress.
Ive read on TacomaWorld forum that you can get a anti condensation mat for Tepui and CV tents, ofc US market, could not find anything like that here in Europe...

Here is a link:
https://cascadiatents.com/shop/anti-condensation-mat/

It doesnt insulate the tent but prevents the condensation between the mattress and base.

Caleebra

Postby Caleebra on Mon, 26 Mar 2018 3:08 +0000

Aired out the tent and put in the bungiecords that helps when folding the tent, hopefully there will be time to use it in the easterholidays the coming week. Still havent gotten the roofrack as there were some problem with shipping documents, hope it doesnt take too long before it arrives...

Pics for the post :)

Caleebra

Postby Caleebra on Sat, 21 Apr 2018 12:41 +0000

Super start on the weekend!
After waiting two months on the new roof rack, it has finally arrived!

Will put it together on sunday as i am out of town for the weekend, will update you guys then!

Have a great weekend you all!

Caleebra

Postby Caleebra on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 1:08 +0000

Testfitted the new roofrack, think its gonna look good!
Ofc it started to rain! But got to rinse out the rain gutters and make ready to drill when it dries up, will start taking the roof interior apart/ losen it up so its ready.

Im a bit worried of the bolts and nuts are too smal for the mounts its self, any thougts?

Caleebra

Postby Caleebra on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 3:44 +0000

Installed the new roofrack yesterday!
Managed to borrow one of the storage facilities from work to get out of the rain.

No turning back now!

I changes out the m6 rivet nuts and bolts to m8 bolts and locking nuts, and added a rubber gasket to put between the roof and roofrack.

Picture from this morning, it turned out great and i’m pretty satisfied with the outcome :) Forgot to mention that i’ve changed to summertires now, looks better with the muddies on :)
Only missing now are the LEDbars and the offroadlights.

Caleebra

Postby TOYZX on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 6:12 +0000

Nice work man!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby Caleebra on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 8:32 +0000

TOYZX wrote:Nice work man!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks Luke!

Caleebra

Postby J-Lux2014 on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:39 +0000

Looks awesome Arne.

Does it make much noise when you're driving?
J-Lux2014

Postby Caleebra on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 8:55 +0000

J-Lux2014 wrote:Looks awesome Arne.

Does it make much noise when you're driving?

Thanks Justin!

As of right now it does unfortunately.. because of the holes for my ledbars in the wind fairing.
I might make a new wind fairing since it does not fit my ledbars as i like it, so making a new one i will stretch it down closer to the windscreen. Hope that reduces the noise more. Will update you as soon as i know more :)

Caleebra

Postby Caleebra on Mon, 14 May 2018 4:46 +0000

Not much has happened with the truck after i installed the roofrack. I had some start issues one morning this week so i pulled the trigger and changed out the 7,5 year old 75AH batteries with some new 80AH batteries. I also re-installed my relay harness which i had re-done which looks nicer now then it was before.

Im looking in to something that can track or monitor the health and usage of my batteries, anyone have something they can recommend?

Caleebra

Postby Blackstream on Mon, 14 May 2018 4:35 +0000

I use CTEK Battery sense, not a "health" monitor but tells you %-battery, voltage and temp. I also use a OBD2-reader that log/present whatever I want via bluetooth to phone.
Blackstream

Postby Caleebra on Fri, 18 May 2018 3:55 +0000

Blackstream wrote:I use CTEK Battery sense, not a "health" monitor but tells you %-battery, voltage and temp. I also use a OBD2-reader that log/present whatever I want via bluetooth to phone.

What OBD2 reader are you using?

Ive been looking on CTEK sense, looks like an OK product, how does it work with a dual battery setup?

Caleebra

Postby Blackstream on Fri, 18 May 2018 1:12 +0000

Caleebra wrote:
Blackstream wrote:I use CTEK Battery sense, not a "health" monitor but tells you %-battery, voltage and temp. I also use a OBD2-reader that log/present whatever I want via bluetooth to phone.

Ive been looking on CTEK sense, looks like an OK product, how does it work with a dual battery setup?

The OBD2-reader is a ELM 327 and I'm using the android Torque app.

Battery sense works fine. I Only have one on the aux battery. I don't see it neccessary to see the starter battery-%. Dual setup don't affect it I guess.
Blackstream

Postby Caleebra on Wed, 23 May 2018 5:18 +0000

Blackstream wrote:
Caleebra wrote:

The OBD2-reader is a ELM 327 and I'm using the android Torque app.

Battery sense works fine. I Only have one on the aux battery. I don't see it neccessary to see the starter battery-%. Dual setup don't affect it I guess.

I was able to get hold of a ELM 327 Bluetooth off ebay, but sadly it didn't work with my iPhone, wasn't able to connect to it...
Thanks for the info on the CTEK sense, will have to read more about it before i buy it.
Thanks again mate!

Caleebra

Postby Blackstream on Fri, 25 May 2018 2:26 +0000

I was able to get hold of a ELM 327 Bluetooth off ebay, but sadly it didn't work with my iPhone...

Yes, there is an Android and a Iphone modell of the ELM 327, learning the hard way is also learning... :D
Blackstream

Postby Caleebra on Fri, 25 May 2018 10:01 +0000

Blackstream wrote:
I was able to get hold of a ELM 327 Bluetooth off ebay, but sadly it didn't work with my iPhone...

Yes, there is an Android and a Iphone modell of the ELM 327, learning the hard way is also learning... :D

Saw that now... :? - So true! :mrgreen:

Caleebra

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups