Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - Winch Control Box

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - RTT on + 3 levels of storage

Postby white_hilux on Thu, 14 May 2015 9:54 +0000

jaydo wrote:
white_hilux wrote:I like that idea of having the three difference levels, prevents things from getting crushed and looks like it's reasonably easy to get to :D

Yeah mate, the eskies slide out no worries and its really simple to get to from the sides. I'm just happy I can still open the fridge!

Congrats on the new ranger as well bud! Found myself watching one of your vids of your hilux in at glasshouse a couple of days ago!

Well opening the fridge to get to the beer is a must :twisted:

Thanks, the ranger is going well so far. I am going to make a similar rack to what I had on my hilux. I love the concept of having a rtt on the back of the tub. I watch my old videos from time to time and make me what to got into ARB or TJM and lay down lots of cash........ :? :?
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab
2" lift, 32" Bighorns, F & R Diff Locked, Rock sliders, TJM Bullbar and Winch

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
white_hilux

Postby jaydo on Thu, 14 May 2015 3:20 +0000

Yeah, I caved in this week and dropped a bit at ironman. Couldn't help it. Temptation got the best of me!
jaydo

Postby Ronan36 on Thu, 14 May 2015 6:22 +0000

Well I like the rant especially after I hit on ordereda bullbar today. I thought those days were behind him. So what's the go now still nothing?
Ronan36

Postby jaydo on Fri, 15 May 2015 7:16 +0000

Nah, popped in last tuesday again (because thats when he said it would be ready). He said come in again on thursday. So I popped in yesterday afternoon at 5. He said nah still not ready. Come back tuesday. So I'm going in again on tuesday next week. Its not that I care about how long it takes, its just give me a real date and make it happen.

So i'm going in again on Tuesday next week. He said that he will fit it and put my winch in, "give" me some extended shackles and the waterbottle re-locator, but I can tell you right now, he might give it all to me, but there is no way he will end up fitting the bar. I'll be doing that for sure because I'll bet that he'll say "he's too busy."

I've already told him i'm not paying full price for the bar because of the amount of stuffing around he's caused. Its a good thing i'm a 2 min drive from his work shop and can hassle him. I feel sorry for the guys who order it and then wait on freight to get it delivered.

Certainly wouldn't recommend him to anyone.
jaydo

Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - Dual Battery in

Postby jaydo on Fri, 15 May 2015 2:00 +0000

Spot the difference! After spending a lot of time and money installing all the exterior bar work and 4x4 gear, I thought it was time to let someone else do the dirty work. Dropped the car down at Ironman 4x4 this morning to let them install a dual battery kit, monitors and switches for me. Couldn't be any happier with the service and time that it took.

Before:

After:

jaydo

Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - Is your girlfriend this good? Plates

Postby jaydo on Mon, 25 May 2015 3:40 +0000

Last weekend I had my 21st Birthday. I don't care who out there says what, but I reckon I have gotta have the best girlfriend ever. She contacted all of my friends that I invited to the party (I was completely unaware) and they all chipped in for my present. When the speeches started they gave me a box full of scrunched up newspaper. I thought for sure knowing my friends that they had put a snake or something like that in the bottom of it. Anyway, I dug my hand into the bottom and pulled out two personalized number plates. I'm not normally one left speechless, but I had nothing. I was stunned. Some of my longest friends/family/coaches said they had never seen me lost for words in the whole time that they had known me.
I honestly new nothing about the plates or anything - hence why I have the best girlfriend ever!

On another note, Bud called me up and said that my bullbar was finally ready to go. Because of the wait that I had been waiting for the bar, he offered me a pretty hefty discount, fitted my bar, fitted the winch and put in the water bottle re-locator for me. In the end, the wait was definitely worth it. The bar looks epic on the car and pretty happy with what bud negotiated to do in regards to payment and fitting.

I haven't taken a picture of the bar on the car yet, but will hopefully get something up in the next couple of days.
jaydo

Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - Bullbar, Winch and Personalised plates

Postby jaydo on Thu, 28 May 2015 8:59 +0000

Alrighty, the long awaited front end of my car. Bullbar and winch on as well as the personalised plates my girlfriend surprised me with for my 21st.... Along with all my other friends. Good team effort guys. Loved the prezzie!

jaydo

Re: Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - Bullbar, Winch and Personalised pl

Postby fracturedranga on Thu, 28 May 2015 9:13 +0000

looking good jaydo, now you just need some spotties to fill in that bar :D
fracturedranga

Postby jaydo on Fri, 29 May 2015 9:26 +0000

Cheers mate. Trying to decide what to get. I have the money, now just to make the decision haha.
Anyone got recommendations? Spotties V lightbar. Whatever I put in the bullbar I'll put the opposite in the roof
jaydo

Postby fracturedranga on Fri, 29 May 2015 4:19 +0000

jaydo wrote:Cheers mate. Trying to decide what to get. I have the money, now just to make the decision haha.
Anyone got recommendations? Spotties V lightbar. Whatever I put in the bullbar I'll put the opposite in the roof

ive got lightforce LED215s on mine, i was going to get a lightbar as well but the spotties pump up more than enough light on there own
fracturedranga

Postby jaydo on Mon, 01 Jun 2015 7:16 +0000

Yeah right I see, will have a look into it then :)

Might end up buying a rear bar first. Went out over the weekend, got a little bit of damage on the tub - nothing major but want to put something on the back just to play it safe.
jaydo

Re: Jaydo's Dual Cab - Bullbar, Winch - first time offroad

Postby jaydo on Tue, 02 Jun 2015 7:58 +0000

First time I got the bullbar in a few photos on the front of the car while we were driving. No major action shots, but another good weekend up at glasshouse. Will hopefully have a GoPro video together soon.

--edit--
Heres the GoPro stuff.
jaydo

Postby Steveyb on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 5:14 +0000

Good to see you're making use of the tub rack that I didn't use. Missus seen it the other night on old Cleveland rd, she said I seen a tub rack just like yours on a white lux........ pity she isn't as observant with anything else......

Ute is coming along very nicely mate, good to see you got a few items finally sorted!

Steve
NLC
Steveyb

Postby mylux04 on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 5:52 +0000

Looking good Jaydo some good videos in there to
Cheers Tony
mylux04

Postby jaydo on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 7:45 +0000

Yeah cheers Stevey. It's come in handy so many times already! Spare wheels, eskies, big bags - it's so easy to just throw the big stuff up there!
Shopping around to try and get a tonneau cover custom made just to dust proof the stuff I put in the tub for when we go up to the cape later this year. Only thing that's stopping it all from going ahead is the size of my fridge. Will have to get the tonneau made for that too haha.

Cheers Mylux - will hopefully get some better shots when I get my second camera! Can never have enough toys haha
jaydo

Postby rds_929 on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 5:33 +0000

truck is looking awsome man its come along way you must be stoked. just wondering how much the front has sagged with the bar on ?? looked nice and level beforehand im just trying to sort out what lift to put on mine was think make 3"front and 2" rear cause i hate that nose down look but yours looked pretty level before the bar went on
rds_929

Postby jaydo on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 7:08 +0000

rds_929 wrote:truck is looking awsome man its come along way you must be stoked. just wondering how much the front has sagged with the bar on ?? looked nice and level beforehand im just trying to sort out what lift to put on mine was think make 3"front and 2" rear cause i hate that nose down look but yours looked pretty level before the bar went on

Hey mate, I haven't actually taken any pictures since I've adjusted it, however, I have monster rides Rekon lift. All I have to do is wind those front struts up and off she goes. I originally had the front sitting at 2.5. Since the bullbar and winch it's dropped down to 2". Will wind the front up again when I get a chance. I do t really want to go passed 2.5 because the CV's start looking a bit scarey. I'm not a big fan of the nose down look either, but even with the front sitting a 2.5 still sits down a very small amount but it's almost not noticeable. It's because I went to heavy duty in the rear springs. I got 280kg constant load and probably only should've gone 150kg because with the 280kgs in, it sits higher than 2" - it's almost about a 3" in the back. Will know for next time though.
jaydo

Postby rds_929 on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 7:23 +0000

legend thanks heaps man so you reckon 2.5 front and 2 rear would be fairly level ?? or maybe go 2 front and 1rear ??
rds_929

Postby jaydo on Tue, 23 Jun 2015 7:52 +0000

rds_929 wrote:legend thanks heaps man so you reckon 2.5 front and 2 rear would be fairly level ?? or maybe go 2 front and 1rear ??

Yeah mate, I reckon so. I'll see if I have any other photos that I can put up that I had pre-bullbar at 2.5" or if you go back through this thread i'm sure you'll find one or two. 2.5" will take it back to what it was before the bullbar went on - so it will still be the same measurement, giving me the same front end measurement height pre-bullbar as post-bullbar.

I hope that make sense - I had to re-read it twice and I still don't think it makes sense haha.

When I wind it up i'll take some measurements and let you know. Gotta wait until I have some money though. I will get the front camber adjusted and probably get a wheel balance and rotation while i'm at it haha.

Will be away at cruiser park this weekend, so hopefully by mid July I'll get around to doing it pending my next few pay packages haha.
jaydo

Re: Jaydo's SR Dual Cab - Korr Lightbar

Postby jaydo on Tue, 23 Jun 2015 8:10 +0000

Had a pretty busy weekend last weekend. My old man bought a wrecked 90 series prado written off that came with a brand new bullbar, scrub bars and side steps - hadn't even been taken out of the packaging! Guy just wanted the car gone. It also came with Angel lights and 2" suspension. We have already put all the bar work onto my dads car, also bought and fitted a winch to it. Got a roof rack and will hopefully fit it sometime through the week. His car is starting to come together nicely - will be good for when we go up to the cape!

Anyway, enough about Prados - managed to squeeze some time in to install my new 25" dual row light bar I got from Hardkorr lighting. 10.2k lumens/1 lux. Apparently that means something to people, however to me I just want light and man this thing delivers!

Was super easy to hook up, running the wires through the firewall was the longest part. The harness comes with another cable so there is no need to go hunting and tapping into the high beam on the car. The lights actually just piggy back off the high beam. All you do is unplug your head lights and plug in the small connector which feeds back into the relay. Was so easy I would do it again and again and again. Took it to the darkest road I can find and lit it up. It was great. Will burn any kangaroos before they make it to the road. Will take some proper pictures when we go out to cruiser park this weekend.

Enough talking, here are some piccays.

jaydo

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups