my 07 sr hilux

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: my 07 sr hilux

Postby gold member on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 6:52 +0000

I see your down my way Matt white, get out and hit the tracks much?
gold member

Postby ONBAGZ on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 9:38 +0000

Fantastic work Gm, quick question on you're inverter is that the same one that was under the seat?
ONBAGZ

Postby gold member on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:10 +0000

ONBAGZ wrote:Fantastic work Gm, quick question on you're inverter is that the same one that was under the seat?

Yeah the same one i had under my seat, now runs through a switch on my dash and is fused powered from my aux battery, the usb is hookedup to a 4 way outlet in my centre console
gold member

Postby mattwhite on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:17 +0000

gold member wrote:I see your down my way Matt white, get out and hit the tracks much?

Yeah, Harvey to Brunswick is pretty common. White Hills is great in summer.
mattwhite

Postby gold member on Tue, 29 Jul 2014 10:35 +0000

gold member

Postby gold member on Thu, 04 Dec 2014 5:12 +0000

So with the new center console coming it is time to move my usb points and find a spot for fridge switch somewhere??? Image

Panel is pretty well filled

Might be time to say goodbye to that little red light.

Also a few months back I finished my amp installation, second time lucky as after running the first RCA leads I discovered the were faulty! So frustrated with it I let I lt be for a few weeks until I returned home from work and fitted new leads purchased online

Is neater than this with all wiring run through conduit and protected.
gold member

Postby gold member on Thu, 04 Dec 2014 5:17 +0000

Found some pics of the snorkel install also Image

And another oldie when I still had a bumber ewww

Has certainly changed over the years

gold member

Postby gold member on Sun, 14 Dec 2014 1:24 +0000

Ok so after a 4 week wait my fridge conversion for the console arrived on Friday from NSV , today I managed to fit it, was an easy install with video instructions on youtube and took about 30 mins, the wiring was all plug and play and I recieved 2 wiring harnesses and 2 switches, so later on I may look at changing the harness so a constant 12 v is available as it currently only runs when the ignition is on.

Will change to this switch too

I did find this also, my last house had a rat problem, about 18 months ago they got into my ute somehow and ate some of my floor mat and rear seat cover, seems like they also had a go at my wiring under my center console!

Its amazing how these buggers can get into such small areas!

Anyways back to the cooler, I have only run it up for about 15 mins and it seems to chill pretty quickly ( only a small area so you would hope it would chill down quickly ) hope to test it for a bit longer in the coming days.

Its amazing how much crap you have in your car that you dont actually use, I emptied my consol and glove box removing everything that I have not used recently.... ute is now clutter free!

Next I need to buy and mount a new 4 port usb some where (powered from my inverter) to as I broke the one I had mounted inside my console.
gold member

Postby gold member on Wed, 17 Dec 2014 5:18 +0000

New fridge switch done now just that one odd switch to deal with
gold member

Postby gold member on Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:40 +0000

Did the MAF sensor clean today, wish I had of done it some time ago!, hopefully I will get better fuel economy now. Dont think it's ever been cleaned before, its a wonder toyota dont do it occasionally as a part of their servicing schedule..... or do they? This car has been serviced by toyota its whole life.
gold member

Postby alexisdmtr on Sat, 20 Dec 2014 2:03 +0000

In my part of the world I was told they dont do it
alexisdmtr

Postby gold member on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 3:53 +0000

Ok so has been a while since I updated my build. Time to change out the muddies, with all terrains , went with nitto terra grapplers, sold the muddies that day. Decided all terrains suit my needs better and the muddies were becoming a pain on road, I do more touring than just " mudbogging". Love that quietness now and traction

Ok so major changes coming in the coming weeks, canopy has sold and I have started my custom canopy build to suit a rooftop tent. Started with scoring a free hilux rollcage which I chopped and extended to the required size. shame I have to do this on the new verandah but thenew house doesn't have a shed..... yet

Going for something like this set up below but with lockable mesh doors ( for security reasons) and gas struts.
ImageImage

So once the canopy has been removed after this swing at work I can finish the framework mounts, make the doors and mount it all up. Then off to the motor trimmers for the canvas work. Have them stainless T bar 3 point locking system latches and rods, gas struts all at home waiting to be fitted.

Also finnaly got around to installing the insulation in my doors yesterday, got self adhesive insulation from Jay car, keep a bit more speaker niose in. Now that catch can is still waiting fitment too!

Then I need to address the issue of fuel and water capacity, long range tank? Or add an auxiliary tank for fuel? Think for simplicity of just going the long range tank, if I was to go auxiliary I would want to have a gauge and solenoid valve set up but I have seriously run out of room for switches.
gold member

Postby gold member on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 3:56 +0000

Not sure how I managed to post a pic upside but there it is, ohand a double up to go with it, dont normally use my tablet for posting, this is probably why!
gold member

Postby fracturedranga on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 5:18 +0000

nice build mate, wiring is smick, kinda want to pull my dash back apart now and do it properly rather than the spaghetti mess ive got going on.
Id say long range tank is the go for ease of use, ive got a longranger and it took a massive beating on the tele track (i used it as a slider more than once) and apart from a dent on the leading edge i had no dramas. it still doesnt leak but insurance is replacing it for me :D
fracturedranga

Postby oggy on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 5:28 +0000

gold member wrote:Image

Ok so has been a while since I updated my build. Time to change out the muddies, with all terrains , went with nitto terra grapplers, sold the muddies that day. Decided all terrains suit my needs better and the muddies were becoming a pain on road, I do more touring than just " mudbogging". .

Holy shit those terra grappers are awesome :shock: :shock: Who knew they could hold your ute upside down :lol: :lol: :lol: Do they do a bourbon fridge switch as well ;)
Occupational health and safety officers..Stop messin with Darwin's theory of natural selection... Stupid hippies.

Oggy's build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=19033
oggy

Postby gold member on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 5:47 +0000

fracturedranga wrote:nice build mate, wiring is smick, kinda want to pull my dash back apart now and do it properly rather than the spaghetti mess ive got going on.
Id say long range tank is the go for ease of use, ive got a longranger and it took a massive beating on the tele track (i used it as a slider more than once) and apart from a dent on the leading edge i had no dramas. it still doesnt leak but insurance is replacing it for me :D

Thanks mate, yeah its hard to keep all the wiring neat as I am forever adding to it, a mate of mine is an auto sparky and nearly 2 years back made up a wiring loom for all my then accessories, I was like this is all my accessories so wire it all up! Ha haa yeah right I have chopped added and changed heaps since then but glad I got all the original harness made up luckily he installed a fuse box with spare spots in it "incase you want to add something" yup used them spare spots and more. I just went through my engine bay and covered all my added wiring with conduit, looks heaps neater.
Yeah I am leaning towards a long range tank, means I dont have to have a tank taking up more space in my tray too.
gold member

Postby gold member on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 5:49 +0000

oggy wrote:
gold member wrote:Image

Ok so has been a while since I updated my build. Time to change out the muddies, with all terrains , went with nitto terra grapplers, sold the muddies that day. Decided all terrains suit my needs better and the muddies were becoming a pain on road, I do more touring than just " mudbogging". .

Holy shit those terra grappers are awesome :shock: :shock: Who knew they could hold your ute upside down [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] Do they do a bourbon fridge switch as well ;)

Yeah oggy as you can see they grip heaps better than my muddies [emoji12] . Im sure you can get bourbon fridge switch covers, there was a guy ebay who did custom ones, if I remember the name I will post it
gold member

Postby gold member on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 5:55 +0000

Found this the other day also, thats the hose from the turbo to the intercooler , only days after it was serviced by the " vendor" . It seems it may have been damaged a bit from the clamp and then with age has let go, replaced it with a genuine one as toyota was close to home it was easier than trying to locate a hose shop but at around $40 makes it an expensive bit of hose but definitely something to look out for!
gold member

Postby gold member on Fri, 04 Sep 2015 5:58 +0000

Hose had cracked on the motor side so was very hard to see
gold member

Postby gold member on Thu, 17 Sep 2015 7:47 +0000

So finally able to start the rooftop tent set up.
The canopy was very well stuck down, whoever originally installed it done a great job with the sikaflex

Thought I would get a few pics with the rollbar on while I had a chance
gold member

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups