Fedorgnp's Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Fedorgnp's Build

Postby Fedorgnp on Sat, 27 Sep 2014 11:34 +0000

hartster wrote:Which chip are you thinking of? Exhaust?

Not sure yet. Still doing my research on whats the best to put in.
Fedorgnp

Postby jaybags on Sun, 28 Sep 2014 7:59 +0000

Builds looking good mate.

I can help with the research, spent months before I made my purchase.
For a straight out of the box 'chip', you can't beat Steinbauer - it's the most reliable as far as chips go, and wont have your lux go in limp mode when you need it most.

Though your best option is going a piggy back computer like the HKS F-Con iD or the UniChip Q+.
They wire directly into your ECU and needs to be tuned on a dyno specifically for your engine. They control everything from boost, injector timing, air fuel ratio, throttle response, etc rather than just a set assumed rail pressure from a chip. They're hell of a lot safer for your engine, and you'll get so much more out of it. Have a look into 'em.

Though - if you get a piggyback ECU, you'll need a new clutch, there'll be way too much torque for your clutch to handle and will start slipping all up to 5th gear.
Cheers,
Jay

My (super slow) build - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20120
jaybags

Postby Fedorgnp on Tue, 30 Sep 2014 8:05 +0000

jaybags wrote:Builds looking good mate.

I can help with the research, spent months before I made my purchase.
For a straight out of the box 'chip', you can't beat Steinbauer - it's the most reliable as far as chips go, and wont have your lux go in limp mode when you need it most.

Though your best option is going a piggy back computer like the HKS F-Con iD or the UniChip Q+.
They wire directly into your ECU and needs to be tuned on a dyno specifically for your engine. They control everything from boost, injector timing, air fuel ratio, throttle response, etc rather than just a set assumed rail pressure from a chip. They're hell of a lot safer for your engine, and you'll get so much more out of it. Have a look into 'em.

Though - if you get a piggyback ECU, you'll need a new clutch, there'll be way too much torque for your clutch to handle and will start slipping all up to 5th gear.

Great advice. Thanks for that
Fedorgnp

Postby Fedorgnp on Wed, 03 Aug 2016 9:46 +0000

Just did the rear bar, and instaled a red arc tow pro. Running out of mods now.
Fedorgnp

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups