Shaggys Build - Spare wheel carrier

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby MLTZER on Sun, 15 Dec 2013 2:35 +0000

nice, love the voltmeter setup. I may have to steal that idea.
User avatar
MLTZER
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 4:05 +0000
Location: Melbourne


 

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Sat, 21 Dec 2013 9:50 +0000

MLTZER wrote:nice, love the voltmeter setup. I may have to steal that idea.

Cheers I was using a spring return switch (cause that's all Jaycar had at the time) ended up changing it the other day so I can leave it on to monitor it.

Just a small update I ended up putting the Hi-Lift and Shovel mount where discussed earlier works good blocks a bit of my rear view but I can still tell whats behind me.
Finally got around to painting recovery hooks.
Also got Monster Rides Stage 2 kit while on special now just need to wait till January to get my rear leaves and extended brake lines to install it all 8-)
Image
Image
Image
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby blkrota on Sat, 21 Dec 2013 6:06 +0000

Very tidy mate, the only thing that is stopping it from being flawless is the crushed side step , no big deal, but im guessing you will change them soon hey?.

Realy like the tray and tool box setup. so clean.
User avatar
blkrota
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 5:32 +0000

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Sat, 21 Dec 2013 7:28 +0000

blkrota wrote:Very tidy mate, the only thing that is stopping it from being flawless is the crushed side step , no big deal, but im guessing you will change them soon hey?.

Realy like the tray and tool box setup. so clean.


Yeah after I get lift sorted I'll be getting Buds Sliders, I didn't mind the dent to much as its a good excuse for to get sliders :lol: .
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby blkrota on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 5:51 +0000

You going the open sliders or with the plate section?.

Iv seen some of the damaged factory steps can do to the ute as they are like butter, hence me taking them off untill we finish mine or make up my mind to go with Buds. Its a gamble without'em, the extra clearance has got me through some sections. Oh and it looks better without them.
The luck will run out soon though
User avatar
blkrota
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 5:32 +0000

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:34 +0000

blkrota wrote:You going the open sliders or with the plate section?.

Iv seen some of the damaged factory steps can do to the ute as they are like butter, hence me taking them off untill we finish mine or make up my mind to go with Buds. Its a gamble without'em, the extra clearance has got me through some sections. Oh and it looks better without them.
The luck will run out soon though


I like the look of the ones with the black checker plate I was thinking of doing my own as well but without a notcher I think it will be a long boring job plus trying to get the mounts all correct I decided its just easier to get the Buds ones :D
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby qldminer on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:42 +0000

Where did you buy the rubber mat in the back from.?, how much did it cost.
qldminer
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 4:05 +0000
Location: Middlemount, QLD

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:50 +0000

qldminer wrote:Where did you buy the rubber mat in the back from.?, how much did it cost.


Got mine from Fitch The Rubber Man but Clark Rubber do it to mine is 2 meters and cost me $180 from memory.
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby qldminer on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:52 +0000

Cheers, hard wearing is it?

Ute looks tops too btw
qldminer
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 4:05 +0000
Location: Middlemount, QLD

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:55 +0000

Yeah that's what it's design for, the mat to :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:55 +0000

Damn tablets making me double post :evil:
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby jaybags on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 6:34 +0000

Ute's looking really nice man.

Oh, and Merry Xmas :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Jay


My (super slow) build - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=20120
User avatar
jaybags
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu, 23 May 2013 11:17 +0000
Location: Melbourne

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby blkrota on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 7:17 +0000

GazaShaggy wrote:
blkrota wrote:You going the open sliders or with the plate section?.

Iv seen some of the damaged factory steps can do to the ute as they are like butter, hence me taking them off untill we finish mine or make up my mind to go with Buds. Its a gamble without'em, the extra clearance has got me through some sections. Oh and it looks better without them.
The luck will run out soon though


I like the look of the ones with the black checker plate I was thinking of doing my own as well but without a notcher I think it will be a long boring job plus trying to get the mounts all correct I decided its just easier to get the Buds ones :D


Cool, same here, tho i was leaning towards the flat plate slidders and put some marine tape for some grip.
It is heaps cheaper to build your own,,, but,,,
Yea , we have a notcher and its still a decent job getting all the angles rite. We have only done the sliders and two brakets. Its all just primered up so it doesnt rust. Sad to see it all just sitting there.
User avatar
blkrota
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 5:32 +0000

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Wed, 25 Dec 2013 7:26 +0000

blkrota wrote:
GazaShaggy wrote:
blkrota wrote:You going the open sliders or with the plate section?.

Iv seen some of the damaged factory steps can do to the ute as they are like butter, hence me taking them off untill we finish mine or make up my mind to go with Buds. Its a gamble without'em, the extra clearance has got me through some sections. Oh and it looks better without them.
The luck will run out soon though


I like the look of the ones with the black checker plate I was thinking of doing my own as well but without a notcher I think it will be a long boring job plus trying to get the mounts all correct I decided its just easier to get the Buds ones :D


Cool, same here, tho i was leaning towards the flat plate slidders and put some marine tape for some grip.
It is heaps cheaper to build your own,,, but,,,
Yea , we have a notcher and its still a decent job getting all the angles rite. We have only done the sliders and two brakets. Its all just primered up so it doesnt rust. Sad to see it all just sitting there.


Well if you want you can send it all to me to stop you feeling so sad :mrgreen: I'm only thinking of your best intrest.
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby blkrota on Thu, 26 Dec 2013 6:25 +0000

:lol: , but you would miss out on all the fun that comes with building em
User avatar
blkrota
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 5:32 +0000

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby Easty270 on Thu, 02 Jan 2014 7:56 +0000

Hey man did you end up taking your lightbar off?
I have one on the bar aswell and nowhere else to
Put it without a fair bit of cutting and welding..

Trucks looks good to bet that big tray is handy.
2011 SR DC 3.5" lift on 33's with the usual stuff
Easty270
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 9:18 +0000
Location: Gingin WA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Thu, 02 Jan 2014 8:06 +0000

Easty270 wrote:Hey man did you end up taking your lightbar off?
I have one on the bar aswell and nowhere else to
Put it without a fair bit of cutting and welding..

Trucks looks good to bet that big tray is handy.


I took it to Toyota for the 20,000Km service and asked them to check and was told it was all good but I'm currently waiting on the Techstream software to arrive so I can run some tests myself.
Yeah trays good fits two full sized bikes on with no troubles, only downside is it doesn't like car parks but I try to avoid them anyway.
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby sbeelitz_02 on Fri, 03 Jan 2014 8:29 +0000

How did you attach the lights under your bonnet? Have you had any trouble with them with the heat under the bonnet?
sbeelitz_02
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 19 May 2012 1:53 +0000

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby GazaShaggy on Fri, 03 Jan 2014 8:39 +0000

sbeelitz_02 wrote:How did you attach the lights under your bonnet? Have you had any trouble with them with the heat under the bonnet?

I stole the idea from Rocket55 http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11378&start=200 down the bottom of the page and the top of the next.
No worries with the heat but I did notice that some of the glue has unstuck so I wouldn't be doing it without the security of the zippy ties.
My Build Up http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18525
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it!
User avatar
GazaShaggy
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 3:31 +0000
Location: Greenwith, SA

Re: Shaggys Build - Custom Rockers and 30" LED lightbar

Postby Easty270 on Thu, 09 Jan 2014 2:27 +0000

Cheers mate let me know when you get some results..
Cant see it being a problem imo
2011 SR DC 3.5" lift on 33's with the usual stuff
Easty270
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 9:18 +0000
Location: Gingin WA

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest