Cuzo's Build - update - Custom Tray Build - 12 volt

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Cuzo's Build

Postby cuzo4x4 on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:28 +0000

Update on the 84 not blue sliped yet but getting close

Fibre Glassed the Floor Pan

2 pac apoxy water proffing finished it of I added a bit of sand inbetween coats to give it that anti slip look

Inserted seats out of an 88 Surf all but one bolt hole lined up so was an easy fit.

Door Trims From a 4 Door 2x4 86 Hilux

New Wirless and A UHF out of my 07 - These radios are grate no CD just radio but has AUX every were for iphone, SD card and USB

Gave it new look with a good jessus bar on the back for shooting

Finaly had the shitbox out of the drivway so I could get a photo with just them both 8-)
If I have anything Good to Say it will be Above.
My Shed: cuzo's Build
Pssst, if anyone asks, I was here between 10pm and 3am last night.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby packeteer on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:51 +0000

lookin shit hot mate
2011 Dual Cab SR5 D4D manual.
build thread
shed page
packeteer

Postby cuzo4x4 on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 12:03 +0000

Getting a face lift

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby ajh on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 2:30 +0000

f$@#&% yeah that's awesome, you have done heaps of stuff To it that I was going to do that I never did.

Door cards
Seats
Paint inside of cab with waterproofer

Do those seats sit lower than the ones that were in there? The ones in there sat a bit high for a tall bloke like me..

What else is on the plans?
Did you work out what was going on with the engine..

I had a similar problem to what you described to me the other day once with it and it turned out to be the carburettor.

Oh and one thing I'm not sure if I told you is whoever did the wiring for the battery used aftermarket speaker wire for the negative cable. So the red cable leading to the battery is negative and the black is positive.

Blue about 4 fuses and wrecked a brand new battery when I first got the car figuring that one out.

Alex.
ajh

Postby ajh on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 2:34 +0000

Oh and remember the rear diff is from a later model so it needs LSD oil.
ajh

Postby ajh on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 2:35 +0000

Would love to see a tube bull bar on it too.

Sorry about all the posts got me excited seeing my old truck looking so good!
ajh

Postby cuzo4x4 on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 5:46 +0000

The Seats are heaps lower - no more banging head when getting in :D
They also have a windy thing that you can pull the side supports in and adjustable head rest, wacky do hay, :lol:

Other plans:
Need front springs - should have them organised in a week, on the trip we had a quad bike that broke down so we loaded it on the back, what a diffrence that 250kg made to the ride was unbeilable so I may look at new shocks aswell maybe some comfort rides ?

Construct a better cage and bars for the rear for shooting. Possibly a front fold down windscreen, depends on how work is this year, I might just tough truck it but try and have it registured so have the best of both worlds.

Motor:
It was a couple of issues, and fuel on top of it all, my machanic came over and was a simple fix the points are burt out so he made an adjustment and its puring like a kitten again, but will need new points and condensor, the only issue is to find out why it burt 4 litres of oil in 1200km

Possibly the bottom pully seal as its leaking, also there is oil or burt oil showing out of the number 1 cylinder at the header
so I put some 50 / 70 oil in it wich is thick stuff and he said to drive it and monotor it, its a tuff truck the last 30k down bells line then windsor road had zero oil in it and it got me home. she was a bit rattly though.

The recon diff is ok - but it is geared diffrent to the front so no or very limited 4x4 for now - the recon must have came out of a diesel so I will have to get the front diff matched as its fightinging each other.

Deffinantly needs a new bar, tube bar be awsome as the one on there no mater how much I did to it it still rattles, I even replaced all the bolts.

I need new Front light serounds - If any one has a pair im interested in them, and the screws and inserts.

All I realy need to do for now is sought out a reverse light for the blue slip.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby ajh on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 6:02 +0000

Hmmm

Yeah the points need adjusting on it every now and then. The condenser should be fine I think I got that replaced less than a year ago.

I know what you mean about the bull bar, squeaking used to send me insane

That's odd about the diff the mechanic said they matched up... Payed arm and a leg for it too!

Keeps us updated on how it goes..
ajh

Postby cuzo4x4 on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 6:38 +0000

Going to try and work on the 07 this week end.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby ajh on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 3:57 +0000

About time for the bull bar lights and grill I reckon!
ajh

Postby ajh on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 4:06 +0000

b7355a0964904824067fd8839d3a1b9b

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewi ... 1228577086

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewi ... 2183132705

Maybe some tail lights to black out the rear?
ajh

Postby ajh on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 4:07 +0000

Max also has some for sale I tried to link it but it didn't work.
ajh

Postby cuzo4x4 on Fri, 22 Mar 2013 6:08 +0000

Been tacken some pics of the install, but wify has friends over 11 of them :o so playing beer wench at the moment will start on it again in the morning,

love those tail LIGHTS.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby cuzo4x4 on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 5:35 +0000

So it begins, Xrox Install
The instruction I had and the bolt list worked well, had left overers but I always do :D
There was couple of things not metionted in the instruction ill try and list them

The Grill was an easy remove.
These little black clips, especaily the one up under the guard were a bit tricky to get to.
Looking prety bare
The plastic light shrouds had to go.

Angel Eye Lights - a must the OEM look so bulky now, and I need the bash plates.

And yes the number plates on the piss used what holes were there for know :D , untill I can work out a winch.
Ill try and do a step be step and list the problems I had. with some more picks soon

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby ajh on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 6:15 +0000

looking good, i reckon it would look better with the light force in the wings of the xrox though.
ajh

Postby cuzo4x4 on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 7:05 +0000

yer I had them there but cant get the adjustment, because of the recovery point, I'll probably muck around with the configuration of them next week end when I wire them up proper,

I couldnt get the Monster kit to work with the Xrox, unless I start modifying brakets and all, basicly was just running out of time.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby 10 luxxxx on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 7:56 +0000

Looking good mate love your custom side steps.
You should paint your roof bars black I have the same ones just painted mat black looks heaps better.
10 luxxxx

Postby ajh on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 8:37 +0000

10 luxxxx wrote:Looking good mate love your custom side steps.

what custom side steps? scroll up.. oh... hahaha
Last edited by ajh on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:06 +0000, edited 2 times in total.
ajh

Postby cuzo4x4 on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:05 +0000

It takes alot of work to get them to match :)

Next thing on the list.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

Postby cuzo4x4 on Tue, 26 Mar 2013 7:43 +0000

XROX Steel Tube Bar
More of a detail list of the install combinned with some of the instruction so kindly given to me.

1. Remove the nudge bar
• Important retain the OEM bolts that are at the rear of the mounting bracket
• I placed them back in with a couple of turns so I new were they were.
2. Remove the grill – This will allow more access and visial to align the bar.
• Remove the two screws on the left and right of the grill
• I placed a screw driver beween the bumper and the bottom of grill to release the tabs.
• Use a blade screw driver to pop the insert plugs be carefull you will need them to go back in
• Remove the grill.
3. Remove the bumper from vehicle.
4. Remove the plastic clip that retains the OE plastic bumper between the light and wheel arch on both sides.
• These are tricky I removed most of the screws from the plastic inner guards to get to them
5. Remove both head lights then remove the black plastic brackets from the bottom of the light housing and discard the bracket.
• I didn’t disconnect the light, once I removered the screws there was enough room to get a stuby Phillips head in there and undo them.
6. Sit the Hilux mounts to the chassis. 2) M12x40x1.25 bolts, thick flat washers, s/washers, 2) M10x100 bolt, Camp Plate, Tube Spacer, flat washer, s/washer, Nuts. 2) M10x1.25 Nuts, flat washer, s/washer per side.
• I used the OEM bolt from the nudge bar to hold it in place while I worked on all the other bolts
• Insert the crush tubes in the chassis, I had to grind them a little to make them fit and the only way I could get them in was to insert them from the front hole of the chassis and twist them in to align them with the hole, a screw driver and rubber mallet helped, then insert the 100mm bolts
• Don’t tighten any thing up as it all has to be loose to be able to align the bar
7. Fit the assembled bar to the mounts and align the bar to the vehicle. 4) M12 bolts, flat washers, s/washers and nuts per side. Tighten all bolts.
• Insert the rest of the bolts these linned up realy well as there is a heap of play for aligning the bar
• I used a trolly jack and a stand to support the bar as close to the position as possible
• Nip up the bolts holding the bracket
• Then nip up the bolts holding the bar, keep an eye on the alignment.
8. Fit the rubber pinch weld to the front edge of the bash plate and fit the bash plate to the two inner studs on the front of the chassis, then fit the bottom of the plate two M8 bolts that secures the lower plate on the front end. (Note: The front edge of the bash plate fits on the inside edge of the xrox bar).
• This is still on my list of things to do when I get the bash plates I may have to get some any sugestion as to what works best with this bar would be good
9. Refit the grill
• I refitted an aftermarket TRD grill so the top lined up to all the OEM points though I had to drill out the lugs that would normaly click into the OEM bumber and just cable tied them to the OEM points on the lights and the centre bracket that holds the horn relay.
• I had to get some compression rubber from Clark Rubber to infill the gap between the bonnet and the new TRD grill, used double sided tape, not the white stuff but the industrial red stuf its actualy clear and is designed for exsternal use.
10. The plastic Inner gaurds need trimming.
• Not difficult I used a straight edge and followed the line of the Xrox and marked it with a crayon then nipped it of with a dremell type tool mines a cheap ozito but dose the job.
11. Spot Lights
• For know I have wired them to the fog lights that were removed including the led ones you can see down lower, but I change this so the led will work on the fog light switch and the spotties will have a dedicated rocker in the cab, I think I will pull the feed from the high beams so they will only work if the high beams are on and at least when oncoming traffic is coming I can drop the high beams of and the spotties will go off, that’s for another week end
12. I hit the under neath with a can of matt black just to tidy everthing up, even the wiper bottle cant believe how low that thing hangs down, I should have hit the underside of the driving lights aswell, as you can see the white plastic from the sides of the bar, Imposible now that the bar is on, I may try some black garden edging as an infill, will let you know how I go.
13. Fit the number plate with the existing screws.

Shawn
07 SR5 Dual Cab
cuzo4x4

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups