Mattys Extra Cab Build. SAX TSDS Fitted

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Mattys Extra Cab Build. SAX TSDS Fitted

Postby dan9245 on Mon, 01 Dec 2014 11:10 +0000

Hey mate nice build!

Just a question, how much roughly did the canopy set you back, as im thinking of doing this myself!

Cheers
Dan
dan9245

Postby Mattya on Sun, 30 Aug 2020 5:02 +0000

WOW nearly 10 years since i made my build thread. If anyone is interested ive done a few trips in the Hilux since then. Ive moved to FNQ and on the drive over from Perth i must have set a record for Perth to Cairns in 51hrs with a mate.
Anyways shes nearly 10 now and is getting a birthday including presents for all the things that need updating.
its still only got 80,000 ks so everything is still running like new. Altho on a cape york trip i was waist deep in water inside the cab on a water crossing, once i got home i completely stripped the cab to clean everything and went over every electrical connector with cleaner and grease. it was like brand new again.
New canvas is coming and a few other things, if people want to see it ill add photos and more discussion on how everything has been over 10 years. whats good and whats needed replacement.
Im Always On The Edge, It Only The Sharpness That Varys.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DeadlyBeast on Sun, 30 Aug 2020 5:54 +0000

Welcome back Matt
Would be great to see the new pics and updates.
Your build inspired me to build my own canopy 8-)
Interested to see what needs replacing after all this time
DeadlyBeast

Postby Mattya on Thu, 01 Oct 2020 4:39 +0000

give me a couple more days and ill post up some photos and do my best to explain everything. Ive had a bit of time to spend on it due to covid and its now better than it was before. the whole setup works a treat for the missus and i to get away for a night or 2 up north.

Thanks DeadlyBeast! its not a common type of canopy but ive seen some nice ones around. Ill check out your setup!
Im Always On The Edge, It Only The Sharpness That Varys.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups