Ben's white_hilux (sold) - My Bucks party camping trip pics

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - Just bought a new Ranger

Postby white_hilux on Mon, 06 Jul 2015 6:18 +0000

SC162 wrote:
jarrad_711 wrote:Congrats on your purchase, keen also to hear how the ranger goes. I was either ranger or hilux on my last purchase, went the Hilux. The gearbox I turned me off big time, is yours manual or auto?

Gearbox was what turned me away from it aswell after I first drove one, very short gears for what feels like a good powerfull motor. Felt like I was constantly changing gears and wasn't smooth to drive. I have driven them since then though and it just worked for me, loved the extra power over the lux and the gears felt good, still short but smoother, kinda made me think twice about the lux...they do seem to wear quicker though, stuff like the painted interior parts on the steering wheel rub off in no time, chrome internal door handles peel off and slice you, seat material wears through... Minor things though really. The ranger looks so damn good aswell

Thanks for the kind words.

Mine is a manual and yes the gearbox/clutch did take a bit to get used to. I've done just over 1000kms now and I'm loving it more and more. I have the XL model (Base model) because I didn't want carpet on the floors and I prefer the black trims compared to the silver/chrome on the higher models.
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab
2" lift, 32" Bighorns, F & R Diff Locked, Rock sliders, TJM Bullbar and Winch

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
white_hilux

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - Just bought a new Ranger

Postby white_hilux on Fri, 27 Nov 2015 6:05 +0000

Took the ranger on its first big 4wding trip to Moreton Island last week. I love the power that it has to plough through the softest of sand. It was a great trip, lots of swimming, snorkelling, fishing, sand boarding and heaps more. I would recommend a trip there to anyone. Favourite part would have to be fishing on the beach beside the campfire as the sun was setting over the ocean. However I learnt that I need heavier duty spring in the back to cope with the extra weight but I plan on getting a lift soon so that will solve the problem.

Day 1: Brisbane to the Island via the Micat barge, drive up the western beach all the way around to cape Moreton to check out the lighthouse and then down the eastern beach to find a campsite.
Day 2: Went to blue lagoon early in the morning for a swim, canoe and snorkel. The went back to cape Moreton for some fishing, swimming/body boarding and more snorkelling.
Day 3: Packed up camp and went across middle road trough to Tangalooma then down the western beach to find new campsite.
Day 4: Went sand boarding on the big sand dunes at the south of the island, went to Kooringal for lunch, then mirapool lagoon for a swim and then went to check out Rous Battery.
Day 5: packed up camp and headed to the Tangalooma wrecks for more snorkelling but the weather wasn't great so we went to Bulwer for lunch and went and waited for the barge trip home.

Here are a few pictures that I took.

Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab

white_hilux

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - New Rangers First Trip

Postby Richolux150 on Mon, 29 Feb 2016 8:22 +0000

Hey Ben
Hows the build on the Ranga coming along..... :) :) :)
Cheers Richo
If cat turds were Gold nuggets, I'd be the richest bloke on the block... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richolux150

Postby TOYZX on Tue, 01 Mar 2016 12:32 +0000

Careful it's doesn't catch fire on ya!
TOYZX

Postby white_hilux on Tue, 01 Mar 2016 7:02 +0000

Richolux150 wrote:Hey Ben
Hows the build on the Ranga coming along..... :) :) :)

Its kinda stopped at the moment as I'm saving money for a wedding in August but after then I will be back into it.

TOYZX wrote:Careful it's doesn't catch fire on ya!

It hasn't yet but I have always kept a fire extinguisher in my 4wds just in case
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab

white_hilux

Postby white_hilux on Tue, 07 Jun 2016 6:29 +0000

Hi guys, just thought I would give you a bit of an update on how the ranger build is going. Wedding that is coming up has been paid for so here is a new round of modifications. Powder coated sports bar, Domin8tor winch, rock armor sidesteps/sliders and ironman foam cell pro suspension lift. Here are a couple of picture.

Sorry if some of the pictures are cut off (just click on them to see the whole thing)

Powder Coated sports Bar

Winch

Suspension before

Suspension after

Suspension before

Suspension after

Suspension before

Suspension after

There are still a few more things to come in the next week so I will post up those updates soon
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab

white_hilux

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - Ranger's Second round of Mods

Postby snakesoup on Tue, 07 Jun 2016 2:18 +0000

looks great mate, only thing I don't like is you cv angle looks a bit steep! have you heard of many breaking them in the ranger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snakesoup

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - Ranger's Second round of Mods

Postby white_hilux on Wed, 08 Jun 2016 6:10 +0000

snakesoup wrote:looks great mate, only thing I don't like is you cv angle looks a bit steep! have you heard of many breaking them in the ranger?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have heard of a few breaking but I also expect the coil springs to compress a bit once the springs have been on for a while.
Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab

white_hilux

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - My Bucks party camping trip p

Postby white_hilux on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 9:29 +0000

Hi all,

Just thought I would post some pictures up from my Bucks camping trip to The Springs 4wd Park last weekend. Got up really early in Saturday morning and let pretty late yesterday afternoon so we got a lot of 4wding in which was awesome. I had only been to The Springs once before and that was in my front and rear locked Hilux and the new Ranger did all the same tracks. All had a really great time, big fire on the Saturday night which was needed as the weather was a bit cold. The Springs has a lot of great tracks with lots of different terrains and challenges. There were 12 of us in total with 6 4wds.

- I had my XL Ranger, which was it's first real attempt at serious 4wding. I was really impressed with how it went, especially the traction control.
- My father in law to be had his XL Ranger which is as stock as they come and surprised everyone which how well it went. Went almost everywhere we went.
- A mate brought his 1999 Hilux which went well as usual but suffers a bit with flexing.
- Another mate brought his JK wrangler which is pretty great at everything.
- My brother had his 1991 landcruiser which flexes well and sounds pretty awesome with his new stacks.
- The last car was another mate and his TJ wrangler which was clearly the most capable 4wd on this trip.

Here are a few of the photos (click to see full photo)

Ben
2006 SR Extra Cab

white_hilux

Re: Ben's white_hilux (sold) - My Bucks party camping trip p

Postby Richolux150 on Fri, 05 Aug 2016 5:31 +0000

Nice pics Ben.....
Cheers Richo
If cat turds were Gold nuggets, I'd be the richest bloke on the block... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richolux150

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups