Twento's DC Hilux Build

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Twento's DC Hilux Build

Postby Twento on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 3:49 +0000

scratcher wrote:My personal experience is that lockers are more flexible for getting out troubling situations as you are able to get around things and follow a non linear path... plus there's not always a tree to winch onto or soft sand to dig into. I didn't have to do mud for this situation mind you, I think for mud a winch can be handy... lockers can't overcome everything.... unless it's dry :lol:

I guess that's one handy way to look at it, when I get back home from
Bathurst and the bank account recovers I'll look
Into it a bit more
Twento

Postby Twento on Sat, 11 Oct 2014 3:52 +0000

kitdoctor wrote:Good on you for testing you Lux out. Did you suffer any panel damage when the rear glanced that bank (photo 2 above in the trail blazing series)? Cheers MONGO.

MONGO,

I didn't receive and panel damage in those pictures but when I got home I discovered a broken tail light and little panel damage on the right hand side rear tub panel, I'm thinking from the last winch recovery I slipped off a rock and the panel hit a small tree, nothing major. Easy fix and am going to try make some rear scrub bars to join the side steps and tear bar together and add some protection to the tub a bit more.

See how we go but all was worth it

Twento
Twento

Postby kitdoctor on Wed, 15 Oct 2014 6:18 +0000

Good reason to change to LED tail lights. Cheers MONGO.
kitdoctor

Postby fabz on Wed, 01 Jun 2016 9:00 +0000

Pete'90 wrote:Rig looks good Trent. 1 thing I have done is fuse the supply to my ctek and then from the ctek to the 2nd battery and then again from the battery to the back of the car.

I have mine placed in the exact same position

Just about to put in the same system and was searching to see wether I needed to add fuses or not. Any particular reason for the fuses in between or just to be safe?
fabz

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups