Harriet the Hilux - Clean

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Harriet the Hilux ( Rock Sliders DONE )

Postby Diegothecat on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 4:23 +0000

Nice rig mate, and carpeted floors in your garage - luxury!

Did you end up with the EFS kit or upgrade to the Konis? How you finding them 6 weeks down the track? Considering the EFS kit for my ute. What lift and springs did you go with?

Thanks
Dave

Yea man HMM Carpet with full underlay HAHAHA

Yea i went for the EFS Im still very happy with them, the cornering is far better that standard, and i want for the extra heavy duty springs for that extra lift. now that i have the sliders on i can get the rears re-set for that extra bit of lift, I just cant wait :D :D
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Diegothecat on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 4:25 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:nice sliders mate...they came out really well!

Thank Maxx, Thats just what i was thinkin, I had a bad feeling about the angle of the side pipe but it ended up lookin the goods :D :D :D :D :D
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Marshwa on Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:30 +0000

sliders look tops mate, very envious :mrgreen: . Slap on some 33's and u;ll have the works :D :D
Marshwa

Re: Harriet the Hilux / New wheels options

Postby Diegothecat on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 2:48 +0000

Thanks Marshwa but its in the pipe work

well iv been lookin for new rims for ages now but cant seem to find any that i like in the offset required...

So iv come down to a couple of options

The Allied Wheels – Hammer 16 x 8 +20 offset

And the ones im leaning towards, CSA Subb RV - Chrome in a 16 x 7 +20 offset

Im open to other options i just cant find much more with the correct offset.

Still tossing up Mickt Thompson ATZ 4 rib All Terain tyres or BFG KM2 Mud tyres.... 265x75x16 or 32" 15 inch tyres - ARH just dont know

Just cant decide i hope someone cane help
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 3:05 +0000

Option 2, Rim

BFG or the MT if comparing to ATZ... Although I do like the MTZ and after looking at the KM2 I'm not sure there much dif and would be price driven.

Just MO
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 3:16 +0000

rim 2 looks mint, then 265's are perfect all rounder. I've got Micky t's ATZ and there great, good trackion on and off road, and very little road noise. One thing i have noticed tho is they are now chipped to shit (about 3 mounths old), i'm not sure wheather its normal or i got a bad bunch, maybe i'm a bit more rough on them then the average user :? :? But for rock work be carefull only been in rutted rocky tracks once with them on and theres chipps all through the thread now.
Marshwa

Re: Harriet the Hilux / New wheels options???

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 3:21 +0000

One thing i have noticed tho is they are now chipped to shit (about 3 mounths old),

Used to get that with my BFG's.... I believe its caused from to high a preassure off road and to much right boot!...
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Marshwa on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 4:06 +0000

yeh well i realised after that i should have aired down a tad, pretty silly, was one hell of a way to wear them in
Marshwa

Postby Diegothecat on Thu, 24 Sep 2009 4:19 +0000

yea im glad iv got the on board air compressor just so i can lower the air pressure whenever the need arises, the more the better HEHEHEHE

Still undersided but thanks for the input
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Diegothecat on Wed, 28 Oct 2009 3:31 +0000

Ok well now that im ofically an un employed bum i thought that i was finish off some stuff that has been niggeling me, so i finished off my Tie Down System in the tray.

And as you can see i now have my long handle shovel installed along with my hi lift jack - which i still havent given back to 4x4 Action, it'll get there sooner or later..

and iv had these eye bolts installed for ages so i can tir my dirt bikes in the back

Im much happier with the eye bolts rather that the crap unit strut angle brackets i had previously, but the brackets where free and the eye bolts cost heaps but you get wot u pay for.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Re: Harriet the Hilux / Tie Down System Fully Installed

Postby biglux on Thu, 29 Oct 2009 10:22 +0000

diego, How did you manage to mount them in the tray??
biglux

Postby Diegothecat on Thu, 29 Oct 2009 11:25 +0000

biglux wrote:diego, How did you manage to mount them in the tray??

To attach the alloy uni strut I used 10mm bolts with mud guard washers and spring washers on the underside of the tray, also used nylex nuts just to be sure they never come loose.

I like using the mud guard washers as they are large enough not to damage the ute tray when force is allied to it.

Ben
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Diegothecat on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 5:42 +0000

Well Iv just ordered my wheels

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just hope they arrive b4 my trip to Moreton this weekend :oops:
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Re: Harriet the Hilux / Wheels Ordered hehehe

Postby daveo on Mon, 02 Nov 2009 8:49 +0000

which combo did you end up choosing? and what are you doing with your old SR5 alloys - im chasing a set if you are looking to sell!

nice work with the tiedown system too.
daveo

Postby Diegothecat on Tue, 03 Nov 2009 12:14 +0000

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I now been told that the Micky Thompsons ATZ 4 rib are not goin to be available till January.....

I was planing on gettin the CSA Subb's in chrome but ill have to wait till Januarry now. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Iv spent so much time lookin around for a set of tyres and now that im ready to purchasing them they are out of stock oh well,

which combo did you end up choosing? and what are you doing with your old SR5 alloys - im chasing a set if you are looking to sell!

Thanks Daveo but ill be hanging on to them for resale, sorry

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Drew on Thu, 05 Nov 2009 5:28 +0000

Nice looking truck mate good to see people doing things themselves. How hard was it to do up the nuts on the back of those tie down rails? could you get your arm up in there ? Top idear for the highlift i might copy you :P :P
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Postby Diegothecat on Thu, 05 Nov 2009 6:37 +0000

cheers

yea go for it, i was tryin to find a way to keep it out of the weather - actually fit it anywhere, and it wasnt that hard to get the nuts done up, just got the wife in the tray with the ratchet (just make sure that you drill your holes in the center of the uni strut other wise you cant get the ratchet on the bolts trust me its hard work then, using the spanner the whole time) and me on the other end with the spanner. I did have to remove the plastic inner on the mud guard tho, not too hard.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Drew on Sat, 07 Nov 2009 10:29 +0000

Hey mate could you post up some pics of how you mounted the hilift to the rail... How long have you had it there for ? any trouble with the weight like cracking ?
Im not stuck..... Im thinking
Drew

Re: Harriet the Hilux

Postby Diegothecat on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 6:16 +0000

hey drew ill take some pics tomorrow for you, but all i used is uni strut and unit strut nuts, and a simple eye bolt and bolted it in.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Re: Harriet the Hilux

Postby Diegothecat on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 6:29 +0000

Well i went to Moreton Island on the weekend and had an absolute blast, me the wife and the sister inlaw,

Found a very personal camp site we even had our own drive way it was fantastic.

we ended up finding our selves on out own private beach at Tailor Bite on saturday morning, where we just kicked backed and relaxed.

and the mrs havein a play with a learners kite boarding kite absolutely awesome fun, wish i had one as a kid

even let the sister in law drive for a bit, it just gave me an excuse to have a few drinks, just a shame that she left the hand brake on for about 4kms.... Oh well

We traveled over most of the island and the hilux never had a drama, untill i was fully loaded on sunday and decided to see what was at the desert, well there was a lot of very soft sand.

And to make matters worse the only car around to pull me out was a tour bus :oops: :oops:

But all was good, i finally got to use my arb recovery kit

and just some more pics kickin back waiting for the MiCat to arrive hmm Moreton

Speed Safely
Diegothecat

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups