Harriet the Hilux - Clean

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Harriet the Hilux - With Baby Seat.....

Postby Diegothecat on Thu, 12 Jan 2012 3:10 +0000

nah not at all, Im pretty sure they riveted all the main fixing in. definitely nothing has been completly drilled through.

Just as a work of warning if you do get it done. make sure that they remove the rear cushion completly. as they left mine in and now 1 year I have noticed all the burn marks from the hot metal fragments coming off the drill. Not very happy but what can u do.

I guess i should feel privileged that you use your first post to talk about my ute :lol: :lol:
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Re: Harriet the Hilux - Clean

Postby Diegothecat on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:59 +0000

Well I havent posted in here for a long time, car is pretty much the same, apart from some more scratches and Im very happy with ute. I did give her a clean it over he weekend and she has just clocked up 70k on the clock, not too bad for an 2007 model.

Im actually starting to look for her replacement atm, been looking at Prado Kakadu model or the Landcruser 200 VX model, just cant justify the Sarah. Tried to look at the nissan patrol today but didnt really like it. Absolutely sniffed at the Pajero and triton, not impressed at all.

Still might look at a dual cab hilux but i really dont like having a canopy and ill definitely need one for what i do.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Skog07 on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 3:22 +0000

Ben.
70000ks is awesome for a 2007model. Running 130000ks on mine...
Tough decisions you have there.
Skog07

Postby Diegothecat on Fri, 23 Mar 2012 5:39 +0000

130k meh barely run in lol.

Yea hoping that will be handy when i go to sell it, and if i chose to buy a different car good old harriet will be sold as is. lucky bugger, getting a car with work done.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Diegothecat on Sat, 24 Mar 2012 2:27 +0000

Well drove a Patrol today and was left wondering why there are so many on the roads. What a SLOW heap of junk. It was so lacking in power it wasnt funny. Also took a path finder for a spin and really liked it, a nice amount of power and had great room in the rear with hide away 3rd row seats.

I still the the toyota team is winning, ill just have to make up my mind between the Prado and the 200 series I think.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Jack S on Sat, 24 Mar 2012 3:29 +0000

Why not a fj man? For doesn't suit what you want a new vehicle for...
Jack S

Postby Diegothecat on Sun, 25 Mar 2012 5:52 +0000

Yeas doesnt suit, I have a 2 year old and one on the way, + i need to get my tools around to site and the FJ doesnt have the space.
Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Postby Bullzye on Sun, 25 Mar 2012 5:58 +0000

Diegothecat wrote:Well drove a Patrol today and was left wondering why there are so many on the roads. What a SLOW heap of junk. It was so lacking in power it wasnt funny. I still the the toyota team is winning, ill just have to make up my mind between the Prado and the 200 series I think.

Because of the price, if nissan put a good reliable engine in them they would double sales overnight, other than that there not that bad.(except for the badge)
The funniest part about you reading my signature is that by the time you read the whole thing from start to finish you only then realise there is nothing interesting in it.
Bullzye

Postby Diegothecat on Sun, 24 Jun 2012 1:11 +0000

Well its been even longer since I have posted photos of the young girl so here she is at the present.

Latest mods are:

New deep cycle plus high cranking main battery. Been able to run waeco fridge for 3 days and car still starts no dramas at all.

Prodigy 3 brake controller for towing camper trailer. Installed underneath single din stereo for easy access of manual override controller.

12v out put in tray for fridge.

Replaced SR5 tow hitch bracket for SR version for a higher placed toeing assembly

Battle scar on bullbar from a nasty mazda 3 how jumped out in front of me in a carpark, damaged nearly the whole drivers side of the mazda and only a scratch on the hilux. With a new bull bar sitting down at ARB for me but I havenet had the time to go and get it.

Been looking at installing dual batterie charger for the camper but as I will be selling it soon I cant seem to find modivation to do it just to pull it out again.

so pics

Baby seat still working well.

Speed Safely
Diegothecat

Previous

Return to Member Build Ups