replacing engine

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

replacing engine

Postby nobbsy on Mon, 23 May 2011 2:50 +0000

hi guys nobbsy again ... i was goin to do the head gaskets on my 06 hilux but that soon turned to s#!t when i found out it was much worse so i am no giving it a heart transplant for a newer engine with alot less kms.... hopefully all goes to plan .it shouldnt be to hard well it looks pretty straight forward if i come across and complications i will let you know or if anyone has and comments to warn me about feel free.... and i should be reving out in the bush in know time.. i think while it is off the road my body lift and some other mods should be a goer . :twisted: :roll: ;)
nobbsy

Re: replacing engine

Postby cairnzy_j on Thu, 14 Jul 2011 7:59 +0000

Nobbsy...any reports on the progress of your engine swap? Looking at doing it myself shortly. Cheers :D
cairnzy_j

Re: replacing engine

Postby nobbsy on Mon, 18 Jul 2011 6:43 +0000

hey mate yeah i done it and it wasnt to bad actually it was one of the eaisest ones i have done lol ... nah just take your time and mark things when you take them off and you should be fine ... the most daunting part is the wireing harness .. buit its not to bad once u start and it all just falls into place .. good luck mate
nobbsy

Return to Servicing