How much for service?

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Re: How much for service?

Postby amitch888 on Sun, 10 Apr 2011 6:54 +0000

oldrev wrote:
gman79au wrote:Quoted $550 from wollongong toyota for 80k service on a 09 dual cab manual d4d first service since owning the car, really not cool having anyone touch my ute don't trust dealers or there apprentices. what to do? I can do every task of the service myself, I'm a lic mechanic just not working in the trade right now but dealer recons must be done by a workshop...... they think we are all fools.

mate
you answered your own question do it yourself .
mine has not been to a mechanic/toyota in nearly 190,000 ks except for the timnig belt and warranty issues.
i'm not paying for things i can do myself
cheers
ken

X2 do it yourself if you can
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby gman79au on Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:09 +0000

oldrev wrote:
gman79au wrote:Quoted $550 from wollongong toyota for 80k service on a 09 dual cab manual d4d first service since owning the car, really not cool having anyone touch my ute don't trust dealers or there apprentices. what to do? I can do every task of the service myself, I'm a lic mechanic just not working in the trade right now but dealer recons must be done by a workshop...... they think we are all fools.

mate
mine has not been to a mechanic/toyota in nearly 190,000 ks except for the timnig belt and warranty issues.
cheers
ken

Oldrev, what do you write in your warranty/service book? mainly so If or when you need to take it to toyota for a warranty claim and they ask who has serviced the car what will they see?

This is my main concern, of cause I want to service my hilux properly so i get the most out of it. its in my best interest to do so

I was thinking write my repairers lic No or get a stamp made surly they wouldn't know any different
gman79au

Postby oldrev on Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:27 +0000

gman79au wrote:
oldrev wrote:

mate
cheers
ken

Oldrev, what do you write in your warranty/service book? mainly so If or when you need to take it to toyota for a warranty claim and they ask who has serviced the car what will they see?

This is my main concern, of cause I want to service my hilux properly so i get the most out of it. its in my best interest to do so

I was thinking write my repairers lic No or get a stamp made surly they wouldn't know any different

mate i date it put k's in and sign it
they have to prove you done something wrong.
the difference between a dealer and your self is they know the how to short cuts a and they take less care i reckon .
i was told as long as the book is filled out
lets face it the biggest issue we are likely to face is the fuel system and that can be just bad luck i think

regards
ken
oldrev

Postby gman79au on Sun, 10 Apr 2011 2:44 +0000

Thanks Ken, glad to know I'm not alone, I'll just service it myself than, at least I know its been done properly.

thank you for your feed back :)

Gav
gman79au

Postby will's hilux on Tue, 06 Dec 2011 7:40 +0000

just got the 10k km done at bill buckle toyota. i have the toyota service advantage as i bought it new. $170 capped for 3 years or 60k km.
unlike most people, i know buggerall about servicing a car, nor do i have the time. for me, $170 is great value. once the warranty period is over, ill take it to a mechanic i know, he usually charges $200 or so for a comprehensive service. he owns a similar hilux as what i have as well
will's hilux

Postby lowlux1 on Thu, 16 Feb 2012 3:19 +0000

90,000km service- $90ish
$18 for a oil filter (genuine)
$40ish for a fuel filter (genuine)
$30ish for air filter (genuine)
Oil change and filter every 5000 and fuel filter every 10000
i havent had a pre-filter for long so not sure how often to replace it.
oil costs me nothing cause the ol man has a fleet of buses and he doesnt miss 6 or so litres of oil (RX super)
Do it all myself, that way i know it will get done properly and carefully.
lowlux1

Postby Regal on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 12:33 +0000

Had an 09 SR5 from new, took out the extended 3 year warranty last year. I'm now upto my 48 month service or 80k, ute has only done 52k. Have been quoted $800 for this service in Brisbane, thought this was a bit excessive. They also need the ute over night. What do you think to this price?
Regal

Postby boxhead55 on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 4:00 +0000

If they are keeping it over night that is because they will be checking your tappets. If this is the case. Not a bad pice at all.
boxhead55

Postby beakey on Wed, 18 Jun 2014 3:05 +0000

Just booked in for 50k km service in Brisbane.
Got quoted a few quotes..
$390 from Torque Toyota in Brendale.
$280 from SciFleet Toyota in Kedron.

Old mate from the servicing dept at Brendale also told me that Toyota have not changed any clutches under warranty since the mid 2008 Hilux release.
beakey

Postby boxhead55 on Wed, 18 Jun 2014 4:44 +0000

Ha ha ha did a 2013 today under warranty
boxhead55

Postby Shanoz on Thu, 19 Jun 2014 5:51 +0000

I did my 130K service on my '10 SR5 and shopped around with Toyota, Motorama was $290 + parts & oil, Llewellyns was $249 + parts & Oil and my friends who own a company at Newstead (Brisbane) called "Motor Hospital, He does a full inspection on his fancy test Machine (cant remember what it was called) Checks all your suspension loads, brakes, Nm Loads on Each Wheel, Alignments, Shock Load Tests, Hand Brake, Battery and a bucket load of other items which I cannot remeber. He was the first person in SE Qld to own one of these fancy machines and in the last three weeks Eagers had just had one installed and is the second person in Brisbane to own one of these. He charges $147 + oils (depending..... my truck has full Synthetic so it did cost me a little extra) + $69 fee for 4x4 and does a full test on his pride and joy machine. Tony knows his stuff and I would recommend him and his team to anyone, so for a short drive to him (I am at Salisbury) is worth every cent as he does a lot more than any other Genuine Car Dealerships and does your full log book service plus more.
Check out my Bands - KING JESTER http://www.kingjester.com.au & NINTH OF MAY http://www.facebook.com/9thofmay
Shanoz

Previous

Return to Servicing