Scheduled Service

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Scheduled Service

Postby HiruxHijinx on Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:09 +0000

Well,
Booked "the big rig" in for it's 40K service at Moorooka Toyota yesterday.. apparently it has to be dropped off the day before so the mechanics can do a "cold start" test!!
Looks like Mr Toyota might be taking some initiative towards the injector issues?? (I have not mentioned yet that I think they are playing up).
Has anyone else been told their car requires a cold start inspection as part of their normal servicing???

Sam.
HiruxHijinx

Re: Scheduled Service

Postby Shrek on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 7:55 +0000

I had a cold test done for my 1000km, 10,000km and my 20,000km. But I'm in a different boat, my neighbout (and good friend) is lead mechanic at the local Toyota dealership, so he takes my SR diesel dual-cab to work when it needs its service. He did mention that it gives him the advantage of doing a cold start test. I don't know what that is, but why isn't it being done to every HiLux?
pǝɹoq ʎɐʍ ǝq ʇsnɯ noʎ 'sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı
Shrek

Postby HiruxHijinx on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:00 +0000

According to what people have been saying on PradoPoint over the last few months about D4Ds, Toyota have been having some injector issues, and this can be indicated by excessive engine noise levels (rattles) when the engine is stone cold (more than would be expected from a normal cold diesel).
It appears quite a few have had warranty work on their injectors, and this usually begins with the mechanics listening to the engine cold.
So.. we'll see what happens, I'll have it back Tuesday evening.

Sam.
HiruxHijinx

Postby HiruxHijinx on Wed, 29 Oct 2008 9:30 +0000

Well...
Got ute serviced at Toyota 4X4XMORE Salisbury.
When I picked it up, I was driving up the street, and checked the log in the Scangauge to see how it had been driven on it's road test, couldn't believe it!
Some of the stand out figures were (Max RPM 4275) (Max Speed 112km/h) (Distance 3.3km) (Avg Consumption 36.4l/100km) !!!
Immediately rang and notified the service guys of what I had discovered, they apologised, and assured me they would be speaking to the responsible technician. Crazy thing is, you can't legally do 112km/h within 3.3km of that dealership! Not to mention the whole redlining of my car etc.
Then, sqeauling noise developed from engine between 2-2300rpm, I tell them about this also, and they offer to collect it from my work to rectify the next day.
This has been fixed, turned out to be a misfitted hose clamp or something, they also appear to have given my car a quick wash whcih was nice, anyway, will be going back to Sci-Fleet at Albion in future, never had a drama there, only went to Motorama because it was convenient to work, but I'd rather drive the bit further out of the way for good service, they always rotate my tyres and align the steering for nothing aswell.

Just thought I'd tell my story.

PS. No abnormal cold start noise was detected apparently.

Sam.
HiruxHijinx

Postby Shrek on Mon, 03 Nov 2008 5:07 +0000

Yeah Sam, you've gotta watch those mongrels. This is the drama I had with my dealer when my lux had its first check up.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1656&p=18644#p18644
pǝɹoq ʎɐʍ ǝq ʇsnɯ noʎ 'sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı
Shrek

Postby scotty on Tue, 04 Nov 2008 6:26 +0000

Had my ute in for 80000 service today, dropped it off last night so they could do a cold start. Well i have to have 3 injectors replaced, 5grand each they recon?????? seems very steep!!!! Under warrenty. I asked them about the other and they said its fine, but when they put the other 3 in it might give up. So i askeed why not just replace them all, but they said toyota are too tight. So just have to wait and see.

Another issue i had was with the key, stops working all the time. But they keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with it!!! Funny that when they have it!! They said they found a wire was off and its all fixed, till i got in it and the the bloody beeper went off.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Might have to go see another dealer, see if they will do anything about it.
scotty

Return to Servicing