MY LAST SERVICE AT A DEALER

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

MY LAST SERVICE AT A DEALER

Postby boxhead55 on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 5:18 +0000

No that don't work as I take photos and remark them and keep all the old parts to show we did change them. Makes the customer very embarrassed when they find out we knew they did not trust us.
boxhead55

Re: MY LAST SERVICE AT A DEALER

Postby -Rosco- on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 9:23 +0000

It works on some.
-Rosco-

Postby AdamHC on Sun, 15 Jun 2014 2:53 +0000

boxhead55 wrote:No that don't work as I take photos and remark them and keep all the old parts to show we did change them. Makes the customer very embarrassed when they find out we knew they did not trust us.

Do you remark them just to embarrass them?

-Rosco- wrote:It works on some.

Yeah the dodgey ones
AdamHC

Postby boxhead55 on Sun, 15 Jun 2014 4:15 +0000

Yep every singular one I see. Some are scratched a well. Some have paint on valve caps to see if rotates gave been done.
boxhead55

Postby James84 on Sun, 15 Jun 2014 4:28 +0000

I can't say I would be embarrassed if someone called me out for marking bolts.
If every mechanic did their job properly, there wouldn't be any trust issues.
I have heard a few things about my local that have put me off. I also have issues with my local Subaru dealer..
Good mechanics are certainly hard to find.
2008 Hilux DC Ute 3ltr D4D Auto.

http://www.jamesruff.net
James84

Postby AdamHC on Sun, 15 Jun 2014 6:34 +0000

James84 wrote:I can't say I would be embarrassed if someone called me out for marking bolts.
If every mechanic did their job properly, there wouldn't be any trust issues.
I have heard a few things about my local that have put me off. I also have issues with my local Subaru dealer..
Good mechanics are certainly hard to find.

Yeah I agree, unless you have been going there a while there's no shame in it I say. I mean the only conversation with them would have been I wanna book my car in for a service and there's a good chance it was with the receptionist or someone that's not even doing the service.
AdamHC

Postby Bourbydol on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 6:02 +0000

Had a service at a toyota stealership about 5000ks ago, serviced it today myself (oil & all filters for 80k service)and only drained 5l compared to the 6.6l recommended in the manual :shock: 5ltrs barely gets it to minimum capacity.
doesn't blow smoke or drop oil so can't see it using 1.6ltrs of oil in 5000ks..... will get a mechanic for the rest of the service required

Also does anyone else have a washable (in water) air filter??? i swapped one out today for a Ryco filter then noticed the cleaning instructions on the filter itself :| have kept it as a spare for now
All posts powered by Bourbon.
by Joonyah on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 3:43 +0000
My old man told me "son, if it floats,flies or f$@#&%, you are better off leasing it".
Bourbydol

Postby Qwerty on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 1:14 +0000

boxhead55 wrote:No that don't work as I take photos and remark them and keep all the old parts to show we did change them. Makes the customer very embarrassed when they find out we knew they did not trust us.

Wouldn't embarass me ... I'd be thankful the person did a great job, but it wouldn't embarass.

If the dealer asked me for an explanation, I'd give him around a dozen first hand stories of shitty experiences at dealers and remind him he's a good egg among a lot of bad ones. :D
Qwerty

Postby Fixa4377 on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 1:46 +0000

Got my 1 month "check" booked in this Thursday with Toyota, Will be taking it to a mate who has looked after my cars forever from here on though, With $55k sitting beneath you, you really need to trust the people servicing your car.
Fixa4377

Postby Geomatica on Mon, 15 Sep 2014 9:06 +0000

I bought my 2009SR from Lander second hand and got the extended warranty which meant that I have to have the vehicle serviced through them. That's okay, but I was in on the weekend for 72 month service as per the original log book. Well I thought I was. Apparently all the extended dealer warranty services are only minor services. So when I asked if they could service as per the original dealer log book I was told "no" :shock:

Alas. I asked for the steering to be aligned as the steering wheel was off center and that the tires be rotated, seeing they were going to be off the truck anyway.

Now, I used to have a Subaru Forester, and every time or alternate service, I got touched up for either "there is dirt in your brake reservoir and it needs a flush" or "the AC filter is blocked and needs replacing" or "the injector throttle body has built up carbon deposits and needs replacing".

Seriously, is this on the Service 101 course or something!!!!!

I can't believe that after the last service the brake fluid can get that dirty! I presume that having the intake cleaned one in a blue moon is advisable, I'd welcome any thoughts on this however.

And in the end they did not even rotate my tires! What else does not get done I wonder.

It really gives me the Wonka!
Regards,
Carl

"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome…"
MY09 SR Dual Cab
Geomatica

Previous

Return to Servicing