10k service ??

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

10k service ??

Postby tobie on Sat, 15 May 2010 9:25 +0000

got the car going in wednesday to tamworth city toyota for 10k service, rang today and booked it in, asked for a new pollon filter as m y one is full of dust, told me thats a extra outside the advantage plus, ok

also asked them to adjust the rear brakes as they are shit and do not stop, was informed that that is an extra as the self adjusters take care of that,
??? is this a warranty claim or do i just pay them 5min to adjust rear brakes, or should i just do it myself ???

like to hear thoughts goes in on wednesday
tobie

Re: 10k service ??

Postby rosco01 on Sat, 15 May 2010 9:39 +0000

Hi Tobie,
I'm not sure you are getting "looked" after....
Mine has now been in for three services.... each of them no more than the $170.
During each service, they have checked and adjusted the handbrake, and chased up a couple of "extra" issues I felt worthy of mention...... an no further charge..

I don't know about air filter - but expect that if it need replacing, it is likely that you may be charged.... if this occurs - make sure you have it logged in the "additional service" section in the rear of the booklet....
I note that when hauling a heavy load for extended periods, mention is made to change the engine oil and goodness only knows what "else" they feel appropriate between "scheduled" services..... including running through water.... these, I believe would also not be included in "standard" fees.......

Please let us know, the air filter is not "hard" to access and replace.... just make sure you fit a genuine one - or you'll have to "answer" for any extraneous attention.....

frats,
Rosco
rosco01

Postby tobie on Sat, 15 May 2010 11:31 +0000

hey rosco
should have made it a bit clearer, the pollon filter is under the passenger side dash, filter for the air con, my one is full of dust, book says to clean out, i want it replaced

just wondering bout adjusting the back brakes, service dealer was confident on charging me or doing so
tobie

Postby rosco01 on Sat, 15 May 2010 11:40 +0000

Tobie,
if the brakes need adjusting - because something is not working automatically - then there's an issue with a defect.....should be no charge - had a think about that after I replied earlier....
The handbrake adjustment will only be to take up stretch in the new cable.... if they charge you for that... I'd find another "stealer"...

Ok - the air con filter - or pollen filter, if that's what it's called....
If you read the service book - they are supposed to clean it - and replace it at intervals.....

I may be wrong - but I'm starting to believe you might be one of those unfortunate owners who are going to have a battle with your dealer..... how far away is the next one......? Might be worth risking one "service" to compare cohesion.....

frats,
Rosco
rosco01

Postby tobie on Sun, 23 May 2010 8:46 +0000

got the car done
i asked for a new pollon filter, not to clean the original it was filthly, charge me $101 for the new filter, bit steep but i wanted it

adjusted brakes ect no charge, done the full log bokk service as required, only thing i was a bit dissapointed they charged me $8 for consumables ??? i thought fixed service was fixed service???, the bride took the car up so was a bit hard to argue over the phone,
happy with the service though and probably take it back

i did not buy the car from them, bought it in lander blacktown saved heaps, just convenient to get it serviced there
tobie

Postby camwill69 on Sun, 23 May 2010 8:50 +0000

Tioie,
I got my Pollen filter replaced at a service during the week and it cost $28 for the filter, made by RYCO so not a bad sub for genuine. It is only a 2 minute job to fit it too.
Regards,
Cam
camwill69

Postby rosco01 on Mon, 24 May 2010 2:01 +0000

Tobie,
mine has now been in for three services - 1K, 10K and 20K..... the ONLY money I have paid is the $170 each for the 10K and 20K.... just what brand of coffee are you paying $8 for them to drink.....?

frats,
Rosco
rosco01

Return to Servicing