Servicing "Bits" on 2004 Hilux SR5 D/CAB TD

Discussion on servicing, engine oils, gearbox oils, diff oils etc

Servicing "Bits" on 2004 Hilux SR5 D/CAB TD

Postby Chemistry on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 9:46 +0000

Hey all

I have just purchased my first 4x4 in Perth and have a few questions I hope you can answer:

The vehicle has only had one owner, a lady that took great care of it as cosmetically it is in amazing condition, the motor sounds great and it is good to drive however she does not have the service log book but says she has had the vehicle serviced every 5000km's. I am wanting to have the vehicle thoroughly checked for my peace of mind but also to ensure that if there is any work outstanding that I can plan and budget for it... so

1. At what km's does the Hilux TD require its major service
2. Should the vehicle have a service every 5000 or 10000km's
3. I am insured with the RAC and know that they offer a Gold Service but have read on the forum that some people recommend Ultratune for vehicle servicing, I would have used the Toyota service centre in Melville, Perth however their customer support is deplorable (I could barely get to speak to anyone) and when asking for advice on the service they recommended the Major Service at AUD$931
4. Does anyone know where I can purchase an owners service manual for this specific vehicle, I intend owning till I wrinkle from good living so may want to endeavour one or two things myself...
5. Is there a parts dealer in Perth that I can use for new spares and does anyone know of a reputable second hand parts dealer where I can pick up bits and pieces (the clock is missing in the dashboard just above the hazard switch)

I absolutely love driving this vehicle and want to ensure that it is looked after so any advice would be appreciated.
Chemistry

Re: Servicing "Bits" on 2004 Hilux SR5 D/CAB TD

Postby D4D for ME on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 7:23 +0000

One owner and the book is missing? Did you ask her what happened to it? I would imagine that the service book would be a 'genuine Toyota' only part. Toyota only recommend aservice every 10 000km. I f you PM me an email address and what you're after I can probably email you a copy of the pages from my book if you want.
Cheers, Nick
The beatings will continue untill the morale improves.
D4D for ME

Return to Servicing