2012 Engine Failure - warranty claim rejected

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: 2012 Engine Failure - warranty claim rejected

Postby Alby on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 4:16 +0000

Was told last night that Mazda diesels are dropping pistons, there are about 8 sitting at one of the larger dealerships and Mazda is saying that it is the poor fuel quality causing the problems and are not being covered under warranty
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby kickinback on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 4:26 +0000

Alby wrote:Was told last night that Mazda diesels are dropping pistons, there are about 8 sitting at one of the larger dealerships and Mazda is saying that it is the poor fuel quality causing the problems and are not being covered under warranty

Not surprised to hear this. I have heard many BT-50s with shocking ping under acceleration. It was so bad my wife said it sounded like a machine gun.

We are not alone with the problem. I also know of a Amarok with a hole in a piston with less than 5000 on the clock for which bad fuel was blamed. The only difference is the dealer and VW Aust replaced the Amarok with a new one.
kickinback

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:05 +0000

Hellbound wrote:The 03 cruisers werent common rail diesels so no point comparing the hilux to those

What make and model is the fuel manager your runnin there Nimrod....

I was going to say it but I didn't think it needed to be said. Old cruisers weren't common rail. Totally different thing. Anyway...

Umm this one http://www.terraintamer.com/en/4wd-prod ... el-manager

Not sure exact model number / part number as Toyota fitted it as an option. But I can tell you, in 5000km my engine hasn't blown up :) bonus
NimrodAUS

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:08 +0000

Alby wrote:Was told last night that Mazda diesels are dropping pistons, there are about 8 sitting at one of the larger dealerships and Mazda is saying that it is the poor fuel quality causing the problems and are not being covered under warranty

There you go. What do they expect winding the crap out of a poor little diesle engine. Everyone at work is like so how much power does your hilux have, and I say enough to drive past you on the side of the road when ur blown up :-)
NimrodAUS

Postby CraigB on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:24 +0000

DeadlyBeast wrote:The service rep said that Toyota will honour warranty claims as long as the 2nd fuel filter is mounted upstream or before the OEM filter.
A pretty good endorsement and admission for the need of a second filter from Toyota...

Hey Deadly,

do you know if I would need to get Toyota Servicing to install the 2nd fuel filter to be covered, or it doesn't matter who?

Cheers,

Craig
Last edited by CraigB on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:34 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Craig

That rug really tied the room together.
CraigB

Postby jimO on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:35 +0000

is that the new model mazda/ranger???
jimO

Postby kyle300exc on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:42 +0000

Just for anyone interested I got a price on the ryco seperator as posted the previous page $62.00 Not bad for a bit more piece of mind.
Has anyone fitted one got any pics of a mounting point ? I see nimrodaus' pic but he has that in the dual battery tray which wont work for me.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby Alby on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:02 +0000

jimO wrote:

is that the new model mazda/ranger???

I don't know JimO, the discussion was related to the poor fuel quality available in Australia and its effect on Mazda diesels. I was not told what vehicles in particular, I think they offer the diesel in the CX7 or 9 as well ???
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:08 +0000

kyle300exc wrote:Just for anyone interested I got a price on the ryco seperator as posted the previous page $62.00 Not bad for a bit more piece of mind.
Has anyone fitted one got any pics of a mounting point ? I see nimrodaus' pic but he has that in the dual battery tray which wont work for me.

yeah I will move it when time comes for dual battery set up. Don't stress
NimrodAUS

Postby Alby on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:11 +0000

kyle300exc wrote:Just for anyone interested I got a price on the ryco seperator as posted the previous page $62.00 Not bad for a bit more piece of mind.

Kyle assume it doesnt have an audible alarm at that price??
Personally I don't think you achieve much without some form of pre-warning alarm system with it. Once the OEM warning light has come on the result is the same with or without the prefilter.
Alby

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:18 +0000

Alby wrote:

Personally I don't think you achieve much without some form of pre-warning alarm system with it. Once the OEM warning light has come on the result is the same with or without the prefilter.

that's very true, you would hope that if you stopped as soon as the light/buzzer came on (2012 have buzzer too) you would be able to drain/change filters and be okay. Wouldn't you?
NimrodAUS

Postby cruz03 on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:23 +0000

Thanks buddy but i was refering to the algae growth as cruisers have steel tanks hilux plastic?
cruz03

Postby kyle300exc on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:29 +0000

NimrodAUS wrote:

Come on nimrod don't get all defensive
Alby wrote:

Well would that not be a reason to put the filter in after the OEM so to allow the alarm or light to activate but still have the secondary filter to catch anything overflowing from the first filter in that time it takes to shut down the motor. And no it doesnt have the alarm its part # R2132UA
Last edited by kyle300exc on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:31 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby booflanders on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:31 +0000

just got quoted $690 to fit second fuel filter from the local dealer in emerald.
booflanders

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:33 +0000

kyle300exc wrote:
NimrodAUS wrote:

Come on nimrod don't get all defensive
Alby wrote:

Well would that not be a reason to put the filter in after the OEM so to allow the alarm or light to activate but still have the secondary filter to catch anything overflowing from the first filter in that time it takes to shut down the motor. And no it doesnt have the alarm its part # R2132UA

that's a good point. What about just to be safe 3 pre filters and 14 post filters. With a huge in tray filtration refining plant? Lol

And it's a touchy subject. I asked Toyota not to put it there but well I might have just asked to much of them. I think from now on whenever I post that picture I'll put a caption on it, saying, no shit it's in the road of a dual battery lol hahaha :-) jokin
NimrodAUS

Postby Alby on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:44 +0000

NimrodAUS wrote:
Alby wrote:

that's very true, you would hope that if you stopped as soon as the light/buzzer came on (2012 have buzzer too) you would be able to drain/change filters and be okay. Wouldn't you?

If you are banging down the highway at 110k by the time you notice the light on the damage has already occured ??
Alby

Postby kyle300exc on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 12:48 +0000

Fark Ill just get a Prius and mod it up :?
Kyle

kyle300exc

Postby Alby on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 1:25 +0000

Soooooo, for those with prefilters, how often do you check your filter? After every fuel up?
Alby

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 4:41 +0000

Alby wrote:
NimrodAUS wrote:
Alby wrote:[quote="kyle300exc"]Just for anyone interested I got a price on the ryco seperator as posted the previous page $62.00 Not bad for a bit more piece of mind.

If you are banging down the highway at 110k by the time you notice the light on the damage has already occured ??[/quote]
yeah spose that's a pretty shit idea then isn't it?
NimrodAUS

Postby NimrodAUS on Mon, 03 Sep 2012 4:41 +0000

Alby wrote:Soooooo, for those with prefilters, how often do you check your filter? After every fuel up?

often, with my once a week oil check
NimrodAUS

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls