Injector seal leak=Oil Pickup block=engine failure D4D

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Injector seal leak=Oil Pickup block=engine failure D4D

Postby D4Dead on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:18 +0000

Toyota campaign 1KET-015 D4D including Hilux

Now correcltly posted in post 2005 Hilux

Reading many posts regarding D4D Injector Seal Washer leaks, Leading to Combustion leakage into Lubrication system, Oil Contamination, Oil Pickup Strainer blockage, Engine Oil starvation and ultimate engine failure.

Many D4D owners downunder should be aware that Toyota NZ recommends Injector seals & o-rings be replaced at 45,000 KLM intervals, many similar issues have been reported in NZ also.

Looks like MR T also has a campaign dealing with this and related problems on Hilux & Prado elsewhere:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/toms_cabs/EN/1KET-015.pdf

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/tomscabs.aspx

Look forward to a similar response with loyal customers in Australia & New Zealand.
D4Dead

Re: Injector seal leak=Oil Pickup block=engine failure D4D

Postby Spray on Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:48 +0000

Glad to find this link to campaign.

Have seen 3x D4D Hilux with same symptoms, One with severe combustion leak due to failed injector washer 140,000KLM
One with washer leak that resulted in oil Contamination that totally blocked theOil Pickup screen.180,000KLM
& One with all of the above including engine failure due to Oil starvation. 220,000KLM (New engine required!!)

No obvious symptoms until failure occurs, by then its too late!

If you search the forums there are many more complaints no doubt related to this.

Guys, check your D4D Oil pickup screens, Just drop your oil and look in the sump plug socket with torch, you should see a clean screen inside, If it is Fouled, start to worry! you will have to drop the sump and clean it out ASAP or you could be on verge of catastophic engine failure! Oh yea, replace your injector seals as well, since this is why your screen is blocked, because they have been leaking combustion gas into the oil for a long while!

The copper injector seals were superceded back in 2008 and they are now all plated copper, not ALuminium as some say, They only look silver due to the plating on the copper. These seals no doubt were also changed for a good reason back then.

Perhaps this Toyota campaign will come to Australia soon, it said it runs until 2014 on 2006 up D4D's

Good luck! I'll be checking in on it!!
Spray

Postby D4Dead on Thu, 26 Apr 2012 5:41 +0000

Now correcltly posted in post 2005 Hilux, reposting at after dinner in hope to catch more respondent feedback:

Toyota campaign 1KET-015 D4D including Hilux

Reading many posts regarding D4D Injector Seal Washer leaks, Leading to Combustion leakage into Lubrication system, Oil Contamination, Oil Pickup Strainer blockage, Engine Oil starvation and ultimate engine failure.

Many D4D owners downunder should be aware that Toyota NZ recommends Injector seals & o-rings be replaced at 45,000 KLM intervals, many similar issues have been reported in NZ also.

Looks like MR T also has a campaign dealing with this and related problems on Hilux & Prado elsewhere:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/tomscabs.aspx

Look forward to a similar response with loyal customers in Australia & New Zealand.

Thanks Spray and good luck!
D4Dead

Postby TroopieRV on Sat, 28 Apr 2012 8:04 +0000

Given up my Troopie a little while back for a little more comfort & performance in the Hilux.

Unfortunately my Lux is now out of action. Can you beleive my engine has blown! ie/ it's failed. They tell me it can't be rebuilt and I am talking about 15K including a Turbo unless I do it myself, even then I'll probably only save 2-3K!!

So I log in to visit you guys to check out the deal and find this thread, Injector seals leak, tick for that. Oil Pickup blocked, tick for that too! Engine failed, afirmative!!!

So I clicked on the Toyota link in this thread by D4Dead and you guested it, a recall for the same problem, but this is only in Europe? go figure? but it only end in 2004 and my VIN is in this range!!!

Looks like I am not the only one on this site with this problem, Can the powers to be, who like all of us have a vested interest in the product, see if Toyota in OZ will do the right thing and help us out, like they have to owners in Europe?

Love to here from somebody on this one because I am guessing that if I got the return to dealer letter,check my Lux,it would probably still be alive today and I would have 15K extra to spend on my next fishing trip!!

Help please on this recall deal? What does it all mean?
TroopieRV

Postby 9W6VX on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:59 +0000

TroopieRV has been banned permanently as he is the same user as Spray who has been banned for a week for posting the same dribble all over the forum.

Sharing info is good but copying the same post to all the threads associated with the injector issues is spamming and we don't take that lightly.
Members that log on regularly don't enjoy reading the same thing word for word. A simple link to the original thread would suffice.

Creating a new user name while having a week holiday get a permanent ban.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Postby aandy on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 11:16 +0000

Good riddance ;)
aandy

Postby jimO on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 2:49 +0000

is D4dead in on it as well??
jimO

Postby 9W6VX on Thu, 03 May 2012 12:23 +0000

This thread is locked due to spamming by Spray/D4Dead/troopieRV/landuser.

If a new thread is created on this subject it will be deleted immediately unless the thread starter or author is a regular and established member.
Cheers

Brendon
73 de 9W6VX
9W6VX
Site Admin

Return to Warranty/Recalls