recall front breaker bar question, got no help from toyota??

What were your warranty claims and recall information

recall front breaker bar question, got no help from toyota??

Postby LUMO on Thu, 09 Feb 2012 4:00 +0000

This pist me of big time,
i have a geniun toyota bull bar on the front, now my mate told me there was a recall on them and he had to take his on in the replace the section inbetween the bar and the chassis. i went to 2 toyota dealers and rockdale toyota said to me yes there is a recall on this bar but toyota in west ryde will can fix it because my car presioulsy was take there so only they could do the work. and i took it there and they said to my you car is listed uder the recall, so i said to them maybe the car is but the this bull bar had a recall so why cant it be fixed and all they said to me is it show here in the system that we never fit the bar on we no nothing about it and your car is not listed, man i wanted to knock this f***ING C**T OUT, and i asked him but was there a recall on this bar and he said yes but you car hasnt bee listed from the recal and i told the dick head that think wasnt not the bar the car came with when it was first purchased. and it just went no were, anyone had this problem and now how i can fix this. and my front bar is abit wobbly and ive tightened the shit out of it but still wobbly?????
LUMO

Re: recall front breaker bar question, got no help from toyo

Postby felix on Fri, 10 Feb 2012 6:02 +0000

why not give toyota a call here
Customer Experience Centre - 1800 TOYOTA (1800 869 682)
felix

Postby LUMO on Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:23 +0000

felix wrote:why not give toyota a call here
Customer Experience Centre - 1800 TOYOTA (1800 869 682)

thanks for that dude, ill give em a buzz see what happens
LUMO

Postby LUMO on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 2:25 +0000

Toyota are pricks,
i called them up and asked them why i cant get my bullbar fixed under the recall and this is whats happened..
previously (before me owning it) my hilux had the genuin bullbar on it and the recall was done and since then it was in a accident, and now it has another toyota bull bar it but the recall hasnt been does on this bar, but because the car has had a bar on it before and the recall was done on the old bar, they said we done have to fix the new bar as it shows here in own system that its been fixed and after trying to tell them that its not been fixed then took it to a dealer so theres proof thats this bar has not been fixed in the recall they still oh im sorry sir but we cant fix this because this might be a second hand bar....
ffs who cares it second hand(but if you look at it the bars brand new). its toyota genuine bullbar thats been recalled but because my car had a bar on it before and was repaired under the recall this new bar is not covered.
what a load of f***ing shit.
LUMO

Postby Oz Bruiser on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 5:08 +0000

Try dept of fair trading, sometimes a clause number or referance number can be gotten and when put before a dealer they will back down . No guarantuee but worth a shot. But often toyota service is as you describe.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
Oz Bruiser

Postby Alby on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 6:20 +0000

It is a bit of a shit but I can see there side as well.

They have fixed the vehicle as it was supplied from them originally which is there obligation. They have fixed the problem with the bar and then somebody else has since tampered with the vehicle and unfixed it, so the onus is on them to supply a roadworthy product. Do you know who the panel beater was as it should probably go back through them and there parts supplier or at least get some documentation from them to prove it was a genuine newly purchased bar for your lux that you can show to Toyota care.

I can understand your frustration with it all though!
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby LUMO on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 7:37 +0000

Oz Bruiser wrote:Try dept of fair trading, sometimes a clause number or referance number can be gotten and when put before a dealer they will back down . No guarantuee but worth a shot. But often toyota service is as you describe.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

i tried that but because its not a brand new car they cant do nothing....
LUMO

Postby LUMO on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 7:40 +0000

Alby wrote:It is a bit of a shit but I can see there side as well.

They have fixed the vehicle as it was supplied from them originally which is there obligation. They have fixed the problem with the bar and then somebody else has since tampered with the vehicle and unfixed it, so the onus is on them to supply a roadworthy product. Do you know who the panel beater was as it should probably go back through them and there parts supplier or at least get some documentation from them to prove it was a genuine newly purchased bar for your lux that you can show to Toyota care.

I can understand your frustration with it all though!

im tring to get my hands on the invoice from the bar but i bought it from a guy in wollongong and im in sydney and i finally found his number as i bourght the car almost a year ago no. but spent and hour yesterday looking for his number and i used google earth and basicly drove to the front of the workshop and zoomed in and found the address on a sign out the front, laughing! now i just hope that he can get his hands on the invoice.....
LUMO

Return to Warranty/Recalls