Leaking Windscreen

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Leaking Windscreen

Postby yesman on Mon, 02 Jan 2012 8:39 +0000

My 09 Hilux leaks water from top centre of windscreen, quiet noticeable. I only purchased the vehicle four months ago second hand. Was wondering whether it's worth trying a warranty repair, not knowing whether the windcsreen has been replaced already. Worth noting perhaps, there was an overhead console installed which I had removed and I'm not sure if the installation of this had anything to do with it as a bit of the ceiling cover is torn close to ewhere the water seems to be coming from.

Any advice Thanks :)
yesman

Re: Leaking Windscreen

Postby jap on Mon, 02 Jan 2012 8:43 +0000

Sounds like a dodgy windscreen replacement
The Quickest TRD Hilux in Australia - 13.690 @ 100.56mph
True Bolt-On Power, Performance & Reliability

Traded for:

BT50 D/C 3.2l Auto - TJM Deluxe Bullbar - TJM Rear Step - TJM Canopy - Airtec Snorkel
jap

Postby Mattya on Mon, 02 Jan 2012 9:26 +0000

yep, i did at least 5 toyota windscreens at work last week and it would be highly unlikely that one would leak from factory.

You will probably just have to get a new one.
Im Always On The Edge, It Only The Sharpness That Varys.
Mattya
Platinum Subscriber

Postby kyle300exc on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 3:11 +0000

Id hit the dealer for a warrenty claim, its worth a shot. Have a bit of a scratch around the windscreen itself and see if there is any obvious sign of damage or sealant missing. Alternatively most insurance companies now have a free windscreen replacement. The consoles arnt supposed to penetrate the outer roof unless someone used too long a screw. If your not happy with your console you can send it my way ;)
Keep us updated on how you go
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby yesman on Tue, 03 Jan 2012 9:38 +0000

Kyle, threw the console on the tip only last week after having it kick around for months - always the way :cry:

Took Hilux to local Novus fella who could see where the console installation had peirced the metal after peeling back the ceiling a bit. Not visible from the outside, not sure exactly how it works. Anyhow he sealed it up and is fairly confident that it could work, no charge, great service!!. A little bit of rust in there which could a worry down the track.

So be very careful if installing anything near the ceiling/windscreen area.
yesman

Return to Warranty/Recalls