Factory Heavy Duty Floormats

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Postby Oz Bruiser on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:41 +0000

Hey guys i think this is the correct section to post. Last year in Sept i purchassed my ney Lux.Ticked all the usual standard extras boxes. One being Factory Toyota Heavy duty floormats, The Rubber ones. They give all the speal etc about heavy duty, protecting your investment Blah Blah Blah.. BS

Annyway have now owned about 10 months roughly and im a Tradie and drive my Lux to site each day for work plus private use. Monday to Friday however generally only to and from work, once a day each way.

I was cleaning the footwell out of dust dirt etc and noticed the floor mat had a nice hole in it, Now i know these are a wear and tear item. Where my heel sits bettween the brake and Accellerator pedal(is an auto) is worn through.

I rang the dealler i purchassed it from and explained the mats came brand new the day i picked up the lux. As it has not been 12 months are they covered under warranty.
They said Yes, bring the lux in with mats and they will replace, I baught in the country from where i am as got best deal at the time. Bout 2.5 hrs drive from home. Explained this to them, and they just said take to my local dealler and tell them they authorised etc. I did this and local toyota dealer said no deal, is where and tear.

Keeping this in perspective ive always had utes for work and previous Commy ute had heavy duty floor mats from Super Cheap at $30 a pair. They lasted approx 3 years before going through. Now local dealler is trying to tell me 10 months is fair ware and tear. I think BS personally.

Has anyone else experianced this with new mats or mats from Toyota. May only be car mats and not a a big ticket item, however am thinking if they do this with car mats id hate anythign major to fail,

Ben
Oz Bruiser

Postby KTM525EXC on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:48 +0000

Hey ben,

Mine isnt used for trade use but has the same fate where my heal is wearing through the rubber. Mine are 3 years old now but I have only done 45k in the lux. Mine haven't worn through as Yet but must be getting close now.
To be honest the rubber is way too soft for the application of being a floor mat.

My 02 cents
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Re: Factory Heavy Duty Floormats

Postby Oz Bruiser on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:03 +0000

Thanks, for the record, ive just clocked up 20,000 kms. as you have done twice the kms, i would have hoped for better, but you are right about the rubber softness.
Oz Bruiser

Postby KTM525EXC on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:14 +0000

That's shocking Ben only 20k and a hole already appearing!!!! I'd be pushing the point to try and get them to replace it under warranty that's for sure. Doesn't interior have a 5 year warranty anyway?
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Steve9R on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:19 +0000

phh.. mine did the same 4years from mine.. but i just bought some genuine ones from ebay for about $40 for both front mats..

heres the link :

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-TOYOTA-G ... 3f085019ec

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Alby on Tue, 26 Jul 2011 6:02 +0000

Mine are coming up to 4 years old and still ok. But I wear thongs 90% of the time
On the internet you can be anything you want. It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid!
Alby

Postby EASTCOAST on Tue, 26 Jul 2011 8:47 +0000

Hay Ben,
Your doing better than genuine holden carpet mats my wifes drive mat only seem to last 6 mounths and the carpet pulles out of the backing,,

My rubber mats are starting to look thin wear my heel touches after 30,000klms......

You didn't tell the Toyota dealer about the weird twitch you have over the phone did you,,,, ;)

Then when they meet you at your local dealer they knocked you back cause you couldn't stand still :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No harm ment if you really do have a twitch Ben :o
******If you can ignore it its not a real problem******
EASTCOAST

Return to Warranty/Recalls