Water in ADF after filling up

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Water in ADF after filling up

Postby dazzadazz on Sun, 12 Apr 2009 6:51 +0000

After filling up at my local big brand servo the only servo i use so have all the paper work, I drove about 15KLMS and the filter light started flashing. I pulled over and drained the filter, and all was fine. 2 Weeks later i filled up again at the same servo and bugger me the same thing happed. I drained it again and all was fine again. The next day light on again. Drained filter into glass container and found alot of water in it. The servo is now under investigation as i reported it. Had my filter changed and longrange tank drained by a mechanic which they found a heap more water. Deisel mechanic said $4000 for pump and $1000 each injector if the water went any further. Lucky i caught it in time. I will keep you updated on the outcome.
dazzadazz

Re: Water in ADF after filling up

Postby Quinny34 on Sun, 12 Apr 2009 4:39 +0000

farq!... lucky....
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dazzadazz on Thu, 23 Apr 2009 7:13 +0000

The claims dept said the service station operator have not received complaints from other customers that fuel purchased on that date in question was contaminated and records indicate that all products delivered to and held at the service station meet all appropriate specifications. I have all the records and statements showing that this servo is the only servo i have ever filled this car up at so i wonder where the water came from as this car has never been off road as yet. There full of shit.
dazzadazz

Postby Quinny34 on Thu, 23 Apr 2009 8:04 +0000

dazzadazz wrote:There full of shit.

Would have to agree with that diagnosis....
FCCW
Application for G##C membership REVOKED
quinny23@newhilux.net
Quinny34
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems