Injector value deterioration rate?

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Injector value deterioration rate?

Postby TasFF on Thu, 16 Nov 2017 12:04 +0000

Question to all who frequently monitor injector values or had major enging failure after specs were checked.

What sort of specs change have you noticed over what km period when still ok?

Once you picked up the injector specs heading towards being out of spec, how much did they change over a time/km period before being switched out?

Anyone had them checked to be all ok only to have major engine failure due to faulty injector?

Anyone heard of instant failure causing piston damage despite in spec a short time earlier?

I am specifically looking for info around injector failure not the injector seat causing oil pickup carbon blockage. Currently trying to get techstream working so i can check values at each 5k service however i would like some reassurance of normal or abnormal spec movements and potential for total failure between the 5k checks.

Cheers
TasFF

Re: Injector value deterioration rate?

Postby outbackjoe on Fri, 01 Dec 2017 1:47 +0000

Hey man I have no direct experience but I've seen others who work with D4D engines suggest that checking every 10k is sufficient. That will probably catch the majority of cases before big problems but it's still possible to get unlucky.
outbackjoe

Return to Fuel Systems