Under Tray Fuel Tank

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Under Tray Fuel Tank

Postby Phil123 on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 4:02 +0000

Hello, Ive searched the forum and havent found someone whos done it. Ive got a duel cab with factory alloy tray and I want to fit a fuel tank under the tray. Ive heard of it done, and ebay has poly ones real cheap, about $400. Has anyone fitted one to a hilux and are there any isses with strenght? and how to mount it? Theres afiller kit also that has a separate cap, and the new tank gravity fills into the factory one as its above it, woundnt this over fill the factory one and leak out the factory cap? Thanks
Phil123

Re: Under Tray Fuel Tank

Postby TOYZX on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 4:35 +0000

I made a similar set up for my rig. Sub tank sits above the main tank under my tray and the outlet feeds directly into inlet of the main tank. When filling up the fuel simply goes thru the sub tank first and into the main. All the breathers are linked up and moved up to the new filler. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby cooganstein on Thu, 20 Apr 2017 7:50 +0000

Unsure on the first couple of questions but my mate who has a sub tank has them isolated with a ball valve. So you drive around as normal with your primary tank once its empty open valve and sub drains into primary.
cooganstein

Postby Bushbound on Fri, 21 Apr 2017 7:25 +0000

I have a stainless steel 20 litre sub tank with separate filler and breather, connected into the main tank filler but isolated by a ball valve. I also have LR main fuel tank so the guage doesn't read correctly so its nice to know I've dropped 20 litres into the tank. Have also filled up a couple of times without shutting the valve and hasn't caused any leaking issues, just fuel consumption calculation issues.
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10129
Geoff
Danger is natures way of eliminating stupid people.
Bushbound

Return to Fuel Systems