Hydrogen-on-demand hybrid combustion technology

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Hydrogen-on-demand hybrid combustion technology

Postby Brookster on Fri, 29 Aug 2008 8:50 +0000

After hearing about this topic from a couple of people over the last few days, I've browsed the net for info on hydrogen-on-demand hybrid systems. Apparently, similar to lpg/diesel systems, a small amount of gas is added to the combustion process via the air intake system. Like the lpg system it increases fuel burn efficiency with the associated benefits of economy and power. Unlike the lpg systems it operates on both diesel and petrol engines and is produced on demand utilising an on-board water electrolysis system. Apparently the gas evolved from the electrolysis is HHO; this is drawn into the engine through the venturi effect of the air intake system. From what I've seen it is possible to DIY the system. Several websites offer general technical advice; others offer e-books for a fee detailing construction and installation details. All the evidence seems pretty anecdotal; it would be interesting to get any feedback; has anyone else heard of this concept? I just googled 'hydrogen water'.
IF A MAN TALKS IN THE FOREST AND THERE IS NO WOMAN TO HEAR HIM, IS HE STILL WRONG?
Brookster

Re: Hydrogen-on-demand hybrid combustion technology

Postby Skog07 on Fri, 29 Aug 2008 9:42 +0000

Brookster.
I have seen something like this before as well. I dont know alot about it but the theory is passing a high voltage through a saline mixture ( salt and water) will produce small amounts of hydrogen and oxygen. It will also separate the salt ( sodium chloride) from the mixture and that is one of the by products is closer to never perfect combustion.
The trick is to make is safe as hydrogen is a highly reactive gas and even the friction of its own molecules passing through a tube with the slightest presence of an Oxider ( oxygen) can set it off.
Cheers
Skog
Skog07

Re: Hydrogen-on-demand hybrid combustion technology

Postby olcoolone on Sat, 30 Aug 2008 9:31 +0000

There is a company here in Australia who is making an add on kit for heavy vehicles, it works much the same a LPG injection.

Try this link

http://www.h2fuel-save.net.au/
olcoolone

Return to Fuel Systems