Clean dirty/noisy injectors, increase performance

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Clean dirty/noisy injectors, increase performance

Postby toyboata on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:36 +0000

Andy I don't know of any myself but if you give Wurth Australia a call and ask if they can direct you to anywhere near you that uses their VAS diesel system flush they may be able to point you in the right direction.
toyboata

Postby Quikvl on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 2:10 +0000

How long does it take?
Quikvl

Postby Steve9R on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 2:26 +0000

Quikvl wrote:How long does it take?

toyboata wrote: The process takes about half hour maximum in most cases but some petrol vehicles have difficult access to fuel supply lines and may take a little longer.

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Quikvl on Wed, 14 Nov 2012 6:08 +0000

*slaps heap* idiot.....

Wanna squeeze my car in on Friday arvo for hilux guinea pig ??
Quikvl

Postby toyboata on Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:50 +0000

Quikvl wrote:*slaps heap* idiot.....

Wanna squeeze my car in on Friday arvo for hilux guinea pig ??

Thanks for being the Hilux guinea pig Curtis......we await the results with much anticipation.
toyboata

Postby DeadlyBeast on Thu, 22 Nov 2012 1:55 +0000

Any initial results to share? :)
DeadlyBeast

Postby Steve9R on Thu, 22 Nov 2012 5:19 +0000

Toyboata is overseas this week, but 'quikvl' had his done Friday last week..

Steve
Steve9R
Valued Contributor

Postby Quikvl on Thu, 22 Nov 2012 8:29 +0000

Ended up gettin mine done last Friday.
There was nothing "wrong" with the injectors just wanted a clean before the chip went in.
Injectors made a slight noise when cold and went when warm. And I can safely say now that has nilly gone.
Still slightly there but did make a difference.
Fuel wise still testing but hard to tell with towing all the time.

Will defenetly get it as a regular thing to try keep injectors happy.
Quikvl

Postby toyboata on Mon, 25 Mar 2013 6:38 +0000

Wondering if any of you blokes that came and had this done have any results to share?
toyboata

Postby gxl_d4d on Sun, 09 Jun 2013 8:08 +0000

Are you able to clean the intake manifold with this system using the appropriate cleaning fluid?

I've seen a similar setup on youtube by a UK mob. They put some liquid into a similar looking canister, pressurise is and using a foaming nozzle to inject the cleaner through the turbo to clean the EGR fouling.
gxl_d4d

Postby Talktheroo on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:10 +0000

This system may help with the carbon problem that builds up around the outlets on the nozzles of the injectors, that would be about it.
The main problem with all CRD engine injectors are how hard the injectors are worked by the fuel delivery system and the ECM or the ECU.
High pressures and multiple spray patterns in the cycle take there toll on the internal parts of these injectors, especially the Denso ones. High wear of the needle and other components is the problem here, fellow members.
If you get the rattle or the feedback values are found to be out of range (-3.0mm3 to 3.0mm3) your only option is to change out those injectors as a set of four for the 1KD-FTVs.
That's it really, in a nutshell.
A couple of options on buying injectors.
http://www.amayama.com
New injectors in the Toyota boxes : Around the $380.00 mark each, total : $1520.00.
Baileys exchange injectors : $1,100.00 including GST for the set of four.
You can also go to a Denso dealer and pay about $2,200.00 for the set.
Toyota Parts is $4,400.00 trade for the set of four.
If you want to clean the EGR valve, the elbow, extension housing and the throttle body or venturi, you have to physically do it.
Fitting a catch can pretty well stops the oil coating or residue in it's tracks.
I have now had a couple of vehicles throw fault codes in relation to the EGR valve piston getting gummed up with that black crap. So you should get these components cleaned when you change out your injectors, I reckon.
The Roo.
Last edited by Talktheroo on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:15 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Passing through country and seeing country are two different things.
Talktheroo

Postby Hellbound on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:14 +0000

Cheers Roo - in regards to taking off the lower intake manifold:

Can the gasket be re-used, and do you need to de-pressurise the fuel system before removing the injector lines?

Much appreciated...
60% of the time, it works every time
Hellbound

Postby Richolux150 on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:49 +0000

Hi Team
Had mine cleaned by the Toyota dealer at 30k service.....as recommended by them....made no difference to fuel economy, starting or idling....just burned $180...maybe better served at 100k or after trip to dirty fuel places. :ugeek:
Cheers Richo
Cheers Richo
If cat turds were Gold nuggets, I'd be the richest bloke on the block... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Richolux150

Postby Talktheroo on Mon, 10 Jun 2013 1:06 +0000

No, to the gasket thing. You are supposed to only use them once. The intake manifold really doesn't have to come off anyway as the main build up is around where the elbow meets the manifold. You can clean this area with the manifold still on the block.
The pressure thing, no. Just start the job with the engine being cold. This way, there will be little pressure in the fuel system. Pretty well, the supply pump needs to be turning over for there to be pressure in the pipes and the rail. And who wants to work on a hot engine anyway, at least not me.
Remember to stick to the true TMC procedure, and that is to remove the pipes. Do not bend the pipes in anyway.
If you want any more information Hellbound, just give me a PM and we can talk some more on the phone or something.
Most diesel fitters will charge you about $3,000.00 to do this job now.
I am $2,890.00 to do this job, and I clean all the components and reinstall with new gaskets all the way through. I use amayama for most of the parts too.
I haven't used Baileys yet because most of my customer base own Prados and go for the new option. But I think it's a good option as Baileys are anal with their specifications. The only company that I would trust on exchange injectors for the 1KDs is this company.
Injectors should really be changed out every 130,000 km intervals if the feedback values stay in spec. You could go to around the 150,000 km mark providing the vehicle has the coated seats, the new design seats that is. I am just being safe here as now I have seen some weird crap happen with these injectors. From piston melt downs to a nozzle blowing off and imbedding itself into the top of the piston. The biggest problem is the over fuelling situation where the needle develops a leak and fuel pools at the top of the piston and the spray pattern not being right and concentrating on a spot on the top of the piston. These two common problems lead to holes being blown in the top of the pistons which lead to a rebuild situation.
You don't want a rebuild as it is very expensive compared to changing out the injectors as in the suggested intervals.
If you are going to do this job yourself, it will cost you about $1,800.00 in parts and SLLC coolant. Yes, you have to drop the coolant because of the EGR cooler.
Hope that helps you mate, John.
Passing through country and seeing country are two different things.
Talktheroo

Postby ulupnasr5 on Sun, 04 Aug 2013 10:25 +0000

I've been noticing loud rattling and lots of black smoke when cold on my '07 lux. This is fitted with the Roo system chip and 3" exhaust. I was thinking that maybe the injectors need a birthday,or a dynotune, but now i'm thinking of starting here...as long as it is a good option. The price is right, and with a diesel tank additive sounds like a good place to start.
With all these performance chips out today, do they ever get 'out of line'? Need to be re-calibrated or re-tuned? Seems to me that possibly the chip is telling the fuel system to 'give it everything you've got' when it's cold, low revs, rattling and bellowing black smoke.
Anywho...any feedback on this would be great, the SR5's done 130k, so it shouldn't be that bad. I am over in Werribee and need to find a good, honest, diesel service centre out this side, or we go to Seaford...also the air-bag light is on...clock spring. Can you fix this as well...???
Cheers.
If you can't race it or take it to bed...it's not worth having.
ulupnasr5

Postby boxhead55 on Sun, 04 Aug 2013 10:56 +0000

This is interesting me!

I have herd of the timing chain tensioned sticking sometimes. causing a horrific noise.

and sometimes the variable valve timing solenoids stick causing the cams to say in the advanced position also causing heaps of bad noises. but never causing damage

a recording by video would be good!
boxhead55

Postby hilder91 on Sun, 04 Aug 2013 10:57 +0000

where can I buy this
hilder91

Postby martynvella on Sun, 14 Feb 2016 8:12 +0000

Time to dig up an old thread.

Any follow up to this lately?
martynvella

Previous