Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Injector / Seals / Smoke / Blocked Oil Pickup

Postby mattwhite on Fri, 07 Feb 2014 5:17 +0000

$ talk? :lol:
mattwhite

Postby BDG on Sat, 08 Feb 2014 6:21 +0000

Bahaha, Nah,

Grey Imports... Denso really aren't talking to us anymore! :?
BDG

Postby BIGFOOTJR on Sat, 08 Feb 2014 8:37 +0000

BDG wrote:Bahaha, Nah,

Ate too many sour grapes?
BIGFOOTJR

Postby kriss on Mon, 10 Feb 2014 3:04 +0000

A lot of useful info here! Unfortunately the 07 SR I bought 12 months ago has started with the white smoke business, devastated :( Hoping just replacing the seats will do the trick, but where is a good place in Brisbane to get it checked out? Anything I should do in the meantime to minimise risk?
kriss

Postby Edededdy on Tue, 11 Feb 2014 8:00 +0000

Yeah. Make sure the damn oil pick-up is not blocked or even partially blocked.

Drain the oil and use a torch to look inside or spend the money on ebay for the camera. Do NOT trust the service people to do it, ESPECIALLY Toyota. Check for yourself.

My 07 just cost me $8000 SO FAR in damages because the seats were never replaced by those damn Toyota service agents, as was discussed on these forums. Unfortunately I learned my lesson too late.

Spend the money to get the injectors cleaned, checked and new seals put in. It may sound like a lot but believe me it will save you in the long run.

I only had my Hilux just over 1 month, thought I was safe because I had the log book with all the regular servicing done by, guess who? TOYOTA. In that month, since buying it, it only blew a small amount of smoke twice, both times because I parked it downhill, otherwise it ran perfectly, good fuel economy, etc.

Never the less, after travelling only 3000 Km since purchasing, I took it for a major 160K service at an independent who swore that they were qualified to work on the Hilux, gave me a spiel about everything that needed to be done on a major service, charged me $500 for the service and less than a hundred kilometres after the service the engine blew whilst travelling on a free-way.
Only after towing it back to them did they look at the oil pick-up and told me it was not their fault that it was 80-90% blocked.

I also want to mention that the oil light NEVER even came on until after the motor cut out whilst travelling at 100 Km/h. It only came on when the engine died and I pulled over and restarted the motor, but by then there was a loud knocking noise from the motor.

Take the time to get to know your vehicle, read these forums and listen to the advice. I knew nothing about it, was sold on the "Unbreakable" slogan and have now paid the price.

Right now I have this Love/Hate relationship with the vehicle. Its worse than being married. Shes a nice ride, I hate her guts, wish I never bought her, and yet look forward to the next time I can ride her. I must be sick in the head, except that I now cannot afford to get rid of her.
Edededdy

Postby Timbo1980 on Wed, 12 Feb 2014 11:00 +0000

Sorry to hear your pain mate.

I did have a giggle at your last paragraph though, good to see you can still find some humour amongst all the crap!
Timbo1980

Postby Talktheroo on Wed, 12 Feb 2014 5:40 +0000

BIGFOOTJR wrote:
BDG wrote:Bahaha, Nah,

Ate too many sour grapes?

Denso Australia, who cares. It will just be skeleton staff soon any way, and they will be begging for any business, just to keep their jobs.
The Roo.
Passing through country and seeing country are two different things.
Talktheroo

Postby Edededdy on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 1:34 +0000

A follow up on my saga that started on the 19th of December.

I eventually had to go for a transplant and managed to secure a low mileage second hand motor. Unfortunately the mechanics I had had to go through to get the motor fitted had no idea about programming the compensation codes for the new, or should I say second hand motor, that they installed. Nor did they have any idea as to why the turbo was not working. So after contacting The Roo, I decided to remove the vehicle from their premises and bring it home as I have lost all confidence in their abilities.

So a quick shout out to The Roo to thank him for coming out and checking out my Hilux over the weekend and saving me any further expense. He had all the right equipment and set up very professionally, entered the compensation codes and the vehicle is behaving as it should. So thanks once again.

Now I have my vehicle back again. There was nothing wrong with the turbo and the mechanics were wanting to remove and replace the turbo because they had forgotten to hook up a vacuum pipe. How much more that would have cost me had I left it with them is frightening.
Edededdy

Postby BDG on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 6:36 +0000

Great news and great outcome
BDG

Postby Swinder on Thu, 20 Feb 2014 6:59 +0000

Has anyone done a ,how to replace the seats diagram
Swinder

Postby BDG on Fri, 21 Feb 2014 5:06 +0000

There is an injector install manual on our website which is essentially the same thing (if i understand the question properly that is?)
BDG

Postby Farrout on Sun, 23 Feb 2014 8:48 +0000

I've just come across this thread and it make for some concerning reading! I've had my 07 model for over 4 years now, having bought it with 140 000 km's on the clock. I have no way of knowing if these seats were ever changed, all I have is logbook stamps from Toyota. It will be due for a 240 000 km service in a month or so and I'm thinking it may be worth have them replaced for peace of mind? It is a lease vehicle so hoping they will approve any additional cost.

Any advice would be great.
Farrout

Postby BIGFOOTJR on Sun, 23 Feb 2014 9:01 +0000

Farrout wrote:I've just come across this thread and it make for some concerning reading! I've had my 07 model for over 4 years now, having bought it with 140 000 km's on the clock. I have no way of knowing if these seats were ever changed, all I have is logbook stamps from Toyota. It will be due for a 240 000 km service in a month or so and I'm thinking it may be worth have them replaced for peace of mind? It is a lease vehicle so hoping they will approve any additional cost.

Any advice would be great.

Get your injector feedback values checked, if they are within spec there is no problem. Always get the oil pickup screen inspected every oil change too.
BIGFOOTJR

Postby Farrout on Sun, 23 Feb 2014 2:47 +0000

Ok that sounds good, might get the obd2 cable and check the specs myself. Seems like a cheap investment.
Farrout

Postby Edededdy on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 8:20 +0000

Just FYI. The other second hand motor I purchased with only 120k on the clock also had the copper seats, though the injectors were clean and there was no carbon blow by. So I guess it is different from motor to motor, though both mine and the replacement were from 2007 vehicles and neither had had the copper seats replaced.
Edededdy

Postby oldmick on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 6:29 +0000

pardon my ignorance but I am only a rural dwelling country bumkin in wa, just where do you get baileys seats and other part from?

mick
oldmick

Postby Talktheroo on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 7:05 +0000

Swinder wrote:Has anyone done a ,how to replace the seats diagram

Yes, I have done a full blown thread on Pradotech. It's with photos and everything, step by step. Although I haven't finished it yet.
I will do one on here too, when I come up for air. Hilux pacific. There is not much that is different, though.
Link : http://www.pradotech.com
The Roo.
Talktheroo

Postby Talktheroo on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 7:12 +0000

oldmick wrote:pardon my ignorance but I am only a rural dwelling country bumkin in wa, just where do you get baileys seats and other part from?

mick

Here you go Mick, and I highly recommend this company.
Link : http://www.baileysdiesel.com/on-highway ... il/toyota/
Just give the office staff a ring, mate.
The Roo.
Talktheroo

Postby Skog07 on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 7:16 +0000

Roo we really appreciate your efforts on the forums and I've been watching your work over on PTC well done mate. Just recently was speaking to a plumber mate of mine who has a 2wd hilux. Went in for a service they apparently replaced the injectors then less than 1000kms later it seized on the F1 on a trip down from the central coast. The fella doesn't have a lot of mechanical aptitude but sounds like a bust to me. Quoted a $14000 repair job, will report back when I know the facts.
Cheers Mark
Skog07

Postby Swinder on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 7:21 +0000

Talktheroo wrote:
Swinder wrote:Has anyone done a ,how to replace the seats diagram

Yes, I have done a full blown thread on Pradotech. It's with photos and everything, step by step. Although I haven't finished it yet.
I will do one on here too, when I come up for air. Hilux pacific. There is not much that is different, though.
Link : http://www.pradotech.com
The Roo.

Cheers Mate

That will be excellent,Can't wait.

Swinder
Swinder

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems