FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: FAQ CHIP IT Diesel Performance Solutions Power Module

Postby bortho on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 3:32 +0000

Hi Robert,

I will definately send it back to you for it to be fixed. Could you please confirm the address to return it to and i'll get it on it's way via express platinum to get sorted out (just incase if there are any changes since i've purchased it, along with anything else that may need to go back with it). Can i leave the loom in the car still?

I did fit your egr blank plate with the hole in it.

Regards,

Ian
bortho

Postby CHIP IT on Tue, 24 Jul 2012 8:21 +0000

PM Sent
CHIP IT

Postby tonymtber on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 9:48 +0000

Lancair wrote:Hi all, its been a while since I posted here, its been a while since I used my chip too.
I got sick of the limp mode episodes. I have a scan gauge fitted, all were the "fuel leak detected" variety and occured mostly when I backed off the power or when only just above idle crusing along. Like in the outside lane of the M1 doing 110kmh, backed right off, semi coasting down a hill and suddenly, I have NO throttle ability at all. :shock:

As a result Ive unplugged it, ( I have the original cut into your wires under the dash version) and havent used it in over 12 months. I post here today after a chance encounter with someone else using one of these and he is super happy.

What can I do ? ?

Andrew

I had the same occasional issue with mine to....Chip It replaced the chip with the newer upgraded model & its been fine ever since. I believe it was a voltage issue causing the problem (the earlier chips sourced power from the battery,where the newer ones get power from the fuel rail)....please correct me if I'm wrong Robert! :mrgreen:

Its good to see an Australian company who stands by their product & backs it will good service. Its still the best chip I have used.

PS Robert: I have my chip now running on Tune 6....power is good & the economy is back down to 9.2l/100 average. This seems to give the best combination of power & good economy!
tonymtber

Postby CHIP IT on Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:36 +0000

Thanks for that. That's pretty good on the economy side of things too.

BTW you are correct on the voltage correlation issue Tony.
CHIP IT

Postby Lancair on Fri, 10 Aug 2012 4:24 +0000

I posted mine back, minor hickup in that my GF didnt mail it with tracking, but I recieved a phone call about midday Thursday EST, advising me it had arrived, the techs were looking at it and it should be posted back to me that afternoon. When I queried about the voltage issue with these early chips, the young lass confirmed there were issues with the early ones and mine would be fixed.
I couldnt be happier, or I will be when I can put it back in my ute.

EDIT: I didnt ask, but will I be getting back my chip that needs the under dash wiring, or the newer pug in style ? I also have an EGT gauge, wiring harness and probe etc, but never got around to installing it, as I stopped using the chip. (The display on the one I have looks identical, minus the chip-it decal) Where do you install the temperature probe in the new models with that feature ? Perhaps I shouldve asked before, seeing as I have a probe can I make it work like the newest version of the chip ? Could I have paid some extra to get this chip ?
I always like the latest and greatest gadgets, LOL.

Andrew
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 10 Aug 2012 6:13 +0000

no wiring needed Andrew. Just plug it in. report back please on how it goes.
CHIP IT

Postby bortho on Fri, 10 Aug 2012 6:36 +0000

Chip received back on monday, less than one week turn around. Couldn't be happier with it, brand new update chip with the new harness. Robert i couldn't be happier with the service you guys at chip it provide. I also put a 3" exhaust on it on wednesday night, the 2 work well together :lol: It pulls hard for a work ute loaded with tools.

Thanks again,

Ian
bortho

Postby CHIP IT on Fri, 10 Aug 2012 6:45 +0000

Super result for all Ian. congrates with the car. they do feel much better to drive chipped up don't they?

BTW what did you pay for the zort? was it full turbo back? I ask because people don't know I do exhausts too and want to see how competitive we are. Cheers
CHIP IT

Postby toyboata on Fri, 10 Aug 2012 7:08 +0000

Robert, what could you do for me?
I have a chip it (no egt)that's been very good and is about 2 years old.
What upgrades would be available for it now?
toyboata

Postby CHIP IT on Sat, 11 Aug 2012 4:16 +0000

email me please robert@chipit.com.au
CHIP IT

Postby bortho on Sun, 12 Aug 2012 7:41 +0000

Hi Robert,

That was me you pulled up next to at Marrickville and asked if it has a chip in it! :D It was good to tell you the feedback in person mate. The exhaust i got for it was the 3" xforce one, i got it for $495. It's only my work ute so i wasn't too keen on spending nearly $1000 on one, maybe if it was my pride and joy i'd consider it. I'm pretty sure it would have helped it though.
Do you guys have a dyno that you use for tuning or dyno days here in Sydney at all? I wouldn't mind seeing what the figures are with the chip off and with a couple different tunes.

Regards,

Ian
bortho

Postby Lancair on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 7:34 +0000

WOW, Fantastic service from Chip-It. I have recieved my new chip in the mail this morning. I couldnt be happier. Unfortunately my ute is in for a service this morning and my dad is borrowing it from late afternoon and returning it tomorrow morning. Hopefully then I'll get a chance to install it before my trip away on wednesday morning.
Just a point I noticed, the chip has a sticker on it which says tune5 is loaded, yet in the documentation re the EGT controller it strongly recomends monitoring EGT's with tune 5 loaded ? Why wouldnt you load tune 4 to be safer for those who dont have an egt controller ?

EDIT: Just found all the info I need re installing the EGT probe.

Andrew
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:38 +0000

bortho wrote:Hi Robert,

That was me you pulled up next to at Marrickville and asked if it has a chip in it! :D It was good to tell you the feedback in person mate. The exhaust i got for it was the 3" xforce one, i got it for $495. It's only my work ute so i wasn't too keen on spending nearly $1000 on one, maybe if it was my pride and joy i'd consider it. I'm pretty sure it would have helped it though.
Do you guys have a dyno that you use for tuning or dyno days here in Sydney at all? I wouldn't mind seeing what the figures are with the chip off and with a couple different tunes.

Regards,

Ian

Hi Ian

good to catch up with a fellow chip user. They really do work well. When I saw you take off before I caught up with you I was sure you must have had a chip of some sort.

That exhaust looks OK. As I always believe, If you don't need to spend the extra why do it. I think you got a great deal and the truck sure does go well.

For dyno work there is a guy in Castle Hill MRC Dyno and also Croydon Racing at Ryde, These are two guys that I have used.

Also there is another guy Tune House near where we met. I believe his name is Jimmy. You can try these guys too if that is closer.

However, you do you need a dyno? You don't just to go to the next tune(s). If you want to see the before and after results, then of course that's fine ... but not just to change tunes. Diesels are different to petrol engines where you should dyno to make sure the AFRs are OK
CHIP IT

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 12:41 +0000

Hi Andrew.

the new tunes go from 1 -15. Tune 5 (factory tune) is fine ... no need for dyno. If you were going past tune 8 I would be looking at monitoring the EGTs ... especially if you are towing.

The info into manual re tune 5 having to be monitored is part of the old manual that has mistakenly found its way into the new manual. Forget it.
CHIP IT

Postby Lancair on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 2:39 +0000

Thanks Robert.
Painfully, I can not put the chip in my ute today. My dad is about to borrow it and return it tomorrow morning about 11am. Its booked in for some new tyres at 2pm, so hopefully somewhere in those gaps and before dark, Ill get it installed. Id rather be the one driving it for the first few hundred k's after installing it and my dad's gonna do a couple of hundred before I get it back, so it can wait.

Andrew
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 3:03 +0000

just make sure the engine is cold. You will thank later me for that advice :mrgreen:
Last edited by CHIP IT on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 4:23 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
CHIP IT

Postby Lancair on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 3:50 +0000

Oh yeah, I hadnt thought about that. It might have to wait until wednesday morning then.
Lancair

Postby CHIP IT on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 4:25 +0000

The EGR pipe is BLOODY hot.

And make sure you cable tie down the harness from the Common Rail sensor so it too doesn't touch or rub against the EGT pipe. You can cable tie down to the fuel pump here the existing harness is attached to.

You will see what I mean when you have a go.
CHIP IT

Postby Jack S on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 8:05 +0000

Rob i am in the same boat as Toyboata, any updates? Had mine for near 2 years...
Jack S

Postby Blackie2008 on Mon, 13 Aug 2012 8:17 +0000

Another awesomely happy customer here :) thanks ChipIt for replacing my unit with minimum fuss. Got mine back today thanks Rob! I see the new module case doesn't have mounting screw holes like the old one. Where and how are you guys mounting the new units?
Dan.

08' SR5 Dual Cab, Manual, Prado brake upgrade, 33" KM2's, DMS MR Rekon Stage II, MMKD, Stage 2 GTurbo, HPD FMIC, NPC Clutch, 360 UHD Gearbox...

Built, not bought

Build thread: http://www.newhilux.net/phpbb/viewtopic ... 41&t=15092
Blackie2008

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems