OME Rear Springs.

OME Rear Springs.

Postby Chris Thomas on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 6:29 +0000

Hi.
I still have to get around to doing something about the Suspension in my Duel Cab. I have seen plenty fitted with the OME kits. TheMedium spring look like they do a good job holding up the rear when empty but how do the go when loaded with the Normal gear we all take camping sliding draws ,fridge,eskys, camping trailer etc. I'm going to fit Bilsteins but just not sure what springs to fit. Anyone got any loaded and unloaded heights that might help.

Thanks

Chris Thomas
Chris Thomas

OME Rear Springs.

Postby McSumWay on Tue, 30 Oct 2007 6:46 +0000

I have the OME HD springs and they ride the same as the originals when unladen. When I attach the camper trailer they do drop but still sit around the original height.

To be honest the original springs had good ride loaded and unloaded -they just need to be reset a little higher which most suspension shops can do.

If I did it again thats what I'd do and save the money.
I have nothing good to say down here so I wont say anything at all
McSumWay

OME Rear Springs.

Postby camwill69 on Mon, 28 Mar 2022 4:06 +0000

Hey Chris,
Have been going thru the same delema chosing a rear spring. After some feedback from others regarding many different combonations including OME (which I have fitted to the front)
and combinations of OME springs and other shocks etc.

I do not believe that a spring is on the market that would give me everything I wanted. Comfort/lift/handling/towing. (I may be a bit fussy)

At the moment I am trialing some EFS Comfort springs with Rancho 9000x. It is a new product in the EFS line and is not on the market yet. The ride and lift are great. Will trial some different shocks to overcome the handling issue's (minor and me being a bit fussy) , but that is the joy of trialing a new product. EFS are working hard to get it right before they go to the market which should give faith to thier product.

Am yet to try them with the camper trailer on but will do soon.

I will keep you informed.

Regards,
Camwill69
Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon, 28 Mar 2022 4:06 +0000.
camwill69

Return to Suspension