VMN Body Lift Kit - Photos

Re: VMN Body Lift Kit - Photos

Postby VMN on Fri, 29 Apr 2011 4:42 +0000

I have not sold any ally ones for over 12 months and no longer offer them (possibly on special request though). The plastic ones are lighter, don't squeak and don't cause galvanic corrosion due to contact between 2 dissimilar metals..

Rod
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
Dedicated to providing exceptional value and service to NewHilux members
VMN

Postby Sinan on Mon, 09 May 2011 11:24 +0000

mate got the goods in the mail today. that bash plate is some serious stuff. got the tub done today. wish i had done it differently jacked the rear and the tub dented the cab right below the rear window. anyways shit happens. hopefully the cab goes along without dramas.
cheers
Simon
Sinan

Postby VMN on Tue, 10 May 2011 6:49 +0000

Sinan wrote:mate got the goods in the mail today. that bash plate is some serious stuff. got the tub done today. wish i had done it differently jacked the rear and the tub dented the cab right below the rear window. anyways shit happens. hopefully the cab goes along without dramas.

Sinan, Glad you like it, shame about the dint. Maybe if you removed the back seat you could push it out if it is not a bad one or get a paintless dent guy to have a go. Did you jack the tub up from the rear end? I always recommend jacking up one side at a time.

Buddy makes a mean bash plate doesn't he?
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby Sinan on Tue, 10 May 2011 6:36 +0000

yeah mate jacked it up from the rear of the tub. dont like reading manuals. love getting stuck into it with some tools. not fussed about the dents.

mate that bash plate.... can drop the lux on a log and i think the bolts will shear off before the zinc coating gets scratched.

i re did the fuel hose but not to happy with it. can anyone recommend where i can get a longer one from? spent all day looking for one today with no luck. tried autobahn and supercheap.
cheers
Simon
Sinan

Postby VMN on Tue, 10 May 2011 8:10 +0000

Looks like the pics have gone but Twisty had some pics on his buildup of the fuel filler viewtopic.php?f=41&t=3644

Basically he redrilled the bracket mounted to the chassis up 25 mm which was enough to make the filler still sit behind the filler door but lower than stock. I think you'd have to get some tubing and cut the hose and extend it.

You might be able to buy 1 metre of alluminium tube from JNT Performance Metals (Google them) or some stainless exhaust pipe.
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby Sinan on Tue, 10 May 2011 8:35 +0000

thanks champ but thats what i pretty much did already. iput a metal bracket and lifted the filler part so its like normal at the filler door but the rubber hose is a little short for my liking. its hard trying to find a a rubber hosethe same thickness. does anyone know if radiator hoses will be ok with diesel?
cheers
Simon
Sinan

Postby VMN on Tue, 10 May 2011 8:46 +0000

Sinan wrote:thanks champ but thats what i pretty much did already. iput a metal bracket and lifted the filler part so its like normal at the filler door but the rubber hose is a little short for my liking. its hard trying to find a a rubber hosethe same thickness. does anyone know if radiator hoses will be ok with diesel?

I wouldn't use radiator hose. Maybe look around in a wrecker. Talking to a guy the other day that did that to fix the filer for a custom tray. I think he cut some of the filler pipe off and rewelded it. He said that the petrol filler is different to the diesel and it was a non standard hose size. He said the hose was a very expensive part fromToyota.
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby EASTCOAST on Wed, 11 May 2011 8:01 +0000

One more tip on when installing the body lift.................
The fuel door opener cable has a little gromet that stops water entering the cab.When lifting the body or the tub make sure it seals again or water gets in.
To see it look between the cab and tub on the passenger side.....
Also the vent above it is also a good funnel to let water in if its not in place properly......

Nearly 12,000klms now with the VNM body lift and no squeaks no radiator rattles and no attention from the cops.
******If you can ignore it its not a real problem******
EASTCOAST

Postby HorseHilux on Mon, 16 May 2011 2:33 +0000

What is actually involved in a body lift? (2" for example) I have a 2" EFS Elite suspension lift on mine at the moment. Is fitting the body lift as simple just putting spacers between the chassis and body of the car? Or are there other time and $$ draining things to do like extending anything etc??

Cheers
Horse.
HorseHilux

Postby VMN on Mon, 16 May 2011 4:28 +0000

HorseHilux wrote:What is actually involved in a body lift? (2" for example) I have a 2" EFS Elite suspension lift on mine at the moment. Is fitting the body lift as simple just putting spacers between the chassis and body of the car? Or are there other time and $$ draining things to do like extending anything etc??

Cheers
Horse.

Best not to double post. I answered on the other thread.
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby HorseHilux on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 7:42 +0000

Hey RodW.

Looking at purchasing your 50mm Lift once the Tax man shows me some love! Do you guya fit them?? If so how much? If not know anyone who does it that'd be keen for a cashie?? haha
HorseHilux

Postby VMN on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 8:27 +0000

HorseHilux wrote:Hey RodW.

Looking at purchasing your 50mm Lift once the Tax man shows me some love! Do you guya fit them?? If so how much? If not know anyone who does it that'd be keen for a cashie?? haha

Horse, cash often gets a discount here.... Last one I fitted, I decided I was too old for fitting stuff like this any more. I could lend you a couple of floor jacks... Fourbys will fit them for you, and have done heaps but it is not an inexpensive exercise. When you are ready , let me know and we can go from there...
VehicleMods (RodW)
vmn.com.au
VMN Body Lift kit
VMN

Postby Sinan on Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:44 +0000

Mate it's just a time consuming job. Not really that hard. But be ready to make up some custom tools. How did everyone get the radiator drop bracket screws in? Had to grind an Alen key and use a rachet.
cheers
Simon
Sinan

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 23 Jun 2011 4:56 +0000

The hole job I didn't think took to long apart from those radiator drop brackets! While they work well, they are just a pain to get in. Is there a trick to make it easier?
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby kyle300exc on Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:05 +0000

My concerns are with my ARB bar, apparently you have to relocate the crush bars, has anyone got any pics? the idea of grinding into my Bull bar goes against the grain a bit.... and how will that effect the winch????
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby amitch888 on Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:27 +0000

Have a read of this thread max posted up on the first page

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4691&start=40

I did mine and believe it's as strong as before, still has the crush tube and is also fully welded all the way around instead of only in a few spots so I believe it's still good to support the winch under strain. But yer it's doesn't feel right having done it to the bullbar, I'd definately feel more comfortable if it was all engineered which for this next hilux I might look into.
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

VMN Body Lift Kit - Photos

Postby matske on Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:37 +0000

kyle300exc wrote:My concerns are with my ARB bar, apparently you have to relocate the crush bars, has anyone got any pics? the idea of grinding into my Bull bar goes against the grain a bit.... and how will that effect the winch????

Don't get me started on Arb and lifting the bullbars and winches ! I got told by arb after I did body lift with the bulbar mod as well that if I use my winch it's going to rip my bulbar straight off . So of course I worried a bit and had all the welds and bolts all inspected by an engineer and his words were Arb are full of crap you can hang your car off a tree and the winch wouldn't pull off your bar and I have used my winch a few times now and pulling out bogged PAJERO and pulling out huge trees on the farm and had no dramas at all . Your bash plates under your bulbar will not fit to after body lift mate . Rod got the bulbar bracket from buds custom I think
matske

Postby kyle300exc on Thu, 23 Jun 2011 7:39 +0000

Thanks Mitch exactly what I am looking for.... has anyone altered arb side steps or rear step/ tow bar?
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby jaybajan on Thu, 30 Aug 2018 12:44 +0000

rodw wrote:
KTM525EXC wrote:hey Rod does your kit have anything to raise/direct air into intercooler since there is a gap between the rubber and intercooler face? just inquiring for future referance ;)

No, I don't cover that bit but I tell you how to fix it. You just need some 50mm thick high density foam glued to the engine cover. Does not look too bad if done right. I've got another idea too but it is a bit more involved to space down the rubber skirt 50mm.

you got any pictures of how the high density foam looks on the cover
jaybajan

Postby Tyler1993 on Thu, 30 Aug 2018 3:36 +0000

jaybajan wrote:
rodw wrote:
KTM525EXC wrote:hey Rod does your kit have anything to raise/direct air into intercooler since there is a gap between the rubber and intercooler face? just inquiring for future referance ;)

No, I don't cover that bit but I tell you how to fix it. You just need some 50mm thick high density foam glued to the engine cover. Does not look too bad if done right. I've got another idea too but it is a bit more involved to space down the rubber skirt 50mm.

you got any pictures of how the high density foam looks on the cover

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler1993

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension