BODYLIFT BIBLE DOCUMENT

Re: BODYLIFT BIBLE DOCUMENT

Postby kyle300exc on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 5:05 +0000

Ok good that you fell confident. Re: filler neck for your fuel intake, there is a breather line from your fuel tank that connects back into the filler neck. Which ever you have ( tub or tray ) raising it 3 inches will require some modification to it. Some have got away with 2 inch BL's ok but 3 inch will be stretching it too far IMO. I extended my neck and breather with just a 2 inch.
One other thing to consider. depending on if you have diesel is the intercooler will no longer get as much forced air flow through it. There's a few posts around of different options for this. If your in a cooler climate it may not be as necessary? Monaz did some posts on temps taken before and after he installed a home made spacer to regain maximum air flow.
As far as instructions go, it does seem daunting at first but its pretty straight forward.
I started with the tub first, just watch the release cable to open your fuel cover isn't over stretched and damaged. And you can push the fuel filler neck in so it releases from the tub and address that later.
Then do your radiator drop brackets ( remove your grill to access the bolts )and release the air intake hose, a bit of cloth in there to stop anything foreign getting in. DONT FORGET TO REMOVE IT.
Release your steering yolk.
Remove all the nuts to the body mounts ( easier to remove the back seat IMO if a dual cab ) front kick panels as well.
Remove the bolts on one side and raise the cab ( 2 x floor jacks and a block of wood to protect it )
Fit your bolts and blocks ( a bit of sikaflex on the blocks will prevent any vibrations down the track )
Start the nuts on those bolts ( don't tighten at this stage )
Then raise the other side and repeat.
Take your time and keep checking nothing is caught up during the raising process.
Make sure your radiator fan is clear.
Add the extension to your air intake and tighten everything up.
Before and after phots and post them in your build thread so we can admire your handy work. Good Luck.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby Jerre on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 5:55 +0000

Ok thx for the info kyle, yes I've seen the part of the intercooler and I'm still figuring out some options.
Tomorrow is the big day, I'll do my best to take pictures and keep you guys updated. One last question, I've purchased some extra 10mm fuel hose for the vacuum line but I haven't got a single clue wich one you mean. Anyone who can give me a bit more info?
Many thanks

Jeroen
Jerre

Postby kyle300exc on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 6:27 +0000

Forgot the vacuum hose. I'm am talking about your fuel filler neck, your neck runs into a moulded hose and into to the top of your fuel tank. There is a return hose from your tank to allow the air to escape. This runs along side your filler hose and re enters the filler neck via a 90 degree elbow welded in all vehicles are fitted this way.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby kyle300exc on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 6:37 +0000

Kyle

kyle300exc

Postby Jerre on Tue, 24 Mar 2015 8:46 +0000

Ok, I get it, thanks ;)
I'll start with the tub right awa.
In meantime can you give me more info of the vacuumhose that causes the break troubles?
Jerre

Postby kyle300exc on Wed, 25 Mar 2015 7:10 +0000

If you stand facing your truck its on the front right of the motor down the bottom. Can't provide a photo as I don't have a hilux any longer.
Kyle

kyle300exc

Postby Jerre on Wed, 25 Mar 2015 8:49 +0000

Just finished the bodylift :D
Pictures will follow in my build thread.
Only problem that remains is that I can't even take a full turn on the steering wheel without the tires rubbing my bumper and fender flares :?
Tires measurements are 33x12,5x15
I don't have a single idea what the offset is of the rims, they come from a land cruiser
Jerre

Postby kyle300exc on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 4:01 +0000

Great work, the offset is your problem. We had to cut the inside of the flares back and cut back the bracket for the body mount behind the tyre. I also had to cut the plates of the ARB bar, which the tyres were hitting. You are left with a couple of options, get the angle grinder out, get another set of rims or get a bull bar and cut just the rear of the flare.
Kyle

kyle300exc

Postby jakelux on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 2:36 +0000

Or do all of what Kyle said and fit 305's.. :?
looks good! Is that a wrap on the body or a flat paint?
jakelux

Postby Jerre on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 5:23 +0000

Ok thx for the info, will look for other rims then, I don't want to saw in the bumper or flares, I still care to much for the car ;)
The matt black is flat paint Jake
Jerre

Postby rds_929 on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 6:51 +0000

Jerre wrote:Image
Just finished the bodylift :D
Pictures will follow in my build thread.
Only problem that remains is that I can't even take a full turn on the steering wheel without the tires rubbing my bumper and fender flares :?
Tires measurements are 33x12,5x15
I don't have a single idea what the offset is of the rims, they come from a land cruiser

truck looks awsome man love the matt black how much lift u running ??
rds_929

Postby dino12 on Wed, 01 Jul 2015 8:45 +0000

Can anyone tell me the factory body height for a dual cab 4wd with 225/70/17s as on 201 and 14 models?
Thanks in advance
dino12

Postby Runamuck on Tue, 28 Jul 2015 8:20 +0000

Hi there all looking at 2" body lift on 09 lux ,have been told can not do because all ready have 2'' suspension lift can some one please help me out QLD . Thanks Karl
Runamuck

Postby TOYZX on Sun, 09 Aug 2015 6:08 +0000

It's only the modification laws stopping you. Not sure about qld laws but I'm pretty sure if ya buy the VMN kit it's a legal mod up there. I put their kit in my ute and it came with a certificate to keep it the truck. Hope that helps.
TOYZX

Postby gold member on Fri, 26 Feb 2016 2:27 +0000

Hi all, hoping someone on here could provide some detail on the standard tub bolt sizes? Hoping to install my 1 " body lift this break, I have the cab kit but not the tray, has anyone here got pics/ info on the tub and how they lifted it other than the RHS (square tube) style mounts? I am away for work so I am unable to simply look at my tub. Only going a 1" lift as I can easily lift my bullbar 25mm and the wife already struggles to get me beers out of the Weaco [emoji23]

Thanks GM
gold member

Postby TOYZX on Fri, 26 Feb 2016 4:24 +0000

Still don't understand why you'd go to all that trouble doin a body lift for 1 inch! Alot of dicking around for nothing. Anyway what did you get for your cad spacers? Can't you just get six more for the tub? I have some 2 inch blocks that I removed from my tub when I fitted my tray that you could cut in half. Pm me if ya need them.
TOYZX

Postby gold member on Fri, 26 Feb 2016 3:13 +0000

TOYZX wrote:Still don't understand why you'd go to all that trouble doin a body lift for 1 inch! Alot of dicking around for nothing. Anyway what did you get for your cad spacers? Can't you just get six more for the tub? I have some 2 inch blocks that I removed from my tub when I fitted my tray that you could cut in half. Pm me if ya need them.

Thanks toyz I see in this topic you are very passionate about going the 2" and I do understand that but for me I have Gone the 1" because I don't have to modify and move my winch cradle mounting points, I can easily remount my bullbar 25mm higher over the top of the which cradle and not have to re design the whole lot also I only need that inch higher to stop the minimal scrubbing out I am experiencing with my tyres. With a 2" body lift combined with my nearly 3" suspension lift it may look a bit too obvious that I am running a bit over the legal limit (I know, what's another 25mm) and the 1inch blocks stand out a lot less.

I don't think its that much mucking around to only go an inch, no steering spacer, minimal mods for the bonnet scoop to seal to the intercooler shroud, just make some small radiator drop brackets (done) and install the blocks.

I have bought a body lift kit with all the blocks and bolts but I am thinking it's only got enough there to lift the cab, have had the kit for over a year. I thought I would ask here as I am away from home and I cannot simply look at what's required our check how many blocks I have in my kit . I have access to a lathe , bolts and material here so if I needed to i can make more blocks/mounts etc so I have it all for when I go home as at home I have no access to this equipment.

I am wanting to confirm the bolt sizes, and if yes I can simply use more if the 50mm round blocks?
We have heaps of hilux's here at work but they all have trays not tubs.

Would love to grab them blocks off you toyz but I'm on the other side of oz

Cheers GM
gold member

Postby 360AUS on Fri, 08 Apr 2016 10:30 +0000

Hi all,
First post on here so take it easy if my question falls into the n00b category...

I've got a 2014 dual cab with 2in' OME suspension, winch bullbar and side steps also from ARB...
I'm researching the best way for me to lift my car some more so I can fit some 33" shoes on the beast.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a couple front strut packers and leaf spring packers give the desired lift without having to much around adjusting radiator, hoses, bullbar, rock sliders etc. whist giving me higher ramp-over angle clearance?
I am taking into consideration that I would also need a front diff drop kit.
So my question is what it the advantage of doing a body lift in this manner compared to a suspension lift kit?

Cheers.
360AUS

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 09 Apr 2016 5:27 +0000

Thats not doing a body lift. That's just gunna extend all ya suspension components to their limits, especially in the front. If doin a body lift scares you a bit then you will be better off selling your ome and getting a 3-4 inch suspension lift done properly. But really a body lift in easy as pie. The only hard bit you have to worry about is remounting your bar work.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby 360AUS on Sat, 09 Apr 2016 10:05 +0000

It's more the bar work that I'm worried about.
And that there is no ramp-over clearance advantage.
Wouldn't a diff drop kit solve the issues withe the front suspension?
360AUS

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension