PSR Adjustable Upper Control Arms

PSR Adjustable Upper Control Arms

Postby Hilux Matt on Sat, 06 Aug 2022 4:51 +0000

G'day Folks,
I'm just looking for any info or reviews, either good or bad, from people that may have used these control arms

https://www.performancesuspension.com.a ... per-contro

Here is my situation,
I've just fitted Tough Dog adjustable struts & springs in the front that offer 40mm of lift, plus a 10mm spacer which is fitted below the strut mount, not on top.....This is the exact same setup that Snake Racing sell as a 3" front lift

I also fitted a set of nolathane upper control arms at the same time that were supposed to correct the camber & caster issues of the lift, but I still have some positive camber
I have been advised by my wheel aligner to get a set of PSR adjustable control arms to correct the alignment issues

For what it's worth:
It drives straight and true, and doesn't wander at all after the alignment, just have the positive camber issue that is going to destroy the tyres

Cheers
Matt
Last edited by Hilux Matt on Sun, 07 Aug 2022 8:56 +0000, edited 1 time in total.
Hilux Matt

Re: PSR Adjustable Upper Control Arms

Postby Gipsy on Sun, 07 Aug 2022 8:46 +0000

Positive camber shouldn't destroy the tyres, just the outside tread, just rotate them regularly to avoid or minimise it. It's why your hilux tracks ok. Toe in or out is much worse. So long as your not planning on doing Bathurst it should be OK.
For the cost of doing the control arms mod you can probably pay for the tyre wear over the long run.

Positive camber is for stability, while negative camber is common in high performance vehicles that require better cornering. Quick fact: While some positive or negative camber is good, too much of either is bad.
Cheers Gipsy :D although I'm sure somebody will challenge that :lol: even Einstein wasn't certain of his theories.
My 2013 auto D4D DC SR5, prefilter, 3" exhaust and Chip with egt probe, stock SR5 rims with Toyo Open Country AT2 265/65R/17's
Gipsy

Re: PSR Adjustable Upper Control Arms

Postby Hilux Matt on Tue, 20 Sep 2022 4:46 +0000

So a bit of an update:
I ended up purchasing and fitting the above mentioned PSR adjustable upper control arms
Had the wheel alignment done today and it was able to be adjusted so it was all spot on

For what it's worth:
My wheel aligner guaranteed that they would fix the issue and he was 100% correct as usual
I did speak to him several times before I purchased them, and chatting with him again today when I picked up the Hilux, I found out that they are the only brand he'll recommend when they are required
Hilux Matt

Return to Suspension