Fox front end issues

Fox front end issues

Postby shwaa on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:34 +0000

Hey guys,

To paint you a picture, I had some Fox 2.0 front struts fitted to my hilux roughly 2 years ago. I have always had issues with my cv’s so after a lot of looking about it seems that the shop that installed them wound the springs up far too much so that the car sat level, making the shock sit at a 3” height instead of the 2” that I wanted. The ride has always been ruff as guts so I decided to buy some new springs suited to the cars weight.

The shop lowered the seat height by 1” but this has made next to no difference in the height, so I’m asking anyone with Fox suspension with a progression spring rate what height is your shocks set at? I have a Xrox bar, 20” light bar and a winch on the front.

I know what the centre of hub to guard measurement is meant to be but that doesn’t help me when your paying a shop to adjust the height to the correct amount. If I could know what the measurement from the bottom of the tread to the coil seat that would be great!

Any help would be super appreciated.

Cheers, Josh
shwaa

Re: Fox front end issues

Postby Rob_Wood on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 5:51 +0000

shwaa wrote: If I could know what the measurement from the bottom of the tread to the coil seat that would be great!

Any help would be super appreciated.

Cheers, Josh

Not sure what the measurements might be, but trying to clarify ... If you're talking about the measurements between the bottom of the tyre tread to the bottom spring seat, then it will depend on the size of the rims and tyres you're running.
Rob_Wood

Postby shwaa on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 8:58 +0000

If you jump onto this website and scroll down, the photo with the 2 arrows is what I was trying to ask.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/ ... vers.6730/
shwaa

Postby dave g on Sun, 14 Nov 2021 10:59 +0000

Springs to stiff or damping in the shock to hard.
All so how much pressure the tyres.
All cames down to the ride comfort.
dave g

Return to Suspension