Lower control arms

Lower control arms

Postby Yowie on Wed, 04 Apr 2018 3:08 +0000

G'day guys,

Wondering if anyone can tell me if 120 prado lower control arms will fit the kun series hilux?

Reason I'm asking is I was looking at total chaos fab and they offer LCA's with a hiem style joint rather then the ball joint. I contacted them but they said they are totally different but they don't have hilux's in America so just wanted to confirm here.

Only option they have for hilux is a long travel kit which increases the width by 2" over factory which isn't desirable.

Thanks
Yowie

Re: Lower control arms

Postby TOYZX on Wed, 04 Apr 2018 3:58 +0000

Is the hiem joint only reason you want to change the arm? From my experience the hiem joint or spherical bearing works well for race applications but for everyday use they simply don't last.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Re: Lower control arms

Postby Yowie on Thu, 05 Apr 2018 1:52 +0000

TOYZX wrote:Is the hiem joint only reason you want to change the arm? From my experience the hiem joint or spherical bearing works well for race applications but for everyday use they simply don't last.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hey mate,

Yeah mainly just to stop having to pull the control arms off just to replace the ball joints when the boots split on them. Also their LCA's have grease points on the camber pins which I reckon will help when it comes time to remove them.

Another option I saw was like an upside down ball joint when the ball joint was above the LCA so up out of the mud and crap.
Yowie

Return to Suspension