lifting front end

lifting front end

Postby Dragey on Sat, 14 Jan 2017 11:29 +0000

Hi my front end has sagged a lot due to my steel bullbar and general use.
What would be my cheapest option to lift my front way up. Im thinking an allround lift but want it to sit level.
Cheers guys
Dragey 8-)
Dragey

Re: lifting front end

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 14 Jan 2017 11:54 +0000

Buy a full kit! Ome, ultimate etc all hace great products, dont half ass it when it comes to suspension! You'll only end up paying for it twice!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby NZMarkb on Sat, 14 Jan 2017 3:50 +0000

If your not prepared to stand behind our Troops
Then try standing in front of them
NZMarkb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby scottellis88 on Sat, 14 Jan 2017 4:49 +0000

I was thinking the same when i installed my bullbar and dual battery... i bought a full 2" dobinsons kit and as i was struggling for time i only did the front first thinking i could get away with it, it wasn't very nice to drive it had way too much lean when going round corners i had to really slow down.
Once i put the rear springs in which in all fairness only took a couple of hours (first time too) everything stiffened back up and made it drivable again.

If you want to lift it back up to a good height again, just do front and back you will love the look of your car once again
scottellis88

Postby SpinnerDan on Sun, 15 Jan 2017 9:31 +0000

I had the same problem, like everyone who's added a bullbar and also has a missus who places more value on domestic finances than pimping her hubby's hilux. I researched the cheap options: looked at putting in a spacer to preload the front spring; then looked at just replacing the strut spring with a heavy duty number and retaining the existing OEM strut. In the end, all of this affects the way your shocks work as well as braking bias and general comfort. And legality too if you're concerned with that. And it's just a temporary solution because ultimately you'll want a decent suspension kit. Save your coin on cheap fixes (which aren't that cheap once you factor in fitting and a wheel alignment) and get a decent full suspension kit.

I just got my Lux lifted 2" by Superior Engineering and couldn't be happier with the results... handling and look. It's a new truck. Love it, and it cost about $1700 all up, fitted. So save up and do it properly the first time, is my advice.
SpinnerDan

Return to Suspension