Difference between Twin Arm and Balance Arm stabilizers

Difference between Twin Arm and Balance Arm stabilizers

Postby rushenn on Wed, 23 Nov 2016 7:14 +0000

Hi there,

I owned a 2009 Hilux Vigo and living in a country area with full of bad conditioned roads. Most of the time I feels too much vibrations and uncomfortable condition inside the truck thanks to our crappy road system. Some one suggested me to go for double shackles which will reduce the vibration up to a certain level. So I bought a pair of shackles from AliExpress and I'm seeing some improvement after replacing the factory 'U' shaped shackles with this.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-2016-4x4-Pickup-Trucks-Double-Shackle-for-Hilux-Vigo-Champ/32660657559.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.egV7oM

The AliExpress seller also suggested me to go for a Balance Arm Stabilizer which would further stabilize the truck during hard corners.

When I further searched about Balance Arms, I also found another product called Twin Arm which is also meant to give further comforts during off roads and other bad conditioned roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0O6-r653gI

If you have any knowledge/experience in this 'Arm' items, please suggest me which one would give further comforts for the above given conditions. Also if you know any other aftermarkets products which are meant to reduce the vibration and increase the comfort inside the truck, please do suggest me

Regards,
Rushenn
rushenn

Re: Difference between Twin Arm and Balance Arm stabilizers

Postby taresk on Wed, 23 Nov 2016 7:23 +0000

Some quality aftermarket springs, with a good set of shock absorbers will make the most difference.

Also, if you're not going too fast, or carrying too much load, you could always take a pound or two of pressure out of your tyres.

I have seen those twin arm stabilisers on ebay, I honestly can't figure out how they work, unless it's by twisting the bushes in the arms? But I can't imagine they'll improve comfort levels, stabilisers usually reduce comfort by stiffening the suspension movement.
taresk

Postby rushenn on Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:24 +0000

Thank you for your prompt response. Is it possible to fit the shock absorbers with the factory springs?
rushenn

Postby taresk on Thu, 24 Nov 2016 9:30 +0000

Yes, that's not a problem.
taresk

Postby Vafthebest27 on Fri, 10 Nov 2017 1:44 +0000

Can you tell me if you found any solution because I have the same problem and i am thinking about the Double Shackles?!
Vafthebest27

Postby rushenn on Thu, 16 Nov 2017 5:39 +0000

Vafthebest27 wrote:Can you tell me if you found any solution because I have the same problem and i am thinking about the Double Shackles?!

I've installed the double shackles. Now it's much better when traveling offroad.
rushenn

Postby vafthebest on Thu, 16 Nov 2017 6:58 +0000

rushenn wrote:
Vafthebest27 wrote:Can you tell me if you found any solution because I have the same problem and i am thinking about the Double Shackles?!

I've installed the double shackles. Now it's much better when traveling offroad.
What's the feeling for onroad trip? Does the back axcle bumps the same?

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
vafthebest

Postby rushenn on Tue, 21 Nov 2017 2:28 +0000

vafthebest wrote:
rushenn wrote:

What's the feeling for onroad trip? Does the back axcle bumps the same?

Στάλθηκε από το Mi A1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

There is no any difference on road.
rushenn

Return to Suspension