Need advice on lift kits and more

Need advice on lift kits and more

Postby bajsmalen on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 1:46 +0000

Hi guys, new one here.

I'm looking at getting a lift kit, bigger tires and if possible wheel spacers for my 2008 Hilux, but I need help pointing me in the right direction.

I'm doing this almost exlusively for looks but I would like a suspension lift over a body lift since heavy snowing can be an issue here in Sweden.

I own a pair of 15" Incubus off-road wheels I'm going to use (pictures included).

I've been looking at a Liftcraft 3"/2" lift kit but I read that it maybe would be wise to spend my money elsewhere.

I've stretched my budget for the LIFT KIT to 700USD/1000AUD/525GBP including import taxes from outside EU(~30%) and shipping.
I want to make the car sit leveled (it leans forward from the factory)
I want to know how big tires I can fit without issues.
If possible I would like a wider stance too.
Reliability is a high priority since it's an everyday vehicle.

Tips on A/T tires that work good on pavement and snow is appreciated, I've been looking at the BFG A/T ko2.

PS. I realize my budget for a decent lift kit might be to small so if you find this impossible please dont be afraid to leave tips on more expensive kits that might be in reach.

Thanks in advance /J

bajsmalen

Re: Need advice on lift kits and more

Postby Rocket55 on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 5:04 +0000

Please use the search function as we already have many threads on lift kits and tyres. Check out the dedicated areas of the forum for these items in the links below.

Suspension
viewforum.php?f=28

Wheels and tyres
viewforum.php?f=27

There is also dedicated threads on making the Hilux sit level..

Check out the 32" (or 265/75/16) and 33" tyre threads.
Cheers Rod
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Bitumen ...... another waste of public funds
Rocket55

Return to Suspension