slight vibration after 2" lift...

Re: slight vibration after 2" lift...

Postby Rob_Wood on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 6:34 +0000

Scotty K wrote:after reading these threads it looks like I'm another unlucky bastard who's hilux got the 'shakes' after getting lifted.

I've spent the past three months getting tyres re-balanced, wheel alignments, adjustable upper control arms, switching back to factory wheels and tyres, adding weight into the canopy, and frigging around with different sized centre bearing spacers; none of which made much difference to the vibration I'm getting through the driveline.

I'll be trying some caster wedges and will post an update afterwards.

Scotty, "Matt" from Matt's Windscreens is now working in Marshy's in South Street. He'll be able to help you out no worries.
Rob_Wood

Postby Scotty K on Wed, 30 Dec 2020 9:30 +0000

Thanks Rob,
I'm fitting the caster wedges next week.
If they make no difference I'll head into Marshy's and chat with Matt.
Scotty K

Postby Rob_Wood on Thu, 31 Dec 2020 5:35 +0000

Scotty K wrote:Thanks Rob,
I'm fitting the caster wedges next week.
If they make no difference I'll head into Marshy's and chat with Matt.

I know Matty, when he had the windscreen business he did a lot of 4WD stuff, pretty good at it (just got my new front Ironmans off him). Marshy's is relatively new in town and I don't know the other guys there, they're probably OK, I just can't comment coz I haven't dealt with them before.
Rob_Wood

Postby axcesslockarto on Tue, 29 Nov 2022 11:30 +0000

Very similar experience as Scotty K.
Vibrates on take off 1-2k rpm and them an uncomfortable ride after that.
Have spent the last month helping the guys who installed the Dobson 2 "lift to solve the vibration problem in my 2022 Hilux ute. Tub is empty.
Had the tyres re-balanced multiple times by different people, multiple wheel alignments, switching tyres back to factory wheels and then back to the Method rims with Monsta tyres, total shock and spring removal, replacement and reinstall with no success.
Poor Guys who fitted them have no idea how to get ride of the vibration as they have spent countless hours trying everything above.
Ill get them to try the caster wedges and see how we go.

Will post result after there installed, hope they work.
axcesslockarto

Previous

Return to Suspension