3 inch bilstein lift kit questions.

Re: 3 inch bilstein lift kit questions.

Postby kixx on Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:48 +0000

What spring rate did you get as this may be a factor (steel bar, dual batt, winch etc etc + soft springs may = sag?)

If you are unhappy or unsure of a product there is no need to arm yourself with part #'s etc, just simply ask the guy why it's not sitting at the desired/advertised height. If they're good guys they'll tell you exactly why and be more then happy to go through and show you part #'s to reassure you, after all - it's in their best interest to keep you happy.

Just incase, here you go.
http://www.acetyresandauto.com.au/toyota-fj-cruiser-4x4-springs-front/tough-dog-coil-springs-td-tdc974
N80 Touring Rig WIP
kixx

Postby Solja on Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:38 +0000

Hey guys, sorry to just tag on but enjoying the thread, real good read.
Ive got a 2" dobinson lift, front springs and shocks, and in the rear just 2" shocks and extended shackles.
Im considering going to 3". And a mate said to just put a add a leaf with u bold in the rear and 1" strut spacer in the front, but told me that i would also need Sway bar relocation, extended upper ball joints, diff drop kit. Ive already installed 3" brake lines. I already got given to me the extended ball joints and diff drop kit (just not installed yet) I run 265/75/16 on 16x8 0 offset.
Is this a good idea??? Do I need all this stuff, is there a better way?
I only use it off-road 15% of my driving. But just need some more advice.
Is strut spacers a bad idea? Should i get 3" springs instead?
Any info would be awesome.
Solja

Postby TOYZX on Sat, 31 Dec 2016 7:25 +0000

Read the strut spacers thread, that'll answer some questions. In my opinion regardless of how much offroading you do the safest way is to do it all properly! All these spacers and shackles are simply dodgy, I see them all fail way too often at work. Even I learned that the hard way!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
TOYZX

Postby kixx on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 4:18 +0000

TOYZX is right, avoid strut spacers where possible to save yourself the heartache of the repair cost and potential towing costs involved.

Do it right the first time with a proper kit made to handle your vehicle and the odd dirt days.
N80 Touring Rig WIP
kixx

Previous

Return to Suspension